Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bendis will get his turn eventually. It is guaranteed to happen, which I worry about a lot, but I can see them giving Priest a chance before Bendis if Priest pushes for it. He obviously really wants to write Batman given how much he has used him in his Deathstroke run, and they can promote it as the fist Black main Batman writer to write the title too.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Bendis will get his turn eventually. It is guaranteed to happen, which I worry about a lot, but I can see them giving Priest a chance before Bendis if Priest pushes for it. He obviously really wants to write Batman given how much he has used him in his Deathstroke run, and they can promote it as the fist Black main Batman writer to write the title too.
    I would want Priest to get a real chance, not just a fill-in between King and Bendis.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I can see it being Williamson. He's a semi-bigger DC name right now with his Flash run, and has experience on Batman between the Flash/Batman crossovers as well as Justice League vs. Suicide Squad.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

My vote goes to Bendis and Priest. Both of them should write Batman and Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I would want Priest to get a real chance, not just a fill-in between King and Bendis.
    It all would depend when Bendis would want to take over Batman, so I don't think Priest will get a King like 100+ issues guaranteed. Maybe a decent run though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    My vote goes to Bendis and Priest. Both of them should write Batman and Nightwing.
    I can't see either of them writing Nightwing. They want Batman.

Really hoping for Christopher Priest

I'd want Priest on Batman. Give him free range and let him do his thing.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Get a bunch of writers to do limited runs, and at the end of it whoever was best gets custody of Batman.

But hopefully not Bendis. I don't really want All New All Different Batman. Especially after he ran through the Superfam like a wrecking ball.
    Last edited by babybats; 01-05-2019 at 03:15 PM.

I would definitively love a Priest run on Batman. He has killed with his Deathstroke, and I'm pretty sure he would both introduce new characters which are interesting and make uses of better established ones.

Orlando and Williamson would also doa great job. However, I feel that DC shouldn't let any other writer have a 100+ long run, if they don't actually push forward real lasting changes to the mythos. Because, while King definitively as his personal spins on Batman's themes, he plays it rather close to the books, to me.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Peter J. Tomasi, 'nuff said.

One of the best Batman and Superman runs in recent history.

He understands family dynamic with Damian and if he did hopefully he can include Cass, Steph, and Tim properly

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Peter J. Tomasi, 'nuff said.

One of the best Batman and Superman runs in recent history.

He understands family dynamic with Damian and if he did hopefully he can include Cass, Steph, and Tim properly
    He's on Tec.

Priest has been outstanding on Deathstroke so would like to see him get a shot. Orlando, Williamson and Taylor have all shown they can do a decent Batman so cool with any of them but Priest is my ideal.

Incredible Member

Tom Taylor. His Annual #3 was awesome. Honestly though, anyone has to be better than King.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Personally I'd like to see Garth Ennis take on Batman.
    I know he hates superheroes, but I think that he might be attracted to the prospect of writing one of the traditionally highest selling titles in the industry right now, that I think he could deliver a potentially classic run.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He's on Tec.

Priest has been outstanding on Deathstroke so would like to see him get a shot. Orlando, Williamson and Taylor have all shown they can do a decent Batman so cool with any of them but Priest is my ideal.
    Yeah, but we're talking about after King's 105 issue opus; and do we know how many issues Tomasi has on 'Tec? I was under the impression it was up until issue 1k.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Tomasi seems to be a natural choice since he's very experienced writing the family. He's done Nightwing, Batman and Robin, the other Batman and Robin, and now Detective.

The only thing I dislike about him was his Batman during the five stages of grief where Batman abused his family and never got any repercussion nor given any apology other than a promise to never keep a secret again, which he lied since Grayson was alive. So I'm not looking forward of him heading the inevitable family event.

I was only half joking when I said the writer should make a top-rated Dick Grayson story first, but Seeley was my pick. He's good at Nightwing, Batman, Damian, Barbara and Helena, and we already lost him on Nightwing anyway. His weakness is his Dick and Jason can feel a bit dudebro, but only on extremely rare situation.

Priest I'm not that familiar. He seems to have a good handle on Batman and Nightwing, but I don't really like his voice for Damian, but it's just unfamiliarity with the character.