Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah, but we're talking about after King's 105 issue opus; and do we know how many issues Tomasi has on 'Tec? I was under the impression it was up until issue 1k.
    Pretty sure Tomasi has stated he's staying on pass #1000

BANNED

I think Priest would knock it out of the park with Batman. Imagining Bendis on Nightwing makes my blood run cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Priest I'm not that familiar. He seems to have a good handle on Batman and Nightwing
    He wrote Nightwing terribly the one time he wrote him in his Lazarus Contract story and then called the character everything wrong with superhero comics and that Dick should resent Bruce for endangering him as a child.

After his all too short run on Detective Comics, the writer I would most want to see is Bryan Hill. I know he said he might retire after 2019 so that probably will never happen but he would be the best option in my opinion. Excited to see what he will do with his outsiders run if it ever gets released. The Killmonger mini series he is currently writing for Marvel is excellent.

If not hill I would say that my wish list would be:

1) Priest- He is my favorite writer at the moment, although to be honest I am not 100% sure about him handling Bats, he seems to have an overly negative view of Bruce and that would kinda annoy me if that was what his book focused on. That said he wrote Bruce decently in his Justice League run and is a great writer so I trust he could come up with something great. Only scary thing with him would be that his run would either be an all time great or an absolute disaster

2) Matt Kindt (His recent excellent Ninjak run really felt like a Batman comic in some aspects, had never read anything Valiant before that but his Ninjak book was great)

3) Joshua Williamson

4) Charles Soule ( If he would leave Marvel)

5) Paul Dini- not sure if he would ever come back to comics but would be great if he did, his tec' run is one of my all time favorite runs of Batman

I like Tom Taylor and he could be a good choice but I will say none of his actual long term runs on books have been that great. He writes some amazing one shot comics and AU stuff (injustice) where he can kinda do what he wants but whenever he gets an extended run on a comic in the main continuity it kinda disappoints.

After that it is pretty much anyone not named Bendis but unfortunately unless he is too busy there is no way I can imagine DC giving it to anyone other than Bendis. Unless Snyder for some reason would want to write the main book again it's most likely going to be Bendis and at that point even fans who hate King's run will be begging for him to come back after an arc or two with Bendis.
    Last edited by regg215; 01-06-2019 at 12:52 AM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

BANNED

Charles Soule wrecked my beloved Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Charles Soule wrecked my beloved Inhumans.
    You are certainly correct on that. I only mentioned him because I recently re-read his run on Daredevil and was really impressed by it and thought he might handle a street level character like bats well because of that. With that said you are 100 percent correct, he absolutely botched the inhumans, he really seems to struggle with team books, his X-men, inhumans and thunderbolts were all pretty bad. As a FF fan I really like the inhumans, it sucked that such great characters finally got the spotlight and he absolutely wrecked them.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He wrote Nightwing terribly the one time he wrote him in his Lazarus Contract story and then called the character everything wrong with superhero comics and that Dick should resent Bruce for endangering him as a child.
    I thought it was because he thinks he's wasted potential, a character that shouldn't be boring but is because DC doesn't invest on him.

Seeley then.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    2) Matt Kindt (His recent excellent Ninjak run really felt like a Batman comic in some aspects, had never read anything Valiant before that but his Ninjak book was great)
    Kindt would be great. Sucks his brief time at DC was marred by crossovers and editorial interference. I think he'd be really interested in deconstructing Batman though, and we've seen how well this base reacts to that lmao.

I'd throw Ales Kot's name in the ring as well. I think he's sworn off superheroes after working with Marvel, but his recent James Bond run was a lot of fun, as was Bloodborne.
    Last edited by Kurisu; 01-05-2019 at 09:40 PM.

I thought it was because he thinks he's wasted potential, a character that shouldn't be boring but is because DC doesn't invest on him.

Seeley then.
    Sort of but not really. His original rant where he slammed the character was right after people criticized his use of him in his Lazarus Contract story. Nothing in his original rant was about how the character is wasted potiental or work given the poor voice Priets decide to use for him in his LC story. Then later he tried to walk it back some saying the character should be better, but I just don't think he is that interested in the character at the end of the day. He is more drawn to characters that are "damaged" like Deathstroke, Bruce and Damian where he really wants to write them and goes out of his way to write them as much as he can. If he had to write Dick I imagine he would write him as being very damaged, which goes back to how he things Dick should resent Bruce for endangering him as a kid.

Of course I'd never say no to him writing Nightwing, especially given the current state of the series, but I just would have very tempered expectations.
    Last edited by Badou; 01-05-2019 at 10:24 PM.

I doubt Bendis will be doing Batman immediately after King, since he will almost certainly still be doing Superman and Action Comics by next year, and I think it may be going too far to have the main Superman and Batman books being done by the same person, that just seems like overload. Plus he's currently writing the Batman Walmart books so he's not exactly itching for some Batman.

I'm on the side of them hiring a completely new person or someone that hasn't really written Batman. Especially after the reception of King's run I feel like they'll want a BIG name to take on the run, and I think even though people like Williamson, Tynion, Priest, Taylor etc. would be excellent to see, they aren't really considered "huge draws".

Jeff Lemire is someone I think has the best chance of everyone mentioned and I would be absolutely all for that.

Mmm... Not the kind of book Lemire is strong with. I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    You are certainly correct on that. I only mentioned him because I recently re-read his run on Daredevil and was really impressed by it and thought he might handle a street level character like bats well because of that. With that said you are 100 percent correct, he absolutely botched the inhumans, he really seems to struggle with team books, his X-men, inhumans and thunderbolts were all pretty bad. As a FF fan I really like the inhumans, it sucked that such great characters finally got the spotlight and he absolutely wrecked them.
    Soule's Red Lanterns is a wonderful team book.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    One of the few things to save among N52.
    Soule on batman would be really interesting.

I'd like Jeff Lemire

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    Never really read his Red Lanterns run, kinda checked out on the lanterns stuff in New 52 after Johns left. I was really into most of the books but Once Vendetti came in and had Hal and Carol break up like 8 pages into his run after years of repairing their relationship and kinda ruined the main book in my opinion, I kinda checked out on all of the lantern books. I Will certainly give it a look, Thanks for the information.

Tomasi seems to be a natural choice since he's very experienced writing the family. He's done Nightwing, Batman and Robin, the other Batman and Robin, and now Detective.

The only thing I dislike about him was his Batman during the five stages of grief where Batman abused his family and never got any repercussion nor given any apology other than a promise to never keep a secret again, which he lied since Grayson was alive. So I'm not looking forward of him heading the inevitable family event.

I was only half joking when I said the writer should make a top-rated Dick Grayson story first, but Seeley was my pick. He's good at Nightwing, Batman, Damian, Barbara and Helena, and we already lost him on Nightwing anyway. His weakness is his Dick and Jason can feel a bit dudebro, but only on extremely rare situation.

Priest I'm not that familiar. He seems to have a good handle on Batman and Nightwing, but I don't really like his voice for Damian, but it's just unfamiliarity with the character.
    Because he was going through the 5 stages of grief and acting crazy to deal though he needs to do more than apologise to Jason. Tomasi does a good Bruce, Alfred, Tim, Dick, Jason and Dick