Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That happened because in the 1960s when the story was originally published, it would've made sense to have the original Nazi Red Skull as the one Richard and Mary went undercover to beat since World War II would've only been 20 years prior to what was then the present.
    I think the real problem with Peter's parents being spies is that it takes away from his everyman origins if it turns out he's the son of special super-agents and heroes and so on. That was a bigger problem in Ultimate Marvel where Peter's Dad is this genius scientist. Fundamentally, Peter's parents are not important to the story and it's a kind of dead end. At the same time, Peter's parents are written by Stan Lee himself in the Lee-Romita era in Annual 5 so it's as canon as they come.

Speaking of Untold Tales...Peter David announced a new story called Symbiote Spider-Man set in the period where Peter wore the Alien Costume but before he got rid of the symbiote...so that's very much in the spirit of the Untold Tales and Spider-Man: Blue.

Spy parents was a mistake, but they've done a good job of handling it over the years by not making it too important to the mythos and just going back to it sometimes for nice stories.
    "The monitor is lagging, I can't stop throwing up, I'm better than you"

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Speaking of Untold Tales...Peter David announced a new story called Symbiote Spider-Man set in the period where Peter wore the Alien Costume but before he got rid of the symbiote...so that's very much in the spirit of the Untold Tales and Spider-Man: Blue.
    Well, looks like I got my wish haha
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog