Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A discussion about non-powered love interests with nary a mention of the amazing Candy Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I liked Judah and I like it when the X-men date civilians. I miss Trish Tilby, Charlotte Jones, Opal, etc. I think it opens up the world and makes the X-men feel more authentic when we have some reoccurring non-mutant characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ditto on liking it when the X-Men get the occasional human in the mix.
    I prefer when X-Men (and heroes in general) date each other because at least then it makes their romance more important in the story. They will go on missions together, fight together and go through all the superhero hijinks together as teammates as well as significant others. Meanwhile a civilian love interest is either part of a subplot, removed from the action or they are a liability and being kidnapped by the villain which is a trope old as dirt.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Is that 13 Beaches line a Lana Del Rey reference?? Living for it.

spoilers:
    That was a lot of fun, and now I'm more pleased than ever to know this run will be getting an epilogue next month.

Bobby continues his progress when it comes to using his powers creatively, good showing for Emma, Bishop, the Morlocks, and Christian Frost. The whole Mutant Pride thing was just a fun bit of world-building of the sort we haven't seen much of since Morrison left the X-Men. I wasn't crazy about the characterization of Sinister, but eh. The only thing about Sinny that's consistent outside of the broad strokes the last few years is his inconsistency. Really just an enjoyable read overall. Also, why is Sina Grace the only person who seems capable of writing a likable Kitty Pryde lately? I'll be sad to see this volume wrap, and I'm really hoping the X-Office decides to keep Grace on in some capacity after AoXM has run its course.
    end of spoilers

Can we (I) get the 411 on the cameos? I know we saw the Frosts at the event, but what presence/involvement do they have in today's release? Same for Bishy please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can we (I) get the 411 on the cameos? I know we saw the Frosts at the event, but what presence/involvement do they have in today's release? Same for Bishy please.
    spoilers:

Bishop continued his role from last issue, working with the Morlocks to help provide security at the MP event and protected people when Sinister's minions were running amok. Emma and Christian were also helping with the fight; Christian still seems a bit unbalanced, but is definitely thinking for himself these days.
    end of spoilers

Done already? This was such wonderful, quintessential X-Men solo material. Sina needs to be on a team book featuring Bobby this instant.

BANNED

Shade just became one of my favorite mutants ever I want to see her as a full fledged X-man STAT

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The Frosts are much more than cameos this time. They are the POV characters of the Pride Parade set parts of the issue. There's an amazing bit with Emma and a young mutant selling Manhattan-stitched threads.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Shade just became one of my favorite mutants ever I want to see her as a full fledged X-man STAT
    Yeah, about that. Who is she? Do we know her from somewhere other than last issue? I could do with a book featuring her and the Frost sibs.

My level of excitement for this mini wasn't as high as the solo series but still this was a very strong conclusion. Loved all the cameos and Shade is an icon.

This mini was great. Probably better than the original run. It needed an extra moment to further developments on some rushed beats but this was fun, unique, and felt like it added to the X-Mythos.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I liked the issue, it was a good conclusion to the mini with nice action and good character beats. The only part of the writing I didn't really care for was the power of friendship line in the Sinister fight. I don't care for Nate Stockman's art, kind of disappointed he's doing the Winter's End one shot next month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Is that 13 Beaches line a Lana Del Rey reference?? Living for it.
    and the Swift "Look what you made me do"

seems like Sina doesn't understand his villains...first Daken and now Sinister. The arc was better than some of the crap we've been getting from marvel, but largely forgettable. Iceman is doing things that he did in Xmen Forever in 2001. Writers just need to treat him like his powers are solid/liquid/gas.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    This mini was great. Probably better than the original run. It needed an extra moment to further developments on some rushed beats but this was fun, unique, and felt like it added to the X-Mythos.
    I guess that will be the Winter's End one shot next month.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God