View Poll Results: Should Rachel Grey Go Cosmic?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, A Rachel & Nova team-up could be interesting if it means Rachel gets more exposure!

20 35.71%
  • I would be down for Rachel going Cosmic but not with Nova.

23 41.07%
  • Nah. Let her rot in Limbo.

8 14.29%
  • Nope, the X-Men needs to keep is background character numbers up!

5 8.93%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I'm not much of a fan of stories in space and prefer her with the X-mens but anything is better than her being turned into a Hound for the hundredth time and would like to see her rejoined the Phoenix at least makes more sense than Hope,Wolverine or QQ.
    Nah. Anything is better then Prestige.
    Coamic rachel can make some cool new status quo for her.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I dont think she needs to be phoenix. That would only put her more on Jean's shadow. developments outside of the x-men are usually and quickly ignored on the x-books. If rachel is going to get something significant it should be on the x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I dont think she needs to be phoenix. That would only put her more on Jean's shadow. developments outside of the x-men are usually and quickly ignored on the x-books. If rachel is going to get something significant it should be on the x-men.
    Let her be Phoenix. Excalibur pretty heavily distinguished her from Jean in terms of development and her relationship to the cosmic fire bird. So unless we’re getting a relaunch of Excalibur with a crazy good lineup on the creative team and team members, she should take some time off of the X-Office. Because if anything’s gonna put her back in Jean’s shadow, it’s being the less powerful copy fighter on a sister team to whatever squad Jean will be leading post-AoXM.

let her be GOD
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Strongly disagree.

Marvel should just give her to the Cosmic side and only make guest appearances in the X-Titles.

History has shown us that Rachel will never do anything or be anything substantial in the X-Titles. There are just to many Telepaths, to many Telekinetic, and to many Red heads. Even if that wasn't the case there will always be Jean. Rachel will never have a chance to be anything significant in the X-Men, unfortunately.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Incredible Member

As if staying in X-men will help her get out of it. Some of her most significant role has been outside the X-men like in Excalibur and in the Rise and fall of Shiar and stories which came after that. As long as she is X-men she will be in Jeans's shadow unless they change her powerset completely(like making her a magician or just replacing her powers with super strength ) or something just as drastic.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I was on the record wishing Rachel had been part of something like Ewing's Ultimates, a book where she could actually show her stuff rather than be nerfed for the story.
    My thoughts exactly. Whether Jean, Madelyne Pryor or Rachel, they would have made an awesome addition to the team. Too bad the Ultimates are no more.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Anything is better than how she is right now, so why not.

I always like seeing X-Men as part of other teams. I really thought the idea of Uncanny Avengers was great and for the most part I enjoyed Remender's run. I'd like to see more X-people branch out.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I wouldn't mind seeing her go cosmic.But, I wouldn't send her Nova. Instead I would send her to the GoTG, along with Kitty. They could both use a change of scenery. That's just my opinion.
    And, they could also finally be togather as a couple while out in space.

Fantastic Member

She should be the new Nova

They already tried keeping her out in the cosmic side years ago. I liked that time, because Rachel had the blue Phoenix echo while she was out in space with Alex, Lorna, and the Starjammers. It was like one of the few times in the past couple decades where she actually acted like the powerhouse she was in her Excalibur days. I was annoyed that they so quickly took it away from her.

I wish the Phoenix Force was more of a dial and less of a toggle.

It’d be interesting to see what Rachel could learn about it if she accessed it on a low simmer rather than the high heat boil we’re used to with P5, White Hot Room, or even the silly displays the Cuckoos and QQ managed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wish the Phoenix Force was more of a dial and less of a toggle.

It’d be interesting to see what Rachel could learn about it if she accessed it on a low simmer rather than the high heat boil we’re used to with P5, White Hot Room, or even the silly displays the Cuckoos and QQ managed.
    Like the Phoenix Echo she had during the Rise and Fall of Shiar empire?