View Poll Results: Should Rachel Grey Go Cosmic?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, A Rachel & Nova team-up could be interesting if it means Rachel gets more exposure!

20 35.71%
  • I would be down for Rachel going Cosmic but not with Nova.

23 41.07%
  • Nah. Let her rot in Limbo.

8 14.29%
  • Nope, the X-Men needs to keep is background character numbers up!

5 8.93%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sorta... but “echo” suggests a binary situation. It’s somewhat what I mean though.

Like, let’s assume white hot room timespace omniscience and manipulation is ten, and finding pulses through floating spoons is one, what’s a two?

Can Rachel go cosmic if she flies under the radar of being “full” Phoenix but still access pyrkinesis and deep space biology?

Think it would be better to leave the Phoenix out of it if Rachel were to go cosmic. The character isn’t going to grow rehashing old concepts. Her powers are fine the way they are for her to go cosmic. If the imagery of the Phoenix is that important to her character Marvel could do a cosmic story with her and Nova where she looses her telekinesis but gains Pyrokinesis instead.

That would still allow her to have the Phoenix motif without being forced to go batsh!$@ crazy and solidify her separation from Jean. The Pyrokinesis could even be on a level were she could create shapes and what not.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-06-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Let her rot. She's reductive at this point and no one knows what to do with her anymore.

The Red Dragon

Kill her off. Beyond redudant at this point

The options in this poll needs include keeping Rachel on earth and with X-Force and/or Cable. This is the perfect opportunity for her to actually interact with some form of Cable.

Rachel as a cosmic character makes no sense since she has no connection to any other cosmic character, she's no longer the Phoenix. Her goals are to prevent her future from happening and protect mutants. That can't happen if she's in space.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    The options in this poll needs include keeping Rachel on earth and with X-Force and/or Cable. This is the perfect opportunity for her to actually interact with some form of Cable.

Rachel as a cosmic character makes no sense since she has no connection to any other cosmic character, she's no longer the Phoenix. Her goals are to prevent her future from happening and protect mutants. That can't happen if she's in space.
    X-Men series covered that their are mutants in Space. Protecting the Universe also protects earth which has mutants. Her future for the most part is already "fixed". Cables and Bishops seems to be the one's that are perpetually in flux. Last time Rachel had a meaningful relationship with Cable, he was still in pampers.

So far the character hasn't grown being on the X-Men. Which is the state of many of their characters in-spite of how good they are and how great they can be. There just isn't enough room for all of them.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post

I thought Rachel already did enough to avert aspects of her dark future? The reality is quite a few members of the X-Men have seen some version of the future and they're all dark. Maybe one day she realizes that she's just pissing in the wind -- hurricane gale force winds at that. Maybe she has an epiphany that humanity must experience and endure these future tribulations -- every horror -- in order to emerge on the other side as a truly evolved and more closely united whole? Or maybe she just wakes up one morning, decides to go for a flight around the planet just to clear her head and seeking a better perspective when her cosmic destiny seizes her? Lots of ways to paint Rachel onto a cosmic canvas without it seeming outlandish or nonsensical.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Rachel in particular just needs to get out of the hound mind control loop she is stuck in. Cosmic marvel has always been boring but yeah is as far away from the x jerks you can get
    Cosmic Marvel is pretty good. I would have no problem teaming her up with Nova. I doubt it will happen, as other offices at Marvel don't seem to see Rachel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Think it would be better to leave the Phoenix out of it if Rachel were to go cosmic. The character isn’t going to grow rehashing old concepts. Her powers are fine the way they are for her to go cosmic. If the imagery of the Phoenix is that important to her character Marvel could do a cosmic story with her and Nova where she looses her telekinesis but gains Pyrokinesis instead.

That would still allow her to have the Phoenix motif without being forced to go batsh!$@ crazy and solidify her separation from Jean. The Pyrokinesis could even be on a level were she could create shapes and what not.
    I think she should not use the Phoenix motif. Really in AvX we had Rachel kick Thor's butt. Even Guggenheim had her take down the Minotaur. Just stop the hound mind control stories, and Rachel really is already at a cosmic power level. I'm sure she could use tk to fly through space, and pre Guggenheim she was shown as a master telepath.

Although I don't personally identify the Rachel of now as the same character I loved back in her Uncanny/Excalibur days, I did actually enjoy 'Rise & Fall... Shi'ar Empire' and some of the subsequent stories (which is unusual for me, as I've never been a fan of X-Men in space before), so yes, have her go cosmic again. Perhaps rejoining the Starjammers (if they still exist?).

I echo calls for her to get the Phoenix power back and to lose the awful codename.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

Phoenix is not necessary, she can have a secondary Mutation which gives her Vulcan's powers then there is no need for Phoenix at all.

BANNED

I’ve no attachment to Rachel. I personally think she’s redundant in her powers, personality & aesthetic, and I can’t think of many interesting tales to tell with her that haven’t already been told. If not a meaningful death that lasts (that never happens) I’d probably send her to join the Starjammers.
    Exiles would have worked but I think that’s approaching cancellation (?) and Excalibur might have worked but it’s currently not a title in publication.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Anything is better than the treatment she has received by the editors and writers in the x-line. She has the ability to shine, just no one wants to do it. Send her out of the x-fold as it's clear they don't want her.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Anything is better than the treatment she has received by the editors and writers in the x-line. She has the ability to shine, just no one wants to do it. Send her out of the x-fold as it's clear they don't want her.
    Too true. Rachel will never be able to do much of anything if she stays in the X- Franchise. She is one of many characters that need to branch out to other corners of the Marvel Universe and stay there.

Well, the X-books probably won't have much use for her now that Jean is back.