Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Has WB already "rebooted" the DCEU?

According to some reports, Harley Quinn and Her Amazing Friends is apparently NOT connected the SS movie and apparently neither is the next SS movie. Both are considered hard reboots. So with this, along with Twilight Batman and openly stand alone projects like Joker, is the DCEU getting a soft reboot? WW84 seems to take place in the Snyder-verse but who knows.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/no...block-33476271
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    According to some reports, Harley Quinn and Her Amazing Friends is apparently NOT connected the SS movie and apparently neither is the next SS movie. Both are considered hard reboots. So with this, along with Twilight Batman and openly stand alone projects like Joker, is the DCEU getting a soft reboot? WW84 seems to take place in the Snyder-verse but who knows.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/no...block-33476271
    Well, I think they've already "rebooted" insofar as they're going to. Franchises like WW, Aquaman, and Shazam will most likely continue to use the shared universe established by Snyder, but only reference actual events from the films rarely and quietly, just like Aquaman referenced JL with a single line of dialogue.

WB has said they're focusing on solo films and not worrying much about a shared continuity, which is how we're getting stuff like Joker.

So it seems like we're going to have a "half in, half out" approach. Movies might be part of the established canon, might contradict it, (or both simultaneously) or clearly be set apart and have no connection at all.

Which is all fine with me. What's the point of a shared universe when the movies themselves aren't worth watching? Make good movies and I'll watch them, they don't have to be in the same setting for me to enjoy them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

There are also rumors that WB wants to set their upcoming Superman and Green Lantern Corps projects in the same universe as their next Batman film. Seems ultra-tenuous at this point.