Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I certainly hope so...

This issue was an improvement, for sure. I'd be ok with Bogdanovic sticking around as a regular artist; he's like a Greg Capullo-lite.
    Replace Robson Rocha? Not in a million years.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 06-21-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I only stuck with this one more issue for Bogdanovic, but I also only stuck with the first arc of KSD due to Rocha. If I was going to keep reading KSD then Rocha would be the better fit for sure. Bogdanovic's work on Terrifics and Silencer was amazing and more suited and I think he is wasted here.

Wonder Woman will be appearing in #50.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByC68JzA...d=jcyg62g2mu9d

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Wonder Woman will be appearing in #50.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByC68JzA...d=jcyg62g2mu9d
    DeConnick writing Wonder Woman huh. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I only stuck with this one more issue for Bogdanovic, but I also only stuck with the first arc of KSD due to Rocha. If I was going to keep reading KSD then Rocha would be the better fit for sure. Bogdanovic's work on Terrifics and Silencer was amazing and more suited and I think he is wasted here.
    If Rocha was off, it would be easy to drop Aquaman.

Loved the last issue, I’m quite enjoying the KSD run so far. Can’t wait for Aqualad and Arthur to finally meet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that the Leviathan was inspired by Topo and the other monster which was used in the creation of the Chymera (I think it was its name) back in New 52.

Edit, also concerning the future newcomer in the Aquafmily, I would like it a lot if the name is Eldoris.
    A.J. curry deserves a chance to actually grow up.

Issue 49 was a great read honestly. Been awhile since ive honestly been able to stay kept into a story without skipping through dialogue. Outside Doomsday Clock at least.
    Im also hoping Drowned Earth isnt ignored hate or love the story it had some pretty big implications that need to be addressed. Like The Life Force and Arthur's connection to it and more stuff om the Alien water dieties

Im still upset the Thule stuff has never been mentioned again after Rebirth. Cause it's pretty big that theyre are several Atlanteans somewhere on Earth possibly.that think of Arthur as their king.

Today’s issue was nice. I really enjoyed having Diana be the one to visit Arthur. The way writers have been strengthening their relationship the last few years has been a joy to see.

Mera’s husband choice was actually kind of...perfect? Definitely didn’t see that coming and it could have for some super fun implications. KSD has really been shaking the table on this run and even though I could do without that tats this was good. Can’t wait to get more of the Arthur/Jackson dynamic!

Mighty Member

Yeah, I think I'm kind of loving this run. This issue just sealed the deal. It just feels like a old sea legend. There's something enchanting about it. And I'm also enjoying the humor, Arthur's voice, and the Jane Austin-esque angst of Arthur and Mera.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

I really dug the art. I jumped back on and see a lot of Lovecraft coming so I'm like ... oh right, shouldn't have slept on this. But it just wasn't hooking me. The Sea Gods bit kind of just reminded me of Aquaman runs I didn't really like that much, like The Thirst. I mean I like the 80s Volume with the undersea fairy-folk of Tier-na-nog but more as an Aquaman artifact than as a great Aquaman storyline.

But yeah, Mera was good here. Art was great. Arthur feels good. Manta. How many times is Aqualad going to "meet" Aquaman?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Art is gorgeous. Bogdanovic rocks.

I loved the panels of the lighthouse being erected. Beautiful.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-19-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Loved issue 50! Art was great, I really think KSD has a good handle on the cast’s voice, and I’m so psyched that Kaldur is finally meeting with Arthur.

Didn't really do much except I guess KSD wanting to flex her Wonder Woman writing skills. I'm really bored out of my mind with the whole marriage.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 08-23-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Glad I gave KSD benefit of the doubt, the book has been great! Her recent interview on Word Balloon was very interesting. She admits she wants them married and can't have it (yet they gave her the pregnancy which she notes is odd) and that editorial wanted a love triangle and Arthur more on land.

So it seems like a lot of what fans want, she does too, and is going to work on letting editorial allow her to.

Enjoying the run so far. Hoping the art stays this amazing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Glad I gave KSD benefit of the doubt, the book has been great! Her recent interview on Word Balloon was very interesting. She admits she wants them married and can't have it (yet they gave her the pregnancy which she notes is odd) and that editorial wanted a love triangle and Arthur more on land.

So it seems like a lot of what fans want, she does too, and is going to work on letting editorial allow her to.

Enjoying the run so far. Hoping the art stays this amazing as well.
    That's weird, I guess they find it easier to have Black Manta kill aquababy than it is to divorce Arthur and Mera. HA!