Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I’d rather get an Aquafamily book over Mera book tbh. Yeah Mera is more popular then any single member of the Aquafamily outside Aquaman. But the family gives people the opportunity to pick a character they like and a chance to follow their favorite from the cast.

Something like the Inhuman or X-Men books.

Difference is you have The Others, Atlantis, Amnesty Bay cast, Aquaman family.

Mera typically costars in the main title honestly
    I think we could maybe get an "Atlantis" book that is Garth, Tula, Dolphin etc.

Aquaman would have Arthur and Mera together.

No reaction to the Annual 2 ? I really loved it, KSD is doing wonders with Aquaman and his corner of the DCU !

Yeah, I’m loving KSD’s run. My only qualm with her has been her action scenes. She’s really excelling in the personal moments and character beats but her action scenes fall a bit flat. They either feel extremely quick or it’s a page with 1 panel of the actual hit against four panels of talking or people in the background.

I also love how she’s dealing with the micro aggressions of the people of Amnesty Bay towards all the new heroes of color and how Arthur is maneuvering through it.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 12-03-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Agreed on the annual. KSD's run continues to be a solid one. Baring a few issues by Cullen Bunn during the DCYou era, Aquaman's been in great hands since the New 52. My only regret is that Jeff Parker's take on Atlanna seems to be forgotten. She was amazing!

Yeah, I would love to see more of Atlanna

I haven't been especially enjoying the main title for some time but really had fun with the Annual. Great balance of humor, suspense and super-heroics.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Anybody give the 100 pager a spin? The opening story by Steve Orlando was pretty solid, just wish it had some more room to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Anybody give the 100 pager a spin? The opening story by Steve Orlando was pretty solid, just wish it had some more room to breathe.
    Happy to see Aquaman got one .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Agreed on the annual. KSD's run continues to be a solid one. Baring a few issues by Cullen Bunn during the DCYou era, Aquaman's been in great hands since the New 52. My only regret is that Jeff Parker's take on Atlanna seems to be forgotten. She was amazing!
    I was pretty darned stoked when that version of her made its way into the film, though!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Jumping into Rebirth (3 years late, I know), but I wonder everyone’s thoughts on this era for the book? I just picked up the first 40 issues, KSD’s first storyline, with Drowned Earth soon to be bought.

Mighty Member

I really like how KSD’s Aquaman is very light on action. That’s something I probably would not have appreciated in my younger years.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Jumping into Rebirth (3 years late, I know), but I wonder everyone’s thoughts on this era for the book? I just picked up the first 40 issues, KSD’s first storyline, with Drowned Earth soon to be bought.
    You're in for such a treat! Just, uh, gloss over Drowned Earth...it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Welcome (back?)! It's been a great ride on the Aquaman book since New 52 (sans Bunn) and Rebirth hasn't dulled that. I will say the end of Abnett's run dragged a bit, but I imagine it reads a lot better in one sitting. I'm eager to see what some fresh eyes on the run show.

Dan Watter's OCEAN MASTER one shot was a perfect book. That's exactly what I want from comics, and Aquaman comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Dan Watter's OCEAN MASTER one shot was a perfect book. That's exactly what I want from comics, and Aquaman comics.
    Dammit, I'll have to check it out on your recommendation. I was on the fence about it and opted out like a chump. Should have known.