Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marinecurrys View Post
    To anyone who isn't enjoying the current run, If you haven't already I totally recommend going back and reading the older stuff while waiting for this run to end. Some people often disregard the old golden age and silver age material for being too old and dated but I highly recommend them. While they may not be for everyone due to being a little dated and wordy, they are still worth reading in my opinion, lots of fun tongue and cheek stories to keep you occupied. Those stories are were I got my love for Aquaman and his extended family.
    Some great pictures here :
    Attachment 80337Attachment 80340Attachment 80341
    I havent really read the current run yet but I do wanna dip my toes into older runs or stories any recs?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    The characters background history are quite different from todays, which honestly have more depth now. however will give it a try as I am not keen with what we are getting currently.
    You’d be surprised at how much depth writers like David Michelinie and J.M. DeMatteis put into their characters back then.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Tool of the Patriachy marinecurrys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I havent really read the current run yet but I do wanna dip my toes into older runs or stories any recs?
    I just can't bring myself to recommend one over any of the others because in my opinion all of it is worth reading from beginning up to nowadays, but there is a a pretty well done Aquaman chronology in trades you can follow and makes life a hell of a lot easier for newer fans if you wish to take a crack at reading these older stories. You can check this one out it's pretty neat https://www.comicbookherald.com/aquaman-reading-order/, I recommended picking up from the top as in the Aquaman Archives Vol 1 (first silver age appearance and origin,introduction of Aqualad etc....) up until rebirth pretty much, those older runs especially helped get a better understanding for the characters and helped me appreciate the vast history, it also helped me get me away from the geoff johns interpretation and really put it all into perspective.

On a sidenote this just makes angry to see just how poorly DC has treated the character over the years, Aquaman doesn't have nearly as much collected material as his peers and whenever they to decide to reprint some of the older story lines they usually just get cancelled right of the gate. However the collected material we do have is pretty neat though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    You’d be surprised at how much depth writers like David Michelinie and J.M. DeMatteis put into their characters back then.
    Completely agree! People often unjustly dismiss the older stories, I also think they would be quite surprised at just how entertaining they are, obviously not to the liking of everyone but they make a nice reading experience.
    Last edited by marinecurrys; 03-26-2019 at 12:51 AM.
    Sons of the land, Kings of the seas, We are the Aquamen !

glad to see aquaman was able to help the senate...

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...enate-present/

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    glad to see aquaman was able to help the senate...

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...enate-present/
    I can't say whether it would've been more hilarious if they'd used an image of Momoa .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    For what it's worth, the Showcase black and white reprints of the silver age run were what made me fall in love with Aquaman, Mera and their corner of the universe. They're different, but very fun and I enjoy the silver age of Aquaman immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, the Showcase black and white reprints of the silver age run were what made me fall in love with Aquaman, Mera and their corner of the universe. They're different, but very fun and I enjoy the silver age of Aquaman immensely.
    Agreed ! Now Imagine reading those golden age and silver stories as initially intended with color..."Suffering sardines Aquaman !"(drools)...so much money sitting in DC's lap that they just don't want I guess. I really wish they hadn't cancelled the Aquaman archives books oh well they're history now...like dust in the wind. Also don't forget about Aqualad, Tula...etc ! They are just as important to Aquaman's mythos as Mera imo, personally I have always envisionned Garth to be Aquaman's legacy which saddens me when I see that nobody's ever tried doing anything substantial with Garth (except for the highly esteemed Peter David of course ! Tempest was freaking awesome idea). So much great (and bad or rather silly) stuff from the golden/silver age that most of the recent writers have failed and or aren't interested in capitalizing on which frustrates me to no end, so much wasted potential...I guess nobody at DC likes Aquaman enough to care.
    And for the love of Poseidon, someone please tell Geoff Johns to write "Rise of the seven seas" already ! We need it now more than ever before.
    Last edited by marinecurrys; 03-29-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marinecurrys View Post
    Agreed ! Now Imagine reading those golden age and silver stories as initially intended with color..."Suffering sardines Aquaman !"(drools)...so much money sitting in DC's lap that they just don't want I guess. I really wish they hadn't cancelled the Aquaman archives books oh well they're history now...like dust in the wind. Also don't forget about Aqualad, Tula...etc ! They are just as important to Aquaman's mythos as Mera imo, personally I have always envisionned Garth to be Aquaman's legacy which saddens me when I see that nobody's ever tried doing anything substantial with Garth (except for the highly esteemed Peter David of course ! Tempest was freaking awesome idea). So much great (and bad or rather silly) stuff from the golden/silver age that most of the recent writers have failed and or aren't interested in capitalizing on which frustrates me to no end, so much wasted potential...I guess nobody at DC likes Aquaman enough to care.
    And for the love of Poseidon, someone please tell Geoff Johns to write "Rise of the seven seas" already ! We need it now more than ever before.
    I'm dying for DC to reprint that stuff in full color, holy crap. So much terrific material just itching to be loved.

I also second Johns coming back for his Rise of the Seven Seas!

Aquaman Producer Peter Safran Shares First Details About the Sequel

Of course, there aren't any actual real details about things he's hoping for and that they're in talks but it's good to see that the team is so excited for the sequel. We're sure to see Manta again but I'm hoping they bring N.E.M.O. and Scavenger out to play as well.

Also, I would LOVE to see N.E.M.O. make a re-appearance back in the books. Of all of the rogues Abnett introduced they were one of my faves.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm a simple man. I want them to bait the hook hand and then not have it, because it's just silly and trying too hard.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Aquaman is finally able to be bought and streamed on Amazon Prime.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Okay, folks, listen up.

This is an Appreciation Thread, which means it's where people post good and positive things about a character.

Enough with slamming the current run, creators and depiction of Aquaman. If you want to debate/discuss a particular issue or run, please take it to a different thread.

This thread is for posting all of the things you *like* about Aquaman
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Okay, folks, listen up.

This is an Appreciation Thread, which means it's where people post good and positive things about a character.

Enough with slamming the current run, creators and depiction of Aquaman. If you want to debate/discuss a particular issue or run, please take it to a different thread.

This thread is for posting all of the things you *like* about Aquaman
    Guilty has charge ! We've all been focusing on what we liked ( mostly what we hated though ) about current Aquaman runs but I would like to know what would everybody want to see in the future ? I would personally like for some more world building of Atlantis, fleshing out what it means to be king/Queen of Atlantis, everyday life in atlantis, vigilantees and villains in Atlantis...also someone mentionned this earlier giving the Aquamen their own book called "Adventure comics" would be great too !
    Last edited by marinecurrys; 04-03-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Aquaman Producer Peter Safran Shares First Details About the Sequel

Of course, there aren't any actual real details about things he's hoping for and that they're in talks but it's good to see that the team is so excited for the sequel. We're sure to see Manta again but I'm hoping they bring N.E.M.O. and Scavenger out to play as well.

Also, I would LOVE to see N.E.M.O. make a re-appearance back in the books. Of all of the rogues Abnett introduced they were one of my faves.
    Yeah, his handling in the first film, the mid-credit scene, and the rumors of The Others tells me we'll definitely have Manta as the main villain of the second movie.

I'm also looking forward to more of Arthur growing as king, Mera as queen, Orm's character development, maybe Aqualad, etc.

spoilers:
    Kinda expecting Tom Curry is going to die though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, his handling in the first film, the mid-credit scene, and the rumors of The Others tells me we'll definitely have Manta as the main villain of the second movie.

I'm also looking forward to more of Arthur growing as king, Mera as queen, Orm's character development, maybe Aqualad, etc.

spoilers:
    Kinda expecting Tom Curry is going to die though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers thing your wish or rumors?