Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

aquaman is one of the most under rated super hero..

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yup. Sign me up for that too, though I'm enjoying the current run thus far. I also saw some Penelope vibes in the Mera subplot so you're not alone, ChrisG... Though given DC's hatred of relationships, who knows how it'll turn out.
    I worry more about the lack of imagination from the current Aquaman writers, than DC hatred of relationships. Aquaman and Mera are marketed by the Dc as the Royal Couple and somehow they have been in a sort of relationship all these years.

As I wrote previously, from what I read about the recent Aquaman issues from other fans,elsewhere. According to one of these fans the Mera subplot it is pretty obvious that they are copying the Penelope plot. Always according to this fan and honestly what he writes makes a lot of sense. They have only a twofold option on how to develop the plot.

One is to recreate the Penelope story with Arthur in the end making a comeback killing the suitors and making their families sworn enemies of his. Such plot would be very obvious and lacking in originality.

The Second option, in attempt not to be so obvious, is that Mera would marry one of the suitors, so the new king would be a legitimate one. Therefore Arthur would lose the right for the throne and the girl. Such a twist in the story would disavow the fiercely independent character of mera we had to date, who would become just a queen consort, ceding all authority over Atlantis and herself to the new king. Arthur would continue his adventures far from the obligations of being a king.

Whatever DC is wasting a golden opportunity generated by the movie for the comics to win new readers.
    Just like WB wasting time and resources with suicide squad 2 and taking four years to make Aquaman 2, instead of putting on a faster track the goose that lays the golden eggs. Aquaman 2 should have been released instead of suicide. squad.

Personally I haven't yet renewed my Aquaman subscription with my comic bookstore, will wait to see How it turns out, Any of the two options I heard about and mentioned above, will be the straw that broke the camels back, speaking for myself. After all its the fans that keep the comics going. DC cannot continue to take fans for granted.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    I worry more about the lack of imagination from the current Aquaman writers, than DC hatred of relationships.
    DC doesn't have any "hatred of relationships." Dan Didio has a hatred of relationships and of anyone being happy in general. He's the guy responsible for all the problems.

Aquaman and Mera are marketed by the Dc as the Royal Couple and somehow they have been in a sort of relationship all these years.

As I wrote previously, from what I read about the recent Aquaman issues from other fans, elsewhere. According to one of these fans the Mera subplot it is pretty obvious that they are copying the Penelope plot. Always according to this fan and honestly what he writes makes a lot of sense. They have only a twofold option on how to develop the plot.

One is to recreate the Penelope story with Arthur in the end making a comeback killing the suitors and making their families sworn enemies of his. Such plot would be very obvious and lacking in originality.
    Couldn't he just tell them all to get lost and give them a pummelling if needed?

The Second option, in attempt not to be so obvious, is that Mera would marry one of the suitors, so the new king would be a legitimate one. Therefore Arthur would lose the right for the throne and the girl. Such a twist in the story would disavow the fiercely independent character of mera we had to date, who would become just a queen consort, ceding all authority over Atlantis and herself to the new king. Arthur would continue his adventures far from the obligations of being a king.

Whatever DC is wasting a golden opportunity generated by the movie for the comics to win new readers.
    Just like WB wasting time and resources with suicide squad 2 and taking four years to make Aquaman 2, instead of putting on a faster track the goose that lays the golden eggs. Aquaman 2 should have been released instead of suicide. squad.

Personally I haven't yet renewed my Aquaman subscription with my comic bookstore, will wait to see How it turns out, Any of the two options I heard about and mentioned above, will be the straw that broke the camels back, speaking for myself. After all its the fans that keep the comics going. DC cannot continue to take fans for granted.
    Agreed completely.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I didn’t catch what it said when I watched it, that’s hilarious. Aquaman’s pros

BANNED

https://youtu.be/JmgwOYZmOAs

This made me pretty happy lol.

But I don't think this fight is close at all. A composite Aquaman has way more versatility on Namor and counters a lot of the stuff they showed Namor doing. Some of their information was wrong but for the most part I was pretty impressed especially with the mention of The Clear.

Makes me wonder when if at all will The Sea of Life stuff Snyder introduced will be used.

Apparently, the Others may be coming in Aquaman 2 : https://www.cbr.com/rumor-aquaman-2-feature-the-others/

I just hope that we'll see them being formed then, because otherwise they'll have to be quite different from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Apparently, the Others may be coming in Aquaman 2 : https://www.cbr.com/rumor-aquaman-2-feature-the-others/

I just hope that we'll see them being formed then, because otherwise they'll have to be quite different from the comics.
    we have anticipated this in the thread on the sequel!

I can see them incorporating the awkwardness when Mera meets Ya'wara .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see them incorporating the awkwardness when Mera meets Ya'wara .
    That would be funny to see. I wonder who they would choose to portray her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I didn’t catch what it said when I watched it, that’s hilarious. Aquaman’s pros
    it was really funny.

and orm a master of xebel-fu? lol.

Spectacular Member

There’s no links or sources that say the Others are going to be in Aquaman 2. The article really just equates to a website’s guess.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    There’s no links or sources that say the Others are going to be in Aquaman 2. The article really just equates to a website’s guess.
    the Aquaverse mentioned for first the Others will be in the sequel, seems that someone involved I don't remember who, just before the release date was announced, published on his page a Ya'Wara pic, something similar had occured with the first movie.

Spectacular Member

the Aquaverse mentioned for first the Others will be in the sequel, seems that someone involved I don't remember who, just before the release date was announced, published on his page a Ya'Wara pic, something similar had occured with the first movie.
    Yeah, I read it said Aquaverse mentioned the others and it also mentioned take this with a grain of salt at that this early of a stage. If there’s not actual links or sources, it’s just a rumor.

mera_dc-comics_gallery_5c4bfe8257c93.jpg

What is your opinion of this statue of Mera?