Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    If this is their way of capitalizing on Aquaman's success, they're failing big time. Its weird how Jason Momoa biggest moment in the movie was him donning his classic costume but in the comics they're moving away from that.
    Yeah, really bizarre. The movie made 1.1 billion....so let's make him the opposite of everything that worked in the film. Doesn't make sense.

I really think they didn't expect the film to do so well, and be so great. They wanted to distance the comics from it.

I don't know if any of you have seen this. $500 is a lot but damn that's great statue.

https://www.secretcompassonline.com/...uaman-Rebirth/

Y'know, honestly I am kind of starting to buy the idea that they bought into DeConnick's pitch because they wanted a soft reboot not knowing that the movie, re-emphasizing the classic elements and the Johns stuff, would go on to be so successful.

Granted, I would think it wouldn't take much to figure that it would be smart to have Aquaman back to standard around the time his movie is re-establishing the standard with him on-film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Aquaman hypermasculine? I guess in his shirtless phases he kind of is (which, ironically enough, DeConnick has brought back basically).
    It was DeConnick's words, not mine. I might have misheard, and the clip is down now so I can't recheck.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I’m waiting out this whole amnesia arc, it just doesn’t interest me at all. I want to jump back on once all this is over, but the writer doesn’t give me much hope. Both times when asked about the fish powers and king of Atlantis thing, she did a lot stumbling and fumbling trying to find a response. Just seemed like she either doesn’t know much about him or hasn’t put a lot of deep thought into him. I could be wrong, but it didn’t give me much confidence that she loves the character and has great ideas for him. I’ll still probably check it out once the story moves forward, but I’m kinda worried about this run. And the tattoo look doesn’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I watched an interview with Kelly Sue DeConnick from ECCC from the Syfy Wire

(It's rather short and I guesstimate it starts 1:15:00 in from the start of the stream.)

Two main takeaways: DeConnick noted that she had this hypermasculine superhero, whose defining superpower ability was to be able to ask for help. (She did note that she thought mind control was gross as a power, so she had reimagined Arthur Curry's speak-to-fish power.)

She saw the role of Aquaman as the king of Atlantis as a somewhat limited, and wanted to move him more towards being a champion of the ocean.
    After over a decade DeConnick managed to make me decide not to renew Aquaman subscription. This interview confirms what I read elsewhere She intends to have Aquaman moved from Atlantis and to separate him from Mera by marrying her to a suitor who would become King of Atlantis.
    From what I read of the current issues of Aquaman the plot is easy to guess......

My only Hope is that she doesn't do too much damage. sales are in decline..... my only fear is that it gets cancelled.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 03-15-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Am I mistaken or do I see the head of a child in between?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    After over a decade DeConnick managed to make me decide not to renew Aquaman subscription. This interview confirms what I read elsewhere She intends to have Aquaman moved from Atlantis and to separate him from Mera by marrying her to a suitor who would become King of Atlantis.
    From what I read of the current issues of Aquaman the plot is easy to guess......

My only Hope is that she doesn't do too much damage. sales are in decline..... my only fear is that it gets cancelled.
    Wait, what about Mera? What exactly was said?

Am I mistaken or do I see the head of a child in between?
    Maybe it some kind of dream sequence. As much as I like the idea of Arthur and Mera starting a family, I kinda want them to be childless for a little longer.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

June Solicitation

AQUAMAN #49
    written by KELLY SUE DeCONNICK
    art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC and JONATHAN GLAPION
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and DANNY MIKI
    variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    The truth about how Aquaman lost his memory is finally revealed! But can Arthur handle the shocking truth? Whom will Queen Mera decide to marry? And how will Arthur escape the jaws of the terrifying Mother Shark? The tides of changes are upon us, and it all leads to next month’s landmark AQUAMAN #50!
    ON SALE 06.19.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

He also looks pretty amazing on the JL cover!

Last edited by Psycwave; 03-15-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    June Solicitation

AQUAMAN #49
    The truth about how Aquaman lost his memory is finally revealed! But can Arthur handle the shocking truth? Whom will Queen Mera decide to marry? And how will Arthur escape the jaws of the terrifying Mother Shark? The tides of changes are upon us, and it all leads to next month’s landmark AQUAMAN #50!
    ON SALE 06.19.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

At least his skeleton gets to wear a shirt .

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    June Solicitation

AQUAMAN #49
    ON SALE 06.19.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

well the guy who elsewhere wrote that Mera will have a penelope similar story was not off the mark, After all It was after evident. Besides Deconnick has confirmed that she wants Aquaman off Atlantis, therefore aquaman and Mera will have to go separate ways. It all comes together.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 03-15-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Maybe it some kind of dream sequence. As much as I like the idea of Arthur and Mera starting a family, I kinda want them to be childless for a little longer.
    Off course its a dream sequence, they will be childless for a long time, to be precise not together at all. I think the boy in the dream is their dead son.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wait, what about Mera? What exactly was said?
    Mera will marry another man, one of the suitors, who would become the new King, so Arthur will be off any duties as King, which Deconnick does not envision him as such. End of Aquaman and Mera story.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 03-15-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Mera will marry another man, one of the suitors, who would become the new King, so Arthur will be off any duties as King, which Deconnick does not envision him as such. End of Aquaman and Mera story.
    You are presenting your own interpretations and thoughts as fact here. I'm not saying you are wrong, but please try to be clear on the difference.

Given the state of solicitation blurbs, I have little trust in them having much relation to what's in the actual issue.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])