Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Off course its a dream sequence, they will be childless for a long time, to be precise not together at all. I think the boy in the dream is their dead son.

Mera will marry another man, one of the suitors, who would become the new King, so Arthur will be off any duties as King, which Deconnick does not envision him as such. End of Aquaman and Mera story.
    I'll reserve judgement until we know more than a solicit, but that's going to be a deal breaker for me if true.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    You are presenting your own interpretations and thoughts as fact here. I'm not saying you are wrong, but please try to be clear on the difference.

Given the state of solicitation blurbs, I have little trust in them having much relation to what's in the actual issue.
    Not my interpretations, this is what someone else predicted two months ago. This guy predicted Mera will have suitors and that she will have to marry. That Arthur was not seen anymore as King of Atlantis by KSD. Further he also wrote that the two will go separate ways and that eventually, the guy Mera will marry becomes a tyrant.
    Till now we know. that Mera is going to have to decide to marry one of the suitors... its is confirmed. That KSD doesn't see Arthur as king is also confirmed.

He also wrote about a possible scenario in which Arthur is asked to return as King by Atlanteans and is faced with a dilemma to dethrone a pregnant Mera and her husband.

As I recall he wrote Its a mixture of the penelope story and the Atlanna story in the movie, in which she enters a marriage she did not want.

If all he wrote will result correct I am not sure about it, hope he is wrong, but to date he seems well on target. Personally If he is correct I am done with Aquaman for a longtime.

Not my interpretations, this is what someone else predicted two months ago. This guy predicted Mera will have suitors and that she will have to marry. That Arthur was not seen anymore as King of Atlantis by KSD. Further he also wrote that the two will go separate ways and that eventually, the guy Mera will marry becomes a tyrant.
    Till now we know. that Mera is going to have to decide to marry one of the suitors... its is confirmed. That KSD doesn't see Arthur as king is also confirmed.

He also wrote about a possible scenario in which Arthur is asked to return as King by Atlanteans and is faced with a dilemma to dethrone a pregnant Mera and her husband.

As I recall he wrote Its a mixture of the penelope story and the Atlanna story in the movie, in which she enters a marriage she did not want.

If all he wrote will result correct I am not sure about it, hope he is wrong, but to date he seems well on target. Personally If he is correct I am done with Aquaman for a longtime.
    For what it's worth, going along with all that seems very out of character for Mera. I don't imagine she'd have to having a king of it can't be the one she wants (Arthur) so that's a big reason I'd be dropping the book of it plays out this way.

Moreover, we just finished with Rath. Enough false king plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, going along with all that seems very out of character for Mera. I don't imagine she'd have to having a king of it can't be the one she wants (Arthur) so that's a big reason I'd be dropping the book of it plays out this way.

Moreover, we just finished with Rath. Enough false king plots.
    Personally I agree with you, but unfortunately the guy who anticipated all this is spot on till now. He gave two options Arthur returning in time to avert the wedding or the other scenario I mentioned before. I did not believe it at first, but now I am fearing it even more, since KSD has confirmed that she doesn't see Arthur as King which limits him.

The new king will not be a false one but a legitimate one, who marries the crowned Queen.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 03-15-2019 at 04:22 PM.

KSD hasn't done squat with Mera, but I dont believe she'll have her marry some random.

The sooner Mera and Arthur are together and start working as a team again the better. The of them compliment one another perfectly.
    Last edited by nj06; 03-15-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The sooner Mera and Arthur are together and start working as a team again the better. The of them compliment one another perfectly.
    wish it was as you say.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This storyline is going to run all the way through to June? Sweet lord almighty.

I dont think KSD would just marry Mera off to someone else, which would be super uncomfortable tbh. Like REAL uncomfortable. The sooner Arthur and Mera are back together and sharing the lead on this book, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This is true for a lot of DC characters, but Arthur and Mera especially. It's long overdue they're back together.

This is true for a lot of DC characters, but Arthur and Mera especially. It's long overdue they're back together.
    I agree 100%. The only other DC super-hero couple that works as well as them is Hawkman and Hawkwoman, but they aren't even together currently in the comics.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If KSD doesnt want Arthur in the role of king, the better solution would be to just have Tula and Mera run things while he moves into more of a protector role.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This storyline is going to run all the way through to June? Sweet lord almighty.

I dont think KSD would just marry Mera off to someone else, which would be super uncomfortable tbh. Like REAL uncomfortable. The sooner Arthur and Mera are back together and sharing the lead on this book, the better.

she doesn't see Arthur as King of Atlantis, it limits him she said. Her words.
    If she doesn't see him in that role, Mera as now Queen of Atlantis is out of the picture, they cant be together. The only way is for her to renounce the throne.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 03-15-2019 at 05:08 PM.

she doesn't see Arthur as King of Atlantis, it limits him she said. Her words.
    If she doesn't see him in that role, Mera as now Queen of Atlantis is out of the picture, they cant be together. The only way is for her to renounce the throne.
    Or she takes him as a consort and champion while declaring she'll only rule on her terms, one where she has Arthur or with no king at all. It's been a long time since Mera let someone push her around and I don't see her starting now.

Solicits lie. This one may be accurate, but at the same time there are other options. I'm not down for them splitting, but again the jury is out on that. Perhaps she agrees it's a lot to take on and wants to support him by taking the throne herself so he can be the hero she knows he is. At least then his own people will stop trying to kill him.

Green Arrow and Black Canary are up there to for couples who kick butt best beside the other.

Or she takes him as a consort and champion while declaring she'll only rule on her terms, one where she has Arthur or with no king at all. It's been a long time since Mera let someone push her around and I don't see her starting now.

Solicits lie. This one may be accurate, but at the same time there are other options. I'm not down for them splitting, but again the jury is out on that. Perhaps she agrees it's a lot to take on and wants to support him by taking the throne herself so he can be the hero she knows he is. At least then his own people will stop trying to kill him.

Green Arrow and Black Canary are up there to for couples who kick butt best beside the other.

They could have given them an heir, in that way she would be the regent while he goes on his adventures.
    Aquaman as a prince consort is a demotion, what king of the seas is he if he can't even be one in his own kingdom?
    His people are hell bent on killing him but a xebelian is Ok as a queen, Orm called her a convict, they see xebelians as such. It makes no sense, unfortunately lately Aquaman is a far cry from Geoff Jones run. No wonder the sales are so low.

Whatever we would like for them, we have no say. Anyhow this deconnick run has confirmed my fears for the character. Till now its a disaster.

Do we know how long is Deconnick suppose to be on the title? The first few issues have been slow for me but I'm still interested in the story. Although as others have stated I'm not keen on Arthur being amnesiac for so long.