Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    From today's issue.

Attachment 80024
    So is this a flashback or is Mera back to her old costume? It doesn't look like Sejic's costume.

Not a flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    can you kindly let those like myself who have no intention to buy the comics, what has been covered today?
    I busy atm so maybe later today. Unless someone else can do it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this a flashback or is Mera back to her old costume? It doesn't look like Sejic's costume.
    not sure but it could be the first batch of suitors!!!

If Mera's back to her old look...uh, thanks movie synergy, maybe ?

possible, but all depends if they want to develop her character in the current run, or else she will be just a minor character if arthur is taken away from Atlantis.
    Till now she hasn't been seen a lot.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'll be willing to take Arthur's tattoos if we get a more classic or Reis inspired Mera back. Arthur can always shave and put a shirt on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'll be willing to take Arthur's tattoos if we get a more classic or Reis inspired Mera back. Arthur can always shave and put a shirt on anyway.
    There's always a silver lining .

There's always a silver lining .
    guys it depends, what path they will give them, I sincerely hope we will see a lot of Mera kicking ass together with Arthur.

Man Aquaman has just been blessed artwise since Rebirth. Even the New 52 had pretty great art. I’m not really a fan of how much KSD relies on amnesia but unlike Ric Grayson I feel like this isn’t going to last forever. Arthur and Mera are sure to reunite.

I was on the opposition at first, with good reason, but now I’m starting to think the writer might actually give a damn and reunite Arthur and Mera and cut the amnesia soon (at issue #50?).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man Aquaman has just been blessed artwise since Rebirth. Even the New 52 had pretty great art. I’m not really a fan of how much KSD relies on amnesia but unlike Ric Grayson I feel like this isn’t going to last forever. Arthur and Mera are sure to reunite.
    can you fill us in pls some more details

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I was on the opposition at first, with good reason, but now I’m starting to think the writer might actually give a damn and reunite Arthur and Mera and cut the amnesia soon (at issue #50?).
    By issue 50 all pending issues will be solved one way or another. Hope you are right about Arthur and Mera. At least not reunited but no arranged weddings.
    Last edited by ChrisG; 03-20-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Since I know Mera's subplot is a big point of contention, I'll post what the basics of it are. spoilers:
    Namma gets a significant power boost and Arthur gives chase, but she's immensely strong and Arthur uses his ocean call to ask for help. It's so strong it's heard across the ocean and on the land, even in Atlantis, which is where we see Mera. She's shocked for a moment, and with a tear whispers "he lives." So unless she's already married, she knows Arthur is alive and that will probably be enough for her to stall indefinitely. We'll see.
    end of spoilers

Somehow, Rocha's art is getting better with each issue. As long as he's drawing the book, I'm down with the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Since I know Mera's subplot is a big point of contention, I'll post what the basics of it are. spoilers:
    Namma gets a significant power boost and Arthur gives chase, but she's immensely strong and Arthur uses his ocean call to ask for help. It's so strong it's heard across the ocean and on the land, even in Atlantis, which is where we see Mera. She's shocked for a moment, and with a tear whispers "he lives." So unless she's already married, she knows Arthur is alive and that will probably be enough for her to stall indefinitely. We'll see.
    end of spoilers

Somehow, Rocha's art is getting better with each issue. As long as he's drawing the book, I'm down with the beard.
    Well I am willing to give KSD some thrust, Still the fact that the subplot has been created leaves me perplexed and not quite convinced if there are other motives behind it. Maybe she is trying to find a path to repair the damage done to Mera's character by Abnett. Hope KSD is using the penelope vibes in this regard. She has not been the Mera we know for some time. Lets be honest Mera's mini series was not that successful. Mainly because Mera without Arthur and viceversa, is like Christmas without presents.

From what I read around most fans long for some Aquaman and Mera action, they don't want them to tie the knot now, but want the adventures they shared together. That's what made them great. Separating them will not be taken well and will lead to drastic drop in sales. So lets hope they know this, after all thats what matters most to them.

As for the beard and tattoos not my cup of tea. Momoa's Aquaman and the comic version must be kept distinct from each other. A beard and some tattoos are not enough to attract new readers.

Tool of the Patriachy marinecurrys's Avatar

Don't mind me I was just trying troll with that post, I actually hate Deconnick. However having finally read issues 43 through 46, all I can say is that I didn't care for Namma's and the old gods hijinks, but the art alone is worth the price of admission even though I hate bearded look. You should read this one it's pretty decent, it looks like it's finally picking up and fast, they also hinted at a possible Arthur-Mera reunion.
    Ps: While we're on the subject of sea gods why is Poseidon's "death" still a thing ? God I hated Drowned earth ! I mean if any god should be a permanent part of Aquaman's mythos it's Poseidon so why kill him off ? I always wanted to read a story with Poseidon championing Aquaman considering Arthur is the owner of his trident, with both of them getting to know each other better over some imminent threat .
    Last edited by marinecurrys; 03-21-2019 at 01:49 AM.