Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm not so sure.

Arthur, in the film, cares a lot about life. When we first meet him he has a gruff macho exterior because he's a man who has rejected the call of the hero. He feels directionless and it frustrates him.

That changes when he meets Mera and when he hears the needs of others and rises to meet the challenge.

I think he'll grow into a good leader. He has Mera and Vulko, he even has Orm to compare himself to. I think he has all the potential to be a great man and doesnt need anyone to rule for him.
    not rule, but advise him. He can't know the dynamics and workings of Atlantis despite all his potential.
    Even if, in the movie I expect Mera to be the power behind the throne. She was after all the one who dragged him out of the wilderness. Much depends on what storyline they will give the sequel.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Has anyone read the Adventure Comics run, by DeMatteis? Is it any good?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Has anyone read the Adventure Comics run, by DeMatteis? Is it any good?
    that's early 80's I think, before I started reading Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    that's early 80's I think, before I started reading Aquaman
    Yes. Early 80’s Pre-Crisis DC is my current comic obsession.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Yes. Early 80’s Pre-Crisis DC is my current comic obsession.
    haven't read much on those years, but you gave me good idea as alternative to the current mess.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    haven't read much on those years, but you gave me good idea as alternative to the current mess.
    I’m not gonna lie. It’s so good. I kinda hate that we had to have the Crisis, and lost the multiverse because of it. There were so many great runs going on them.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I’m not gonna lie. It’s so good. I kinda hate that we had to have the Crisis, and lost the multiverse because of it. There were so many great runs going on them.
    The characters background history are quite different from todays, which honestly have more depth now. however will give it a try as I am not keen with what we are getting currently.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

OK, I don't like to tear strips off any creator, but I cannot express in words how GODDAMN awful this book has become.
    This storyline has taken everything that was great about this book and taken a steaming piss all over it.
    Any goodwill that was there is now well and truly GONE.
    I think it's been a massive misstep and I'd be interested in hearing if I'm alone in this.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    OK, I don't like to tear strips off any creator, but I cannot express in words how GODDAMN awful this book has become.
    This storyline has taken everything that was great about this book and taken a steaming piss all over it.
    Any goodwill that was there is now well and truly GONE.
    I think it's been a massive misstep and I'd be interested in hearing if I'm alone in this.
    not alone, seems that its neither you and me, the sales are dropping, Compared to abnett's run Deconnick has lost some 6/8k readers already. Whilst digital sales, yesterday on the february sales thread I posted a link, in which Aquaman risks being cancelled if it continues to lose readers.
    If they marry Mera off then I believe that the sales will plummet even further down leading to cancellation.
    Aquaman is much about Arthur as about Mera, and this is not about romance thing, since Mera has disappeared from the book, maybe a coincidence, sales have dropped month after month.

Tool of the Patriachy marinecurrys's Avatar

Different strokes for different folks, just let these new readers KSD enjoy themselves while it lasts, that is until cancellation. Vote with your wallets, we'll see who wins, it'll sort itself out eventually like it always does.
    Last edited by marinecurrys; 03-25-2019 at 12:01 PM.

It's been rubbish since Abnett left. I cannot understand how DC could allowed the current writer to get it so wrong, and after a successful film too. I'm dropping the title and will return after the inevitable cancellation and new series - as long as Deconnick is no longer writing it.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    It's been rubbish since Abnett left. I cannot understand how DC could allowed the current writer to get it so wrong, and after a successful film too. I'm dropping the title and will return after the inevitable cancellation and new series - as long as Deconnick is no longer writing it.
    spread the word by the means you have, through social media, others are doing it
    Last edited by ChrisG; 03-25-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Tool of the Patriachy marinecurrys's Avatar

To anyone who isn't enjoying the current run, If you haven't already I totally recommend going back and reading the older stuff while waiting for this run to end. Some people often disregard the old golden age and silver age material for being too old and dated but I highly recommend them. While they may not be for everyone due to being a little dated and wordy, they are still worth reading in my opinion, lots of fun tongue and cheek stories to keep you occupied. Those stories are were I got my love for Aquaman and his extended family.
    Some great pictures here :
    am+al.jpgam+al+ag.jpgplano-critico-aquababy-nascimento-aquaman-23-plano-critico.jpg
    Sons of the land, Kings of the seas, We are the Aquamen !

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

DC can't leave well enough alone when it comes to Aquaman.

*They had a good thing going with PAD, until he got replaced by Larsen.
    *They had a good thing going with Jurgens, but Larsen's damage was done so Jurgens was canceled and we got Veitch.
    *They had a good thing going with Arcudi, until he got replaced by Busiek, which started out ok but tanked with Tad Williams.
    *They had a good thing going with Abnett, until... well, now.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    DC can't leave well enough alone when it comes to Aquaman.

*They had a good thing going with PAD, until he got replaced by Larsen.
    *They had a good thing going with Jurgens, but Larsen's damage was done so Jurgens was canceled and we got Veitch.
    *They had a good thing going with Arcudi, until he got replaced by Busiek, which started out ok but tanked with Tad Williams.
    *They had a good thing going with Abnett, until... well, now.
    Well to be fair I think Abnett was coming up on the end of his run anyways. He started writing back at the end of the New 52 and then got to write Aquaman all the way up to now. He got a pretty great run length all things considered.

Also would mind telling me what they hate about this run? Right now I still expect Arthur and Mera to get back together, and Rocha’s art makes the book really enjoyable to me. I get that amnesia is a really worn out trope though, especially for KSD.