Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Tell that to the non-existent JSA.

I really want an Elseworld focusing on the entirety of the DCU fighting Nazis in WWII.
    That would be awesome.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

My first Aquaman monthly; the short-lived, but (mostly) excellent 1991-1992 series.

It's a common practice now, but this might be one of the very first times a publisher canceled a book not because of sales, but rather to relaunch with a big-name creator (?). DC advertised PAD's incoming Time & Tide as an "Aquaman: Year One" of sorts. It got lots of fanfare at first, but then lost some steam when it was delayed nearly a year from the final issue of this series (#13).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

My first Aquaman monthly; the short-lived, but (mostly) excellent 1991-1992 series.

It's a common practice now, but this might be one of the very first times a publisher canceled a book not because of sales, but rather to relaunch with a big-name creator (?). DC advertised PAD's incoming Time & Tide as an "Aquaman: Year One" of sorts. It got lots of fanfare at first, but then lost some steam when it was delayed nearly a year from the final issue of this series (#13).
    This is an underrated little run.

Loved the issue with Scavenger, and how Aquaman got him out of jail and helped him find a job and get back on his feet.

It was a lot stronger than the PAD stuff that followed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It was a lot stronger than the PAD stuff that followed.
    I strongly disagree. I’d put McLauhlin’s run somewhere between okay and good. Arthur’s abilities were really downplayed. A Avery unimpressive Aquaman. I remember an issue where he was struggling to take down the kgbeast protege and Batman having to bail him out during their initial confrontation.

Pad made Aquaman a force to be reckoned. Brought Aqualad to the forefront. Whether it be the animated Justice League, the post new 52 Aqua authors, or his movie, all still borrow from Pads Aquaman and pay tribute to his run.

Can I just say how wonderful it is to see Arthur slaying at the Box Office. Nicely done

I also think its great that Aquaman is doing so well. I really hope that DC channels this positive energy and properly supports the Aquaman franchise going forward. I also want more interaction between the Aqua-family. Garth and Kal need to be teaming up with Aquaman, Mera, Tula, and Dolphin. Lorena needs to make a comeback as well.

On another note, Aquaman has some of the best fan-art IMO:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

How do you all feel about the movie version of Ocean Master? Overall I think Patrick Wilson did well with his portrayal. I also think the character had charisma and I liked him as a villain.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Congratulations Aquaman for your movie... More $1 billion.

Maybe you will overcome the DARK KNIGHT..

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How do you all feel about the movie version of Ocean Master? Overall I think Patrick Wilson did well with his portrayal. I also think the character had charisma and I liked him as a villain.

Same opinion here.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-15-2019 at 01:54 PM.

He certainly looks awesome .

Patrick Wilson is always great.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

He was brilliant casting

BANNED

I loved the film and Ocean Master was good. Eveyone was amazing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ocean Master was perfect.

Aquaman and Namor will clash in the premiere of the sixth season of Death Battle.

I've been reading the Rebirth trades and have caught up on a few vintage New 52 ones also. I LOVE what Rebirth is doing with him. EPIC stuff. Really digging it. Such a beautiful world has been created that you can just get lost in.

And I was really pleased with the movie too! Certainly wiped the ashen taste of Justice League out of my mouth...
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label