Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Issue was decent.
    I enjoy the lore and horror aspects KSD is building aroung Namma and these people. I wonder what's up with Mera and the way she's speaking?

Just saw the solicits and it looks like this Namma arc wraps up in April. I wonder if Arthur is going straight back to Atlantis or if KSD will keep him away. Of course, if she even stays on the book past this arc. All the interviews gave me feel like she was kind of giving the book a test run.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Issue was decent.
    I enjoy the lore and horror aspects KSD is building aroung Namma and these people. I wonder what's up with Mera and the way she's speaking?

Just saw the solicits and it looks like this Namma arc wraps up in April. I wonder if Arthur is going straight back to Atlantis or if KSD will keep him away. Of course, if she even stays on the book past this arc. All the interviews gave me feel like she was kind of giving the book a test run.
    Mera spoke like kings and queens used to. It was a way to distinguish themselves for the rest and indicate that you weren't just speak to the man wearing the crown but the King/Queen too.

I really liked how the ancient Gods of the seas have fallen but also retained enough pride to recall their past titles like that.

I've a really good feeling for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Mera spoke like kings and queens used to. It was a way to distinguish themselves for the rest and indicate that you weren't just speak to the man wearing the crown but the King/Queen too.
    I wonder if she'll go really old-school, and start a weaving while telling everyone that she will remarry when the weaving is finished. Meanwhile, she picks it apart every night.

Issue was decent.

I'm just hoping he puts a shirt back on once this arc is finally over .

Yeah, I miss the orange shirt.

I'm not feeling this new arc. It's very slow and very talky, and I'm not convinced it's going anywhere worthwhile. I'm willing to be proven wrong, and I"m certainly sticking with the book. But it's not much to write home about so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just hoping he puts a shirt back on once this arc is finally over .
    Arthur's taking a hint from Steve Trevor?

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Yeah, I miss the orange shirt.

I'm not feeling this new arc. It's very slow and very talky, and I'm not convinced it's going anywhere worthwhile. I'm willing to be proven wrong, and I"m certainly sticking with the book. But it's not much to write home about so far.
    Honestly, after the last events of Aquaman and JL, which were incredibly epic, I really dig the calmer, more subdued story we're having right now.

Plus, it was clearly a prologue which has come to an end, by now. Next issue should have Arthur back on track.

Super pumped today! I got my copy of "The Art and Making of Aquaman" today and it's a huge book with lots of great concept art and tidbits about the movie. Going to dig into it this week and see if I can find any fun facts to share about the movie. Just giving it a quick skim through there are tons of cool images and the concept art is phenomenal.

Wow! These look really great, especially the initial drawing for Atlanta's suit! Can't wait to get my copy next week!

The two issues of the new arc have been very poor indeed. I'm not sure how much longer I will stick with it.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, after the last events of Aquaman and JL, which were incredibly epic, I really dig the calmer, more subdued story we're having right now.

Plus, it was clearly a prologue which has come to an end, by now. Next issue should have Arthur back on track.
    Agreed. I'm really digging this slow burn. It doesn't feel like it's dragging the way the Rath storyline did either. All the talk is focused on unpacking this lore and the mystery surrounding this island. I can't wait to finally meet Namma.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    The two issues of the new arc have been very poor indeed. I'm not sure how much longer I will stick with it.
    Yeah I'm really not feeling it at all. Hopefully when this arc ends we can get back to Atlantis.

The film just made 1 billion worldwide, why the need to change Aquaman entirely in the books? The film is really close to the Johns/Parker/Abnett stuff.

Agreed. I'm really digging this slow burn. It doesn't feel like it's dragging the way the Rath storyline did either. All the talk is focused on unpacking this lore and the mystery surrounding this island. I can't wait to finally meet Namma.
    I dont think that's a fair comparison. It only dragged towards the end. The pacing was good until we got to Rath's origin. DeConnick's run on the other hand so far has been too slow and we're only two issues in.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Did you read the Rath story monthly? If you read it all at once, it's much stronger. It's not very slow moving at all. The frustrating thing about it is that we never get any down time afterwards to explore the new status quo. We just go straight to that awful Suicide Squad crossover 'Sink Atlantis' and then immediately into 'Drowned Earth', which tonally, doesn't fit and takes a hatchet to all the world building done from Rebirth onwards.

The Rath stuff is a bit too fantasy (I prefer more sci-fi Atlantis) but I still liked it. The current arc is too freshman to really aggregate a fair opinion on, but so far it's rocky IMO.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-27-2019 at 12:38 PM.

The new arc is ok so far. I could definitely use a little more action, but I don't mind the slow build-up. I also like the inclusion of the various ocean deities.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

If it wasn't for the art I would not have picked up KSD's debut and I definitely would not have continued on after #43 even if I did.

I like the premise, the characters, the lore, etc, but nothing is happening. This is one of those things that would have worked better in flashbacks while spreading out whatever conflict over multiple issues.