Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I loved Atlanna in the movie so much, I'd watch or read a prequel about her story before she met Thomas Curry.

Like the show Krypton about Superman's planet and family before it exploded, but now about Atlanna as a young woman. I think there is potential for a great story. I think prophecies could work to foreshadow Arthur and Thomas Curry. Actually, Atlanna mentioned something like that when she was talking to baby Arthur in the movie about a future king who would rule like Atlan did.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 01-29-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I dont think that's a fair comparison. It only dragged towards the end. The pacing was good until we got to Rath's origin. DeConnick's run on the other hand so far has been too slow and we're only two issues in.
    These two issues have been better than the entirety of the Rath storyline, imo. I love the build-up of lore, tension felt and the mystery around Namma.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Did you read the Rath story monthly? If you read it all at once, it's much stronger. It's not very slow moving at all. The frustrating thing about it is that we never get any down time afterwards to explore the new status quo. We just go straight to that awful Suicide Squad crossover 'Sink Atlantis' and then immediately into 'Drowned Earth', which tonally, doesn't fit and takes a hatchet to all the world building done from Rebirth onwards.

The Rath stuff is a bit too fantasy (I prefer more sci-fi Atlantis) but I still liked it. The current arc is too freshman to really aggregate a fair opinion on, but so far it's rocky IMO.
    Rath monthly was a chore but I went back read it all in one sitting one day. Wasn't nearly as bad but still felt like it went on for too long with my main criticism also being that we didn't explore too much. Every issue was pretty much the same thing happening and the same conversations over and over again before the final big battle. I rather enjoyed the fantasy elements and the art was fantastic but it could've been cut down by like three issues for something else.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just hoping he puts a shirt back on once this arc is finally over .
    Not sure that's going to happen. I remember KSD being really into the swagger of the Mamoa Aquaman and the way Callie is going on about him and his masculinity, I think he's going to be a bit more rugged for a while. I miss clean-shaven, orange shirt Arthur too, but KSD's run has hit twice in two issues, so it won't be a dealbreaker if he stays on the skins team in JLA pick-up games.

Greetings Aquafans! Question, how do you guys feel about Kaldur'ahm taking over the role of Aquaman in Young Justice? How would you feel if DC did an Elseworld and/or did a short run with him as Aquaman down the road in the comics? I'm thinking not something permanent if they touch on it on Earth-0, maybe something similar to how Mera takes over for Arthur every once in a while. Would you read it?

I recognize this could be courting controversy, so let me clarify: this is not a pitch or suggestion to replace anyone. I just like the idea of Kaldur Aquaman thus far in the show and wanted to inquire.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Greetings Aquafans! Question, how do you guys feel about Kaldur'ahm taking over the role of Aquaman in Young Justice? How would you feel if DC did an Elseworld and/or did a short run with him as Aquaman down the road in the comics? I'm thinking not something permanent if they touch on it on Earth-0, maybe something similar to how Mera takes over for Arthur every once in a while. Would you read it?

I recognize this could be courting controversy, so let me clarify: this is not a pitch or suggestion to replace anyone. I just like the idea of Kaldur Aquaman thus far in the show and wanted to inquire.
    Haven't watched that season yet, and though I don't want to lose Arthur, I'm all for an Elseworlds where Aqualad fulfills the sidekick promise. But in-continuity, especially given the current editorial department at DC, having him step in as the title hero is a sure-fire way to get him shot in the head and/or murdered.

FEB190475_500.jpg

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...leton-variant/

I think that for all the fuss that Joshua Middleton's variant covers for Batgirl have generated his Aquaman run has been just a good. I refer to you Exhibit A...

Quote Originally Posted by allforgeeks View Post
    FEB190475_500.jpg

I think that for all the fuss that Joshua Middleton's variant covers for Batgirl have generated his Aquaman run has been just a good. I refer to you Exhibit A...
    Nice find. Aquaman has some of the best art out there.

And again I'm happy that the movie has been so successful. I hope DC can follow up with an even better sequel.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I think for a series focused on legacy, teen heroes growing up, and a DC Universe that can actually change and progress, it's a sensible plot development and a good bump for Kaldur.

It's also not too surprising because Kaldur always came off a little more effective then OG!Aquaman did on that show whenever they were shown together.

I don't think it could ever really work in the comics though, outside of out-of-continuity stuff. Aquaman and Aqualad haven't even met each other yet.
    FEB190475_500.jpg

So. Much. Shirtless. Aquaman .

So. Much. Shirtless. Aquaman .
    I'm always here for that.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

FEB190475_500.jpg

I would argue his Aquaman covers have been there best work he's put forward since Rebirth. They cause me to double dip so damn often.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I would argue his Aquaman covers have been there best work he's put forward since Rebirth. They cause me to double dip so damn often.
    I've been buying just the variants for ages.
    He's doing a stellar job every month.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

spoilers:
    Arthur wins
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

spoilers:
    Arthur wins
    end of spoilers
    Not the first time .

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Not the first time .
    I liked his victory in DC versus Marvel over Namor.
    THAT was funny.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.