Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I don't know enough about the Shark themed characters but, yes, Siren is the one who raped/seduced Aquaman. I really think Bunn should have put a little more thought into that scene. Especially in regards to how it would come across to us fans. I wouldn't be surprised if a writer decides to pick up that plot point and reveal that Aquaman and Siren have a secret child together.
    I think Bendis would actually do this.

I guess we'll have to wait until June and see if his memory has been restored. Ugh

52024018_2024728497648612_8046574946488418304_n.jpg

I'm ready for Aquaman to put a shirt back on .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I guess we'll have to wait until June and see if his memory has been restored. Ugh

52024018_2024728497648612_8046574946488418304_n.jpg
    I'm looking forward to this storyline being over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm ready for Aquaman to put a shirt back on .
    And a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seven villains...Okay:

1. Black Manta

2. Ocean Master

3. Siren

4. The Trench

5. Dead Water

6. Scavenger

7. Chimera
    Ooooh I really like this list. Depending on how this current arc turns out i miiiiigjt replace Siren with Namma but that’s just cause id Actually like Siren to start branching out as a bigger villain to the DCU.

I am really not enjoying the current storyline at all. It's very slow, and honestly not all that interesting. And as others have said, I'd like to see Aquaman get his shirt back, cut his hair, and get back to some more familiar surroundings. This island is a bust so far. The art is good though, I'll give them that.

hi, anyone seen this movie? Kull the Conqueror.

I think the movie was based on a comicbook character, not sure, though, but in the movie and this trailer, he says (Kevin Sorbo) that he is from Atlantis. Anyone knows why?

Man, this storyline is dragging.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I am really not enjoying the current storyline at all. It's very slow, and honestly not all that interesting. And as others have said, I'd like to see Aquaman get his shirt back, cut his hair, and get back to some more familiar surroundings. This island is a bust so far. The art is good though, I'll give them that.
    I like it. The latest issue felt downright Pérezian, and I mean that in the best way. It called back to the old Norse and Greek creation myths, but with an Aquaman twist on it. And the reveal was very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    hi, anyone seen this movie? Kull the Conqueror.

I think the movie was based on a comicbook character, not sure, though, but in the movie and this trailer, he says (Kevin Sorbo) that he is from Atlantis. Anyone knows why?
    Kull the Conqueror is a pulp magazine character created by Robert E Howard. Who yes, is from Atlantis. (Kull that is, not Howard. Howard was from Texas.) I think Marvel did some comics based on the character. The first Conan story was a rewrite and reuse of a rejected Kull story.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

The current storyline is ok to me. I do think the first two issues had a lot of talk, but I'm ok with that since it is still the beginning of this story. However, I would like it to pick up the pace and start incorporating more action. I think what we have seen so far has been interesting but that being said I would like more combat/action scenes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Kull the Conqueror is a pulp magazine character created by Robert E Howard. Who yes, is from Atlantis. (Kull that is, not Howard. Howard was from Texas.) I think Marvel did some comics based on the character. The first Conan story was a rewrite and reuse of a rejected Kull story.
    thanks. I suppose he has nothing to do with the Aquaman mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I like it. The latest issue felt downright Pérezian, and I mean that in the best way. It called back to the old Norse and Greek creation myths, but with an Aquaman twist on it. And the reveal was very effective.
    Yeah, I'm still loving it. The art is phenomenal as well which is a plus. I'm really hoping for a big battle next issue. We've only got two issues left for this arc so i'm interested to see how KSD has "Andy" turn it all around.

Man, I want Abnett back already.

Cecil Castellucci could do a really fun AQUAMAN book, I think.

This current story is...not for me.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-23-2019 at 05:55 PM.