Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That's very nice to hear. That's how good adaptations work, they really need to look at the entire history and pick the best pieces to combine it into something fresh. I'm glad that she's looking at the entire history, and the words "core root" suggests that Marston's Priscilla Rich stories were looked at along with other. Rebirth incorporated a a bit of Priscilla into Barbara Ann and it, IMO, resulted in a much stronger character than the two have been individually. I'm sure Rucka's and Perez's takes were looked at as well.
    We'll have to see, but given what Jenkins managed to do with Steve Trevor and Etta Candy, I think we might get a very interesting and compelling Cheetah, no matter which pieces of the character she chooses to incorporate.

But given that the film is set in 1984, and current Barbara Ann Minerva is an archeologist, I wouldn't be surprised if we get some callbacks to Indiana Jones. I'm more than fine with that.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Now I know some of y'all saw that new CATS trailer. Tell me when you saw Taylor Swift in feline getup:

You didn't immediately start wondering about Kristin Wiig's eventual look in WW84.

Go on. Tell me. Because that was the only reaction I had.

Given that Patty Jenkins is filming in the UK, she might have taken some pointers from Doctor Who.

«Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Now I know some of y'all saw that new CATS trailer. Tell me when you saw Taylor Swift in feline getup:

You didn't immediately start wondering about Kristin Wiig's eventual look in WW84.

I'll admit it, I became concerned.

Amazon has a listing for an upcoming TPB called Wonder Woman Villains: Cheetah, releasing in March 2020.

The greatest appearances of the Cheetah, the archenemy of Wonder Woman, are collected for the first time in Wonder Woman Villains: Cheetah.

DC collects the first apperance of Cheetah and her most exciting tales in a single volume written by top comics writers including Greg Rucka, Geoff Johns and George Pérez. Collects Wonder Woman #6 (1943), #274, #275 (1980), #9 (1987), The Flash #219 (2005), Wonder Woman #214 (2005), Justice League #13-14 (2012), Wonder Woman #23.1 (2013), Wonder Woman #8 (2016) and Who's Who in the DC Universe #4 (1990).

Is this the first one of these? I wonder if they'll do more.

I could see them doing one for Circe, Ares, and Giganta...

Look whose getting a new Lego minifigure!

prissylego.jpg

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

prissylego.jpg

And it's the Priscilla Rich version!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

prissylego.jpg
    The money bag has little green feet!

And Priscilla has toe claws!

prissylego.jpg
    So adorable .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So adorable .
    indeed she is
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

'know what? If she had a facial expression that said "I'm gonna eat you!" this would be great.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well according to the new timeline, both Priscilla Rich and Barbara Minerva are canon.
    Priscilla is the Golden Age Cheetah, Babs is the described as "the new Cheetah."

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Babs is the described as "the new Cheetah."
    I first read this as that Barbara Gordon would be the new Cheetah…

Honestly, Diana has too many legacy villains. All these multiple Cheetahs, Poisons and Swans only muddle her mythos.