Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I spotted a pre-transformation Cheetah in a "Get to Know: Wonder Woman" video for the upcoming DC Super Hero Girls reboot:

At 0.52 you can see a blonde girl in a ponytail and fur coat giving Diana the stink eye. If you squint you can see the name on her test is "Barb," as in Barbara Minerva.
    Good eye! That's definitely Cheetah! Very cute.

Is there a TPB in the new 52 that has the Minerva Cheetah origin in it?

A blond Cheetah wearing a fancy fur coat whose envious of Diana besting her in athletics and in studies.

This is still one of my favorite panels of Barbara Minerva as the Cheetah:

The Cheetah is very primal and also very powerful. She is my favorite Wonder Woman villain. I hope WW84 portrays the character well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This is still one of my favorite panels of Barbara Minerva as the Cheetah:

The Cheetah is very primal and also very powerful. She is my favorite Wonder Woman villain. I hope WW84 portrays the character well.
    I like this panel too... I would love to see it created on the big screen... it would definitely be a powerful moment in the film.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Cheetah's going to play a role in DC's initiative "Year of the Villain"!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Cheetah's going to play a role in DC's initiative "Year of the Villain"!

I'm thrilled to hear this! Any additional details?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Looks like Cheetah is getting a push. I’m happy for her, hope this coming Year of the Villain really gives her a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Cheetah is getting a push. I’m happy for her, hope this coming Year of the Villain really gives her a boost.
    It does seem like she is getting a bit of a push which IMO is long overdue. She really is a great villain and like you I hope Year of the Villain does right by her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

With Bane's part of the promotion being connected to King's Batman, and Bendis's stuff with Leviathan getting a mention, I wonder if Cheetah's portion will be written by Wilson? Maybe it will be part of JL Dark?

BANNED

I wouldn't get my hopes too high. snyder is involved. He had Cheetah getting one shotted by batman in jl. From a blast of a lex luthor's special suit i know, but still bad. She is supposed to be powerful enough to trade blows with Diana, and they had her going down that easily? DC hasn't shown a lot of respect for her villains or WW herself. So i won't expect much from this. At least the cover will probably look great.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes too high. snyder is involved. He had Cheetah getting one shotted by batman in jl. From a blast of a lex luthor's special suit i know, but still bad. She is supposed to be powerful enough to trade blows with Diana, and they had her going down that easily? DC hasn't shown a lot of respect for her villains or WW herself. So i won't expect much from this. At least the cover will probably look great.
    To be fair, Cheetah had taken Diana out right before that happens. Which means Diana was even weaker than Batman in the Lex suit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    To be fair, Cheetah had taken Diana out right before that happens. Which means Diana was even weaker than Batman in the Lex suit.
    Well it would be pretty bad to be Cheetah and WW, and be weaker than that luthor's suit. But DC doesn't respect them so everything is possible. But Cheetah fight with Diana wasn't even a fight. Cheetah attacked her with her claws that had the power of tear of extinction, while Diana was doing something else with her guard wide opened. Yet in the next scan Diana is standing up and looking fine like nothing happened. So it anything, that was a good feat for Diana's healing factor.
    Last edited by starlight25; 02-13-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Unfortunately everyone must job to Batman, that’s simply how it works. But if Cheetah manages to come out looking competent overall I’ll still be content.

BANNED

Unfortunately everyone must job to Batman, that’s simply how it works. But if Cheetah manages to come out looking competent overall I’ll still be content.
    If batman and his verse will be involved. She won't have a big chance of looking competent overall.