Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    If batman and his verse will be involved. She won't have a big chance of looking competent overall.
    It’s a gamble I admit, especially when Scott “There are other DC characters besides Batman?” Snyder is involved, but I’d prefer to be optimistic. At least Cheetah is being treated as an A-Lister since she’s got a spot on the Legion. That’s better than how Wondy villains were treated in Forever Evil, when fricking Batman was on the villain team but no WW Rogues were.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a gamble I admit, especially when Scott “There are other DC characters besides Batman?” Snyder is involved, but I’d prefer to be optimistic. At least Cheetah is being treated as an A-Lister since she’s got a spot on the Legion. That’s better than how Wondy villains were treated in Forever Evil, when fricking Batman was on the villain team but no WW Rogues were.
    Yeah that drove me nuts. Cheetah's introduction story was marketed as a prelude to Trinity War, and that team up with Black Manta and fight with Superwoman never materialized.

Hopefully we don't see history repeat itself. Unlike last time though, at least there is a movie on the horizon, which trumps comics.

Cheetah fights Wonder Woman at the 1:38 mark in this new DC Super Hero Girls trailer:

(You also see Diana fighting Giganta a little).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cheetah fights Wonder Woman at the 1:38 mark in this new DC Super Hero Girls trailer:

(You also see Diana fighting Giganta a little).
    Not Diana having better action moments in a brief appearance of a 2:22 minutes trailer from a kids show, than in her current run and the jl comics. Anyway, it was nice. And i see harley is everywhere. sigh

Has there been any more news/info regarding how Cheetah is going to look in the upcoming WW'84 film?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Not that I know of. I expect DC might do a splash at SDCC in July, but not much before that.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Has there been any more news/info regarding how Cheetah is going to look in the upcoming WW'84 film?
    I think concept art was shown of her at some point, but it hasn't been revealed to the public yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This just leaked but who knows if it's true yet.

https://batman-news.com/2019/03/19/c...der-woman-1984

9AF515A8-EEC8-430B-811D-97E84598B980.jpg

What do you all think? Good idea or no? It really sounds like something out of Ghostbusters, which came out in 1984...i love Ghostbusters I don't want to see Ghostbusters in Wonder Woman. First a callback to Superman '78 now this.
    Richard Alexander

It's a callback to Ghostbusters... how exactly?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This sounds similar to the Priscilla Rich origin where Priscilla's second personality was jealous/envious of Diana.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's a callback to Ghostbusters... how exactly?
    Honestly, I never thought about it, even with the addition of Kristin Wiig, whom I thought was a bit strange to play this particular character. (Not that she can't do dramatic) but the silliness and fun that was Ghostbusters 84, I can see happening in Wonder Woman 84. The rumors that have come out with Steve possibly being in someone elses body, and only Diana can see what he really looks like, to Kristin possibly playing a silly character to Diana's more serious one, and now how she transforms, kinda reminds me of how Dana/Sogurney Weaver's character was when she got possessed in Ghostbusters.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Honestly, I never thought about it, even with the addition of Kristin Wiig, whom I thought was a bit strange to play this particular character. (Not that she can't do dramatic) but the silliness and fun that was Ghostbusters 84, I can see happening in Wonder Woman 84. The rumors that have come out with Steve possibly being in someone elses body, and only Diana can see what he really looks like, to Kristin possibly playing a silly character to Diana's more serious one, and now how she transforms, kinda reminds me of how Dana/Sogurney Weaver's character was when she got possessed in Ghostbusters.
    Ohhh, I get ya. I don't know that that will be the route Patty Jenkins goes with. But then again, Ghostbusters is a beloved film by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ohhh, I get ya. I don't know that that will be the route Patty Jenkins goes with. But then again, Ghostbusters is a beloved film by many.
    On the other hand, it's decidedly different in tone to the first Wonder Woman. Having Deadpool open a fridge that is a portal to a hellscape is one thing, having Wonder Woman do it is another. To put it another way: no reference or callback in Wonder Woman was there only for a humorous purpose. They could be funny, but they also said something about Diana, or were a natural part of the plot.

And there is no shortage of iconic moments or scenes in 80s movies to call back to anyway: Indiana Jones is likely a no-brainer given Barbara Ann Minerva's job and the hints of the movie travelling around the world.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not so sure I trust Grace.

Jenkins already said when describing Wiig's performance that she is a friend of Diana's. So her being a close friend and wishing to be like Diana and it backfiring spectacularly is straight out of the Rucka run.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

One of my prized possessions of the Bronze Age.
    737F4E82-2145-426D-A351-E392A807FEF9.jpg

If ever given the chance to pitch to Wonder Woman, I’d bring back Deborah, and put her on Earth 2. I’d give her an upgrade, power wise, and I’d update her motivation for becoming the Cheetah. I’d also do a crossover involving the two Cheetahs, culminating in a “Cheetah War”, with Wonder Women from both earths, and new Greek characters, Nyx and Nemesis.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com