Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 91
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    One of my prized possessions of the Bronze Age.
    Attachment 80229

    If ever given the chance to pitch to Wonder Woman, I’d bring back Deborah, and put her on Earth 2. I’d give her an upgrade, power wise, and I’d update her motivation for becoming the Cheetah. I’d also do a crossover involving the two Cheetahs, culminating in a “Cheetah War”, with Wonder Women from both earths, and new Greek characters, Nyx and Nemesis.
    That sounds pretty cool actually. I think I'd prefer a crossover with Priscilla, but I wouldn't mind an Earth 2 Deborah either.

    Deborah is in desperate need of a design upgrade though. Priscilla should have her Alex Ross design forevermore, but Domaine needs something similar.

  2. #47
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,124

    Default

    What about the only male cheetah. I always wondered how do you make a good story with him?

  3. #48
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Dark Dimension
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    I’d revamp her look by giving her a mask or face paint reminiscent of the cheetah’s markings. Not exactly like the Alex Ross design for Priscilla, her hair would still be exposed. I’d give her an open collar, with a cheetah patterned choker. She’d have a healing factor, the ability to camouflage into her surroundings, heightened senses, razor sharp claws, invulnerability, and a time distortion field that gives her the appearance of moving at accelerated speeds.
    ::Favorite Characters::

    \Psylocke/ \Meggan/ \Karma/
    *Misty Knight* *Daredevil* *Luke Cage* *Spider-Woman*
    >Wasp<>Doctor Strange<>Scarlet Witch<>Brother Voodoo<
    {Avengers}{Fantastic Four}{Alpha Flight}{X-Men}

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d revamp her look by giving her a mask or face paint reminiscent of the cheetah’s markings. Not exactly like the Alex Ross design for Priscilla, her hair would still be exposed. I’d give her an open collar, with a cheetah patterned choker. She’d have a healing factor, the ability to camouflage into her surroundings, heightened senses, razor sharp claws, invulnerability, and a time distortion field that gives her the appearance of moving at accelerated speeds.
    I like that, except the time distortion thing. what is the source of her powers?

  5. #50
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Dark Dimension
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I like that, except the time distortion thing. what is the source of her powers?
    I’d make Kronos the source of her powers, bringing the Titans of old into Diana’s rogues gallery.
    ::Favorite Characters::

    \Psylocke/ \Meggan/ \Karma/
    *Misty Knight* *Daredevil* *Luke Cage* *Spider-Woman*
    >Wasp<>Doctor Strange<>Scarlet Witch<>Brother Voodoo<
    {Avengers}{Fantastic Four}{Alpha Flight}{X-Men}

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d make Kronos the source of her powers, bringing the Titans of old into Diana’s rogues gallery.
    DC spells it "Cronus"... guess who's the patriarch of the Children of Cronus? AKA: the supervillain team that created Devastation.

    Now the idea of a magic relic empowering a human with powers from Cronus is fine though, I'm just mentioning that he's already in the rogues gallery hiding in the back

  7. #52
    Incredible Member Majesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    This just leaked but who knows if it's true yet.

    https://batman-news.com/2019/03/19/c...der-woman-1984

    Attachment 80037




    What do you all think? Good idea or no? It really sounds like something out of Ghostbusters, which came out in 1984...i love Ghostbusters I don't want to see Ghostbusters in Wonder Woman. First a callback to Superman '78 now this.

    "I'm gonna do this experiment cause I want to be like Wonder Woman."

    "Whoops.. I'm a monster."


    I'd rather they do something like make her a scientist and Archeologist(like a Lara Croft) that grows close to Wonder Woman, and on an expedition stumbles across a McGuffin that gets her infected with the spirit of the Cheetah and all that stuff.

    And it starts effecting her like "Werewolf" movies do, where it starts to bleed over into her day to day life, and you can even have her eventually become twisted in her mind to blame Diana for it happening, because she sent her there or something or other.

    Anyway that'd be a much better idea.

  8. #53
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    "I'm gonna do this experiment cause I want to be like Wonder Woman."

    "Whoops.. I'm a monster."


    I'd rather they do something like make her a scientist and Archeologist(like a Lara Croft) that grows close to Wonder Woman, and on an expedition stumbles across a McGuffin that gets her infected with the spirit of the Cheetah and all that stuff.

    And it starts effecting her like "Werewolf" movies do, where it starts to bleed over into her day to day life, and you can even have her eventually become twisted in her mind to blame Diana for it happening, because she sent her there or something or other.

    Anyway that'd be a much better idea.
    Yeah, I'd rather Indiana Jones vs. Ghostbusters. It just makes me think of silly humor instead of an adventure movie with some humor.
    Richard Alexander

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,124

    Default

    I wonder. Sometimes I think maybe even before meeting Diana. Maybe Barbara should already have collected some mystical weapons and items? Maybe she was already going to be turned into Cheetah

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,602

    Default

    Still not seeing the Ghostbusters comparison beyond Kristin Wiig having been in a Ghostbusters movie.

    A wish with an artifact gone wrong (if that is indeed the case) isn't that much different than an obsessive desire to be like Wonder Woman leading to an expedition gone wrong. The former isn't any more likely to be played for laughs than the latter.

  11. #56
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Cheetah is going to be in this Sunday's episode of DC Super Hero Girls.

  12. #57
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Dark Dimension
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    DC spells it "Cronus"... guess who's the patriarch of the Children of Cronus? AKA: the supervillain team that created Devastation.

    Now the idea of a magic relic empowering a human with powers from Cronus is fine though, I'm just mentioning that he's already in the rogues gallery hiding in the back
    Now that you mention it, I’m immediately reminded of the tragically short Eric Luke run. Such a good run.
    ::Favorite Characters::

    \Psylocke/ \Meggan/ \Karma/
    *Misty Knight* *Daredevil* *Luke Cage* *Spider-Woman*
    >Wasp<>Doctor Strange<>Scarlet Witch<>Brother Voodoo<
    {Avengers}{Fantastic Four}{Alpha Flight}{X-Men}

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Now that you mention it, I’m immediately reminded of the tragically short Eric Luke run. Such a good run.
    Yes it was. Even if Disdain and Slaughter, etc.. don't appear you can have other things related to the group. Like say a magic amulet that can give a Human super-powers.

  14. #59
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,745

    Default

    Cheetah was pretty great on DC Super Hero Girls. They really didn't shortchange how big of a threat she is.

    They even remembered Barbara Minvera is supposed to be British .

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cheetah was pretty great on DC Super Hero Girls. They really didn't shortchange how big of a threat she is.

    They even remembered Barbara Minvera is supposed to be British .
    May Athena and Urzkartaga bless them for that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •