Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 115
  1. #76
    Incredible Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should Cheetah have the power to control felines?
    If she did I would make it even more specific and say specifically Cheetahs. That said, id like to see something more akin to that silly new 52 power where here bite turns people into were cheetahs. Have her perhaps find a themeing artifact that creates a pair of cheetah monsters or something.

    On that note the comics did establish in later stuff that the original Cheetah Pricilla Rich had a trio of pet cheetahs and a black panther

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should Cheetah have the power to control felines?
    Weren't there a few where Barbara Minerva looked human and had two giant cheetahs to help kill things? I liked that.

  3. #78
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    maybe if we add the werecheetahs she can control them too.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    I'm of the general opinion that one should be conservative about adding new powers to supervillains and superheroes. First priority should be to develop and affirm the already extant superpowers. Then ask if it makes sense for the character. Too many superpowers run into the issue of Conservation of Ninjutsu: the power of the character remains constant, but each of their superpowers becomes less used and less useful.

    When it comes to Cheetah, I read her as a fundamental loner, and that is something that is part of her tragedy. I'm not sure if companionship or connections with other animals really fit well into that. If a writer has a really good idea for a story—or preferably several stories—centered around Cheetah's connection with other big cats, then by all means go for it. Otherwise than that I think it's better to build on her speed, ferocity, strength, and supernaturally sharp teeth and claws.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  5. #80
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm of the general opinion that one should be conservative about adding new powers to supervillains and superheroes. First priority should be to develop and affirm the already extant superpowers. Then ask if it makes sense for the character. Too many superpowers run into the issue of Conservation of Ninjutsu: the power of the character remains constant, but each of their superpowers becomes less used and less useful.

    When it comes to Cheetah, I read her as a fundamental loner, and that is something that is part of her tragedy. I'm not sure if companionship or connections with other animals really fit well into that. If a writer has a really good idea for a story—or preferably several stories—centered around Cheetah's connection with other big cats, then by all means go for it. Otherwise than that I think it's better to build on her speed, ferocity, strength, and supernaturally sharp teeth and claws.
    If Cheetah is to be Diana's haunting failure, the mortal, who challenges her belief in mortalkind's ability to save itself, ..we need to see her in more stories that drive that point home. I think we need to see Diana pitted against Barbara Minerva in a way that makes it very clear that Barbara is the monster, and 'Cheetah' is merely her weapon-of-mas-destruction.
    Look alive, Kangaliers!

  6. #81
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    In Cheetah’s long history there is already a set established mythos with her owning cheetahs. So I can’t see why that can be played into it. Now has far has cheetah being a loner. I don’t mind that part. However, how should villains view cheetah ? I mean if Cheetah tries to kill Lex how should he feel?

  7. #82
    Spectacular Member VonHammersmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I’d like Cheetah to develop further as an intelligent villain with a better “game”, for lack of a better word, I don’t think she needs any additional powers. She should scour the 9 realms for lost magical artifacts and sell them on Silk Road, Cheetah could totally run the black market like a BOSS. I can't even tell you how ticked off I am that Barbie Ann's archeological expertise is put to no use on the Legion of Doom with Luthor doing ALL the thinking, and Cheetah the henching..

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    How should her archeological skills be used

  9. #84
    Incredible Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In Cheetah’s long history there is already a set established mythos with her owning cheetahs. So I can’t see why that can be played into it. Now has far has cheetah being a loner. I don’t mind that part. However, how should villains view cheetah ? I mean if Cheetah tries to kill Lex how should he feel?
    Well its a thing for Priscilla Rich, im not sure if it was a thing for Barbara Minerva or not. Cheetahs long history is kinda muddied by the fact that we have four different Cheetahs.

    As for how villains view Cheetah thats honestly a tough call. What we have seen of Priscilla Rich and Lex Luthor, they tend to view her as a tool who can be dangerous if not controlled

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm of the general opinion that one should be conservative about adding new powers to supervillains and superheroes. First priority should be to develop and affirm the already extant superpowers. Then ask if it makes sense for the character. Too many superpowers run into the issue of Conservation of Ninjutsu: the power of the character remains constant, but each of their superpowers becomes less used and less useful.
    Like how Deva can re-write people's memories, but writers rarely use that power?

    Superman and GLs also have that. They have so many options that it's a matter of which ones the writer feels like using in that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If Cheetah is to be Diana's haunting failure, the mortal, who challenges her belief in mortalkind's ability to save itself, ..we need to see her in more stories that drive that point home. I think we need to see Diana pitted against Barbara Minerva in a way that makes it very clear that Barbara is the monster, and 'Cheetah' is merely her weapon-of-mas-destruction.
    Well, you can go with the idea that Barbara got cursed because of who she was. In the comics she's even been un-cursed and chosen to go back.

  11. #86
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    One thing I would do is not make it the plant god. I mean given the fact Cheetahs are generally associated with Egypt. Mafdet would be a good fit. I mean come out we are talking about the goddess of justice and execution. Cheetah given justice at her enemies is very cool. Since Mafdet is generally using a blade or taken out people’s hearts. Why not have her being a living vessel? She taints the blade.

  12. #87
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,116

    Default

    I don't want Cheetah to ever be a henchling. She should definitely be the leader or co-leader. She also needs to be portrayed as a consistently serious threat outside of Wonder Woman's comic.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    Patty Jenkins on Cheetah in WW84:

    Q: I know you can’t talk about Wonder Woman 1984, but let me ask a roundabout question. I’m a big fan of the character of Cheetah and I’ve been rereading Greg Rucka’s 2016 Wonder Woman run that delves into that character’s story. Were there any comics you read to understand Cheetah or decide what to do with Wonder Woman 1984?

    A: I didn’t pick one particular run, but I tried to take them all in. I tried to look at what the core root is and bring that to life. I’m so excited for you to see it because I think you’ll be very happy. I’m extremely happy with it.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's very nice to hear. That's how good adaptations work, they really need to look at the entire history and pick the best pieces to combine it into something fresh. I'm glad that she's looking at the entire history, and the words "core root" suggests that Marston's Priscilla Rich stories were looked at along with other. Rebirth incorporated a a bit of Priscilla into Barbara Ann and it, IMO, resulted in a much stronger character than the two have been individually. I'm sure Rucka's and Perez's takes were looked at as well.

    spoilers:
    This lends credence to the rumors of her starting out in a costume like Priscilla, and transforming fully into a monster as the film continues.
    end of spoilers

  15. #90
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    Lex generally uses Cheetah. However, how should Cheetah be treated? I really feel both Lex and Joker should be scared of her. Now if Villiany Inc or God watch she really should be a leader that's if she also created it. Unless God Watch becomes her own thing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •