Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well according to the new timeline, both Priscilla Rich and Barbara Minerva are canon.
    Priscilla is the Golden Age Cheetah, Babs is the described as "the new Cheetah."
    Where'd you see that?

Having Cheetah be a legacy character is just so silly. You mean to tell me Diana fights two cheetah-themed villains? I much prefer Priscilla Rich as an alias by Barbara Ann (or vice versa).

Yea they are all the same character would work fine. What if Priscilla did have something to make her younger. Thanks to Diana she wanted more than just immortal youth but power. Taken one from Wonder Woman 77. She steals a dagger from an Egyptian goddess display. At first, she had a Cheetah suit made for her powered by one a mythical artical by Dr. Cyber but wanted to be a god herself.

Yeah, having two Cheetahs with no connection to each other being Wonder Woman's arch-enemies is rather ridiculous. Just have them be the same person with different aliases.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Where'd you see that?

Having Cheetah be a legacy character is just so silly. You mean to tell me Diana fights two cheetah-themed villains? I much prefer Priscilla Rich as an alias by Barbara Ann (or vice versa).
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, having two Cheetahs with no connection to each other being Wonder Woman's arch-enemies is rather ridiculous. Just have them be the same person with different aliases.
    The new timeline was officially released. Priscilla is listed in Generation 1 shortly after Wonder Woman debuts alongside the JSA. Barbara is part of Generation 2 around the time COIE would take place.

I'm a little iffy on it. I love both Priscilla and Barbara Ann so having them both in continuity has an appeal, especially if Priscilla in general is coming back with all the Golden Age stuff. But nobody else in the League has a legacy arch nemesis (barring the Flashes, but they are different characters. Barry gets Thawne while Wally has Zolomon), and there isn't an immediately connection between Priscilla and Barbara Ann as there was with Priscilla and Deborah.

Since Deimos and Phobos may still be behind manipulating Barbara into becoming the Cheetah, maybe they point her in the direction of a God who will specifically curse her into that form? As a middle finger to Diana, who may have lots of baggage with Priscilla.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Aren't we assuming here that Priscilla and Barbara will have no connection once we find out the details on the two Cheetahs? It's very possible they are related or have some other deep connection.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Priscilla and Barbara are different enough to be interesting characters in their own right. So I'm not opposed to having them exist in some form in the same universe.

Am I the only one who can't take Cheetah's redesign seriously? She just looks funny most of the time, not creepy or threatening at all. It's particularly bad in Snyder's Justice League. Liam Sharp is the only one who made it work for me so far.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Am I the only one who can't take Cheetah's redesign seriously? She just looks funny most of the time, not creepy or threatening at all. It's particularly bad in Snyder's Justice League. Liam Sharp is the only one who made it work for me so far.

I'm not sure it's the design that the problem as some of the Justice League artists(i.e. Jimenez) have a more cartoony style than Liam Sharp. Most of the Legion of Doom looks less threatening when these artists draw an issue.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I still find it personally more intimidating than when she had hair. Honestly for the most part I like it a lot.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Sharp and Evely drew her great.
    The lack of good artists when she appears elsewhere aren't helping though.