Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cassie Sandsmark Appreciation 2019

Well...I left for a while and I see we have new years new threads

t9bm8k.jpg

May this 2019 be good for Cassie, with YJ: Outsiders and the Young Justice comics, let's hope she interacts with Diana and Donna soon

Happy New Year Cassie! Hopefully 2019 proves to be a Rebirth year for you .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw her during Infinite Crisis, holding Kon as he was dying.
    Later in Red Robin, as Tim called her to protect Oracle... she kinda protected herself
    ...and finally the New 52 version.
    The first two didn't inform me much on her character since it was only glimpsed. All I can tell was she seems calmer than the angry tough girl of the New 52.

Maybe we will get lucky and Bendis' Wonder imprint will give us a Cassie series

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I first saw her during Infinite Crisis, holding Kon as he was dying.
    Later in Red Robin, as Tim called her to protect Oracle... she kinda protected herself
    ...and finally the New 52 version.
    The first two didn't inform me much on her character since it was only glimpsed. All I can tell was she seems calmer than the angry tough girl of the New 52.
    Jimenez' Wondy omnibus comes out in Feb iirc, she appears there a lot as a supporting character. She appears a couple times in Rucka's run too.

My first Wonder girl, both in the YJ comic and the TT Infinite Crisis graphic novel.

I'm looking forward to Cassie's return in Young Justice. Anything will be better than her DCnU version.

Just read YJ #1. Continuity be damned, I’m so happy she’s back and looks like the next issue will explore why and how.
    A great book, lots of fun, terrific energy and really nice artwork.

What I can see so far from YG#1 Silent armour is gone but she is still lenox's daughter not Zeus', apparently she is recovering from some kind of trauma hopefully this will be explained soon.

Cassie1.jpg
    Cassie2.jpg
    Cassie3.jpg
    Last edited by lucius121; 01-09-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Disappointed that the terrible Zeus's granddaughter origin is still in effect, but it's great to see her back.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Disappointed that the terrible Zeus's granddaughter origin is still in effect, but it's great to see her back.
    ^^^ agree.

I want to know what her “secret” is

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    ...she is still lenox's daughter not Zeus'...
    She's Zeus's granddaughter, but not necessarily Lennox's daughter. Lennox is one of Azzarello's latter-day Children of Zeus, and Azzarello's run is now almost entirely a bunch of fake memories Diana used to have. Those kids of Zeus haven't been seen post-Rebirth (yet). So Cassie may get a new origin, which would be fine with me.

Of course, there are a mess of continuity questions raised in YJ #1. I get the impression Bendis is thinking about them and might iron them out. But it's always possible that Cassie will wind up being a daughter of a Lennox who doesn't even exist in Wonder Woman - with DC these days, you never know.

I enjoyed the issue more than I expected. It was great to see Cassie like this; it's a version I feel like I may enjoy reading about. The New 52 version just made me sad.

(Same with Bart.)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Of course, there are a mess of continuity questions raised in YJ #1. I get the impression Bendis is thinking about them and might iron them out. But it's always possible that Cassie will wind up being a daughter of a Lennox who doesn't even exist in Wonder Woman - with DC these days, you never know.
    Doesn't exist might be pushing it a bit too hard—isn't mentioned might be more true.

And in a way, for Diana's and Cassie's relation it wouldn't really matter anyway. Diana has a special and personal connection with the Greek pantheon no matter which origin is in effect, and assisting and helping and having a feeling of responsibility for someone else with a strong relation to the Greek pantheon would be entirely in character for her. That goes double if Diana was friends with Cassie's mother.

Just as it doesn't matter to the Greek myth of Jason and Medea's encounter with Circe if Circe is aunt or sister to Medea. What matters is that they have a relation.
    Last edited by kjn; 01-10-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Just a gentle reminder that this is a Cassie Appreciation thread, so let's stick with the kudos and not veer into a 'which is the better origin' discussion
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

The origin might not be ideal but at least the silent armour is gone.

Great to have Cassie back, it would be nice to have some interaction with her and Diana but I will not hold my breath.