Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I think the mechanics name was Harold or something like that. I remember seeing him in one of the Batman books i picked up after the Earthquake struck Gotham. It would be cool to see another person fill this role. I never liked Alfred being the do it all person. Medic, mechanic, cook, etc...
    Yes! Harold!! That was his name. I remember being rather displeased when he died for no good reason. Just canon fodder from the mostly-forgotten corner of the Cave. I have no issue with death in a narrative but I do hate waste.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Okay, so maybe Bluebird is her alias but she's non-costumed like Alfred. I have no problem with that.
    Someone's gotta help out around that place. And I'd be quite happy if it were Harper. I dont want or need her in costume but she'd do well handling many of the Cave's day-to-day requirements and repairs and she knows how to fight and defend herself so when the villains show up it's not just poor Alfred with his shotgun.

Though I also don't mind the idea of putting her in the Arrow family with Dinah. Black Canary and Bluebird does have a nice ring to it. I feel like there might be a bit too much overlap with Roy, both in terms of general attitude and weapon/s of choice (Roy should never be Red Arrow in my book; always the gun-totting Arsenal) but Harper would still be a solid addition.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yes! Harold!! That was his name. I remember being rather displeased when he died for no good reason. Just canon fodder from the mostly-forgotten corner of the Cave. I have no issue with death in a narrative but I do hate waste.

Someone's gotta help out around that place. And I'd be quite happy if it were Harper. I dont want or need her in costume but she'd do well handling many of the Cave's day-to-day requirements and repairs and she knows how to fight and defend herself so when the villains show up it's not just poor Alfred with his shotgun.
    Harold's back as of All-Star Batman. I don't remember the issue but that's his only appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Now that you mention it, I'd love to see a story discussing the people previously employed by the Waynes at the manor before Thomas and Martha died.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

BANNED

give her to joker already...

As a supporting characther that ocasionally aid Batman, honestly that's the reason of why i originally liked her.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Agree with a lot of you.

Keep her out of a costume, yeesh that was just silly.

She's more interesting as a brilliant civilian engineer who cannot beat anybody up. She can be a help to Batman as a non hero that I don't think we've seen in a while besides Dr. Thompkins.

She even has an interesting backstory with her brother and her being victims of Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Don't.

10char
    Beat me to it man
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Don't.

10char
    The words of a true poet. I couldn't agree more.

In all seriousness, If i were DC trying to revive Harper Roe as a character, i wouldn't insert her into the conventional continuity, crowding up the Bat-family even more. As an alternative I would have a title, perhaps digital only, wherein the series takes place specifically in the N52 iteration of the DC Universe.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 01-07-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Well, it seems we can all agree that Leslie's death in Detective Comics can produce a storyline where Harper can come back in. But who'll write it? Maybe Marguiette Bennett and Scott Snyder? And Otto Schmidt on art?
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinityphoenix View Post
    Well, it seems we can all agree that Leslie's death in Detective Comics can produce a storyline where Harper can come back in. But who'll write it? Maybe Marguiette Bennett and Scott Snyder? And Otto Schmidt on art?
    It can sure, but killing Tompkins is a dumb idea.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infinityphoenix View Post
    Is Snyder even still interested on Harper? Because so far everyone he created or bring back he left behind unless it's directly related to the Batman he's writing. Harper, Duke, Harold, Lincoln March...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It can sure, but killing Tompkins is a dumb idea.
    You kinda ask yourself "Why?" It looks like just shock value to me. Thompkins was a nice lady, a kindly link to the past for several characters. There was no reason for it, and I can't see it as a reason to resurrect Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You kinda ask yourself "Why?" It looks like just shock value to me. Thompkins was a nice lady, a kindly link to the past for several characters. There was no reason for it, and I can't see it as a reason to resurrect Harper.
    Yes, Leslie's death served only as a reminder to the audience that, at the moment, DC is enjoying tearing things out of and away from Batman. And I would resurrect Harper for what she was originally, giving the reader a perspective of an every day person in Gotham. Leslie Thompkins served Gotham for decades, helping countless lives outside of the lens of Bruce and the rest of the batfamily. If she's going to be staying dead for a while, I would hope DC takes the time necessary to recognize that.

Harper simply doesn't work as a character. If she was to be the civilian eye that reacts to the batfamily, Snyder should have written her as a believable human being. Start by not making her "the most badass evaaaar" who is such a brilliant kid who can do anything, hack anything and beat anyone. I mean, we already have Tim Drake doing that anyway.

By creating such a brilliant character, Snyder ended up making her bland. Being the best is not a character trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Harper simply doesn't work as a character. If she was to be the civilian eye that reacts to the batfamily, Snyder should have written her as a believable human being. Start by not making her "the most badass evaaaar" who is such a brilliant kid who can do anything, hack anything and beat anyone. I mean, we already have Tim Drake doing that anyway.

By creating such a brilliant character, Snyder ended up making her bland. Being the best is not a character trait.
    I don't know where you got the idea that Harper's the best at everything. She's not particularly good at fighting and isn't very agile, for example.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)