Default Marvel heroes that are a better fit in the DC universe and vice versa.

Some characters scream Marvel/DC. You can't imagine Marvel and DC without certain characters. Yet each universe houses certain characters that just feel like they are in the wrong universe. So, tell us which Marvel heroes better fit DC's universe and which DC heroes better fit Marvel's
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-06-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Arsenal. Roy Harper had a drug addiction. That's hardly the sort of flaw commonly associated with DC characters.

Damage, because he's basically a Hulk.

The New Teen Titans team from the 1980s, as back then their kind of storyline was common in Marvel, but unheard of in DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ms Marvel: Is carrying on another heroes legacy. No real personal tragedy to motivate her. Has no real rough edges. Well adjusted. She turned The Champions into Marvel's version of The Legion Of Superheroes. Boring...but the good kind of boring.

Mr. Terrific:Tragic origin? Dead wife and kid. He blames himself for their deaths, so much so he almost killed himself over it! Third smartest person on Earth. Currently leads The Fanta..er..The Terrifics.

Captain America

The Fantastic Four excluding Thing

Batman

What's the criteria?

(Hazarding a guess, Green Lanterns Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz seem like they would fit into Marvel pretty well, given that most of their stories angle to the heroes with personal lives and struggles of normal life and not so much of the "heroes as symbols" that a lot of the DC big ones are.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I feel like Vision, and Wanda by extension, might actually fair better in the DC world because I think they'd be put through much less traumatic/dramatic nonsense. I dunno, prolly just confirmation bias, I kinda feel that the DC-verse treats their robotic/android characters better, and also their married characters better (I have pretty old anecdotal points of reference tho).

Fantastic Four is the first thing that comes to my mind.

DC acquired the Wildstorm stable of characters, and when they tried to integrate them into their own universe it.... went poorly.... (at least until tom King fixed Midnighter, but one character out of dozens is not a great track record. And then Warren Ellis got things back on track, but they are back in their own universe again because they were not working in the DCU) they're just bad fits for the DCU, and I think they would fit a lot better in Marvel. The Authority and Wildcats (especially after Joe Casey's revamp of the team) in particular.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-06-2019 at 09:55 PM.

I felt like doing trades

Spiderman (DC)- Spiderman would be better in because he would be allowed to reach his full potential where people in the universe recognize his greatness. His science inclination and genius would play a great part he would probably be the third smartest person and replace....

Batman(Marvel) Marvel is more slight more grounded world and the heroes are flawed and Batman fits in that better than at DC. Also Batman versus Captain America makes a whole lot more sense than Superman and fills in that Antihero that they want to put in the Avengers but not be overkill like Wolverine. Plus Batman gets to develop into Psudeo tech hero he is meant to be.

Thor(DC) Marvel is using Thor punching bag to test other heroes doesn't quite feel like the A-lister he should be nowadays. At DC interactions with New Gods and Amazons & Greek Gods would lead to more interesting stories. Also a friendly Rivalry with Superman who show as consistently one of DC most powerful being would leave Thor feeling more overall powerful.

Shazam(Marvel) He would be out of Superman shadow which would him allow to shine more. Superheroish Magic is handle a little better at Marvel imo so I think he could find a niche. Last he is named Captain Marvel

FF(DC)- Honestly their tone never fits Marvel and DC who has love old school style character would be the perfect fit

Wally West(Marvel)- No character of recent has had more f'd stuff happen to him so he is perfect for Marvel now. And since I sent Spiderman away to DC Wally can fit that young energetic hero at Marvel. Plus Marvel does not have good speedster so he would fill a niche

Daredevil (DC)- Since I put Batman over at Marvel then I would put DD at DC and unlike Batman. DD doesn't get involved in crazy superhero stuff that is over his head and that kills the biggest flaw with Batman who has to be Batgod in JL and street level hero in his books. Also a superhero lawyer trying to clean up crime in Gotham just makes so much sense.

Titans(Marvel)- Cyborg,Raven,Starfire,Tempest, Donna Troy- Honestly I don't think Marvel does young heroes much better but at least Marvel isn't actively trying to murder its young heroes. And since I got rid of Fantastic Four the Titans can slide in rather nicely in their spot as public heroes.

I always thought that dc did better with normal humans putting on a costume and fighting crine then marvel has done. That said I think that Falcon would be a great fit for dc
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Captain Britain is basically a DC hero so uncomfortable with the inherent pathos and scrutiny that comes with being in a Marvel universe that he became an alcoholic.

BANNED

I always thought Inhumans would do good in DC.

Manhunter, Booster Gold, and Arsenal over to Marvel.

Inhumans, Eternals, and Molecule Man over to DC.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum