Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Jinny supposed to talk with a Southern drawl? Is she supposed to be a girl who's whole shtick is a conflict with her being a modern teenage girl and the part of her that's like Jonah Hex? Is she supposed to act like she was born in the wrong century?
    I just get the idea that she came from where open carry is common. This is what I suspected going to happen but wasn't sure, and I'm interested to see how they will handle it in this climate, the meeting of the anti gun teen which I guess is going to be Tim and the pro gun teen.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes to the shared codename question - it's happened to Superboy as well.
    I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing .
    I have the same feeling, it doesn't feel like a DC idea to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Branding wise it's bad. In comics, it's fine since we already know the difference, but this is what leads to The Flash and Robin characters being interchangeable in media adaptation.

One the one hand, shared codenames are dumb. On the other hand, Kon never deserved to lose the Superboy title in the first place, so I'm glad he gets to keep it.

Although, in some instances it could lead to overshadowing. What will Tim's role be as a Robin considering Damian is the more popular one right now? And as far as Superboy, Conner is everywhere in 2019. A heralded return to comics, animation, tv. He's looking to steal the thunder from Jon (not that I care, but from DC's point of view it could be an issue if they want the kid to have staying power).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-06-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Although, in some instances it could lead to overshadowing. What will Tim's role be as a Robin considering Damian is the more popular one right now? And as far as Superboy, Conner is everywhere in 2019. A heralded return to comics, animation, tv. He's looking to steal the thunder from Jon (not that I care, but from DC's point of view it could be an issue if they want the kid to have staying power).
    Maybe Tim can be Batman's Robin again. It's not like Bruce and Damian really team-up all that often anymore.

(I feel like the Jon/Damian Super Sons concept is going to end up getting killed through all this).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Given Jon's upcoming... situation I wouldn't be surprised if he's given a new codename by the end of the year

That's possible. The situation has drastically changed from a couple years ago where it now looks like if anyone would be having to drop the Superboy title it'd be Jon, not Conner.

That said, I hear Bendis did have a shared codename thing going on at Marvel, and he's running the Superman line as well as YJ so its highly possible it just stays as is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    One the one hand, shared codenames are dumb. On the other hand, Kon never deserved to lose the Superboy title in the first place, so I'm glad he gets to keep it.

From a corporate standpoint I doubt DC cares who is using the codename, as long as it's generating profit.

DC won't care if Damian's Robin sells or if Tim's Robin sells, as long as the Robin brand is selling. Likewise, they're not going to care if Conner or Jon make money as long as the Superboy name is getting out there. The times when DC has decided that they're against legacy and name-sharing, that's a decision coming from the creative side of business, not the corporate side. And if Bendis is a fan of name sharing, there's damn little reason for him *not* to do it as far as the accountants are concerned.

Like someone else said, this can lead to mixing and merging aspects in larger media adaptations (which we see constantly with Flash). But that doesn't bother the general audience because they don't know better. And the established hardcore fans like us? DC already has our money so they don't have to worry if we like it, as long as we're still willing to pay for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I am very much not a business guy, so I will definitely take your word for that, as I know you have some experience in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Like someone else said, this can lead to mixing and merging aspects in larger media adaptations (which we see constantly with Flash). But that doesn't bother the general audience because they don't know better. And the established hardcore fans like us? DC already has our money so they don't have to worry if we like it, as long as we're still willing to pay for it.
    True, this one didn't care when he was a casual, but once he got hardcore, he can't watch or play the adaptations anymore because all he saw was "this is wrong" XD

So happy Tim is back as Robin. I hate the Red Robin moniker. I always want to say “yuuummmm!” after I read it. Batman can have a flock of Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We already see some of this with the identities already.

Damian in the Brave and the Bold cartoon had Tim's second Robin costume and honestly was written pretty Tim-ish in the Batman Unlimited animated movie in my opinion.

I remember a lot of speculation that they would combine Jon and Conner for the Death/Reign animated movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So happy Tim is back as Robin. I hate the Red Robin moniker. I always want to say “yuuummmm!” after I read it. Batman can have a flock of Robins.
    We already had that with We Are Robin. I'm not sure if it ended well .

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I have the same feeling, it doesn't feel like a DC idea to me.
    I think DC is the one that started it, I mean we had three Flashes at some point

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I think DC is the one that started it, I mean we had three Flashes at some point
    It's different to me when one is basically a different age. (as in comic age gold, silver, bronze, etc.) Green Lantern has the same issue with all the new ones thrown in.

Most of the Robins are all bronze/modern. It's too mixed together for me. It makes me think of the dumb idea from the Flash tv show where team Flash was like "you aren't the Flash, we all are."
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics