Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I bought the Bart Allen variant cover.
    REALLY looking forward to reading this!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Debating a digital purcha... nope. It's $4.99. Nevermind. I'll Trade. I'm not a longtime fan.

Cover._SX1280_QL80_TTD_ (2).jpg

Ooh so that's what the Wonder line logo looks like
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-07-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Debating a digital purcha... nope. It's $4.99. Nevermind. I'll Trade. I'm not a longtime fan.

5 bucks? That's brutal, I hate books more than 3 bucks.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I hate the Red Robin moniker. I always want to say “yuuummmm!” after I read it.
    "I must... I must choose a name! Wait - what has just drifted through the window of Wayne Manor? It's a take-out menu from a fast-food restaurant! Criminals are a hungry lot with poor nutritional values! I shall be... Red Robin!"

I never minded Tim being Robin. But if they were going to make such a big deal about him not wanting to take the name because he didn't want to dishonor Jason (or, for that matter, Dick), he could have picked something less close and more imaginative. Red Talon or something.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

The art looks good, and I'm interested in some of the characters.

But it looks like they're making people from Gemworld into generic superheroes/supervillains, without much regard for the tone or aesthetic of the place. As a big fan of Amethyst and Gemworld, I don't find that tremendously appealing.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I checked the colors and the gem kingdoms from Sword of Sorcery
    There's purple amethyst, yellow citrine, green turquoise, black onyx, and white diamond
    Haven't looked at it in-depth

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (I feel like the Jon/Damian Super Sons concept is going to end up getting killed through all this).
    Bendis already did that. Jon's been aged up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

It's 40 pages, anyway 5 bucks is too much

Not a fan of the art, Im still on the fence about this book anyway the wait is ending.

Kon93

Wouldn't it make more sense for a secretive crime fighter to have multiple sidekicks named the same,so no one knew the real 1,not to mention it makes Robin a scarier thing for criminals,cause it will fill like they are coming out of everywhere and no matter how many you take down there is always another

Conner Kent =Scion
    Jon kent= superbad
    Problem solved,and they both can be the right age,Jon 10,and SB atleast 18

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Yeah that's expensive. I guess DC is picking up the trend of 5 dollar first issues. Thanks Marvel.

It makes no sense as a first issue where you want to encourage new people to buy it. There have been a couple of Marvel series where I was going to jump in with the first issue but was like nope. 5 dollars is too much on a gamble. If I already knew I liked it then maybe. But just to try something out to see if I'll like it . Doesn't make any sense.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis already did that. Jon's been aged up.
    He is not aged up that much. He was said to be around 14,and Damian is 13. So, they can still team up.
    As far as title goes. I always wanted Jon to be the new flamebird. If that title is vacant. Then again, two people sharing a mantle is not that big of a deal. Considering there are two wally wests running around.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-07-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense for a secretive crime fighter to have multiple sidekicks named the same,so no one knew the real 1,not to mention it makes Robin a scarier thing for criminals,cause it will fill like they are coming out of everywhere and no matter how many you take down there is always another
    So like batjoker's robin.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He is not aged up that much. He was said to be around 14,and Damian is 13. So, they can still team up.
    As far as title goes. I always wanted Jon to be the new flamebird. If that title is vacant. Then again, two people sharing a mantle is not that big of a deal. Considering there are two wally wests running around.

Flamebird..NO.
    Superlad YES

Wally is the OG
    Wallace is the kid flash now

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    So like batjoker's robin.

Dont know them,I'm not into the Metal reject stuff.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The Tim scene reminds me a little of how they introduced Don Cheadle as Rhodey in Iron Man 2.