Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Dont know them,I'm not into the Metal reject stuff.
    Nightwing-29-DC-Comics-Rebirth-Dark-Nights-Metal-spoilers-9-e1505956531785.jpg

10char

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    "I must... I must choose a name! Wait - what has just drifted through the window of Wayne Manor? It's a take-out menu from a fast-food restaurant! Criminals are a hungry lot with poor nutritional values! I shall be... Red Robin!"

I never minded Tim being Robin. But if they were going to make such a big deal about him not wanting to take the name because he didn't want to dishonor Jason (or, for that matter, Dick), he could have picked something less close and more imaginative. Red Talon or something.
    Red Robin name and design was originally Dick Grayson in Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross
    Then they used the exact name and costume for main continuity Tim before rebooting for New 52

Wouldn't it make more sense for a secretive crime fighter to have multiple sidekicks named the same,so no one knew the real 1,not to mention it makes Robin a scarier thing for criminals,cause it will fill like they are coming out of everywhere and no matter how many you take down there is always another
    That's pretty much the concept of Robin in post crisis, wasn't it? Joker thought Jason and Tim were the same until they realized the difference

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yeah that's expensive. I guess DC is picking up the trend of 5 dollar first issues. Thanks Marvel.

It makes no sense as a first issue where you want to encourage new people to buy it. There have been a couple of Marvel series where I was going to jump in with the first issue but was like nope. 5 dollars is too much on a gamble. If I already knew I liked it then maybe. But just to try something out to see if I'll like it . Doesn't make any sense.
    I'm guessing they're banking on people who's been asking for the return of Tim, Kon, Cass and Bart since their fans disown the New 52 version. It's been, what, 7 years since they actually last appeared as themselves?

BANNED

Tim is back to being Robin huh... nice, he will go at good places under Bendis, i believe. Preview looks good, i will get the omnibus, if they make one.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Whenever I see all these guys, especially jumping like that, I always think of the storks from Madagascar. "Mine" "Mine" "Mine".
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I am very much not a business guy, so I will definitely take your word for that, as I know you have some experience in that area.
    Some, yes. Far from an expert but I do know a few things.

It should go without saying but any time I say anything, especially concerning business, there's always a chance that I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We already see some of this with the identities already.

Damian in the Brave and the Bold cartoon had Tim's second Robin costume and honestly was written pretty Tim-ish in the Batman Unlimited animated movie in my opinion.
    Exactly. And both the CW Barry Allen and the DCEU Barry Allen have a chunk of Wally-isms woven into the character, and DCAU Wally had a chunk of Barry in the mix. 99% of the audiences don't have a clue, and the handful of us who do know better won't really shift the revenue stream even if we don't support a project (though we almost always do), so from the business side of things it's not an issue at all.

It's all about the brand. And the brand is the costume and superhero name, not the person inside the costume. There's a couple exceptions where the general public know who is in the suit (Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker) and with those IP's it's harder to push a different character in the mantle....but still far from impossible (as Spider-Verse shows) because the Bat, Super, and Spider brands are still what matters.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Kon93

Um not like that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Wow, are literally all 12 kingdoms evil? I also wonder why they're asking for superman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Jinny is a weird spelling but whatever. I'm pretty excited for this.
    I've known some "Ginny"s in my day, short for Virginia, but it is a little weird to see it with a J. Obviously the J is to make the connection to Jonah pretty explicit, one imagines.

This looks like a fun open. Tim's on point. Amethyst stuff is cool.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I've known some "Ginny"s in my day, short for Virginia, but it is a little weird to see it with a J. Obviously the J is to make the connection to Jonah pretty explicit, one imagines.

This looks like a fun open. Tim's on point. Amethyst stuff is cool.
    Jenny I think sounds better but oh well.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    But it looks like they're making people from Gemworld into generic superheroes/supervillains, without much regard for the tone or aesthetic of the place. As a big fan of Amethyst and Gemworld, I don't find that tremendously appealing.
    Their dialogue also sounds really off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly. And both the CW Barry Allen and the DCEU Barry Allen have a chunk of Wally-isms woven into the character, and DCAU Wally had a chunk of Barry in the mix. 99% of the audiences don't have a clue, and the handful of us who do know better won't really shift the revenue stream even if we don't support a project (though we almost always do), so from the business side of things it's not an issue at all.
    I wouldn't say DCAU Wally had a chunk of Barry. Just the whole "Founding Member" status and being a CSI, but that was about it.

DCEU Barry is basically Wally as Kid Flash with some of Bart wrapped in there.

CW Barry has definitely drawn on a lot of Wally elements, although as a character I think he's developed more solidly into comic Barry.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Wow, are literally all 12 kingdoms evil? I also wonder why they're asking for superman?
    The purple dude is asking about Superman because he wants to fight him for turf. The bystanders because they're scared and calling out for Superman to intervene.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh wait it's $5? I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    We don't know if they're evil in this version, only that they are fervently looking for Superman. I've seen lots of bona fide heroes come on this belligerently. That's why heroes fight all the time.

(I still don't like this look for the Gemworlders.)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Flamebird..NO.
    Superlad YES

Wally is the OG
    Wallace is the kid flash now
    Why not? Flamebird is awesome. It is kryptonIan legacy. So if nobody is using it. Why can't Jon kent be flamebird?
    They could even return Chris as nightwing. So these two can be a duo.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-08-2019 at 03:18 AM.

Incredible Member

24 hours till YJ4 returns