Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    The alternative is far superior,and brings more hype to the superBOY name.

Superlad is a play on the old Legion codenames,and is nothing like calling SB Metropolis kid.superlad represents Jon just as well as superboy does,probably better if he was still 10.

So superlad isnt as sustainable as flamebird,we will have to disagree on that big time.

Having to use another person's history as a crutch is no way to have a kid stand on his own.

Jon and lor are not brothers,they would be considered sworn enemies now,and lor has none of his old history,he isnt the same anymore.

I can see Jon and lor having to team up for things sure,just not exactly the way you do.

Hawkfire lol
    I am totally fine with Jon operating as Superboy. But if he has to choose another I would rather it be flamebird.
    superboy title/mantle is also crutch by that logic. Clark is the first superboy and conner came second. Now Jon is using it. Jon is a legacy hero for now. So by definition, he is using passed on mantle.As I said, continuity is fluid. Jon and Lor zod have not shown any rivalry, let alone enemity. They can change Lor zod back to Chris Kent. Besides nobody seems to care about this version of lorzod. It is not like he is some great villain. Chris Kent was atleast rememberable. So they can revert him back via timeline shinanigans. And have Clark and Lois remember their past.
    It is just an idea.It is not like it is going to happen. I will be lucky if Jon survives this Run and aging up fiasco.

As saidConner's been in Gemworld this whole time. The why and how I believe is a mystery to be played out the first three issues. From the looks of some artwork it looks like all his pre-FP history is still in play. Its not likely he shows up with his 90s look and attitude and its just that he's always been that way. Rather he went through the t-shirt and jeans phase and came back around to this. If his history remains, it will probably be a plot point on why the world has forgotten him, as he's clearly not in Superman's memories right now based on his reflections right after Reborn.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It appears that as was the case in 1986 after COIE, the continuity changes happened "off-camera." Suddenly, it was a new/old continuity, and the switch took place when nobody was looking.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Did Demian get a little bigger?
    The J-man

...dick and bette are the only nightwing and flamebird I need
    I understand the impulse. Bette is the only Flamebird I need right now.

But since I think we could probably never get a Dick/Nightwing, Bette/Flamebird team going, except maybe as an one-shot or arc (he's kind of busy in his own comic; she'd always be overshadowed by him; and I'd like to see them move away from her unreciprocated infatuation with him), I'd rather Bette got her own teenage sidekick: Flamebird & ... well, I was going to go with Owlboy, but it's sort of taken. There are other possibilities.

I'm a big fan of Bette/Flamebird, and I think what they did to her in Batwoman was terrible.
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 01-10-2019 at 01:38 AM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

No reason Chris couldn't go back to normal. It could be an interesting story having them deal with it and ond thing I loved was the way they showed that an adopted child can be as lived as a biological one. So having the three be like brothers: Kon, Jon and Chris, would be fun.

So Kon was in Gem world? Does that mean he and Amy are friends? I wonder if she and the othe gem heros protected him.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am totally fine with Jon operating as Superboy. But if he has to choose another I would rather it be flamebird.
    superboy title/mantle is also crutch by that logic. Clark is the first superboy and conner came second. Now Jon is using it. Jon is a legacy hero for now. So by definition, he is using passed on mantle.As I said, continuity is fluid. Jon and Lor zod have not shown any rivalry, let alone enemity. They can change Lor zod back to Chris Kent. Besides nobody seems to care about this version of lorzod. It is not like he is some great villain. Chris Kent was atleast rememberable. So they can revert him back via timeline shinanigans. And have Clark and Lois remember their past.
    It is just an idea.It is not like it is going to happen. I will be lucky if Jon survives this Run and aging up fiasco.
    If he doesn't survive I'll be pissed.

Using the superboy name is like.getting your dad's name.

In a perfect world I would have SB,jon,chris,cir,and matrix all together,but yeah life isnt perfect,and DC is obsessed with keeping its readers pissed

Kon93

I think they are playing SBs history like it happened without the Reign(until after geoff is done of course,and in some ways in reverse,which works best if he isnt in Reign.

They were definitely looking like they wanted lor to be Jon's evil opposite in the zod family.

I want a happy ending where we get all the Super family kids all back and no more erasing of them or changing them drastically

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    As saidConner's been in Gemworld this whole time. The why and how I believe is a mystery to be played out the first three issues. From the looks of some artwork it looks like all his pre-FP history is still in play. Its not likely he shows up with his 90s look and attitude and its just that he's always been that way. Rather he went through the t-shirt and jeans phase and came back around to this. If his history remains, it will probably be a plot point on why the world has forgotten him, as he's clearly not in Superman's memories right now based on his reflections right after Reborn.
    It's complicated, because we don't know the situation of the current continuity.

It could be that Conner is like Wally or Bart, where they belong to Pre-Flaspoint continuity, but they were deaged and their story was changed when they return to the current continuity. In the case of Bart (and likely Conner), he seems younger at emotional level too.

It's also possible that all Conner life in the current continuity happened during the "missing years" and he end up trapped in Gemworld at that time. So, he wouldn't remember Pre-Flashpoint continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Basic question from a lapsed reader somewhat out of the loop: how are all these YOUNG JUSTICE characters suddenly back in continuity? FLASHPOINT wiped them out, and though REBIRTH ostensibly brought many characters back, we haven't seen some of these particular characters until now. Where did they all come from? Where have they been? Moreover, are they completely the way they were back in their heyday?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I don't think we know. And I have no idea what level of "continuity" this series (and the DCU in general) is aiming for. Seems pretty low lately.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Hawkfire lol
    Always sounded like a raptor with digestive problems to me. (And an inferior version of the very good name of Firehawk.)
    Doctor Bifrost

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Always sounded like a raptor with digestive problems to me. (And an inferior version of the very good name of Firehawk.)
    I like the name, but hate that they gave it to Bette and her direction.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Read it on kindle. Loved it. Definitely convinced me to get the paper print in the afternoon. Gave me that rebirth feel that I have been missing for a while.
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 01-08-2019 at 10:48 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If he doesn't survive I'll be pissed.

Using the superboy name is like.getting your dad's name.

In a perfect world I would have SB,jon,chris,cir,and matrix all together,but yeah life isnt perfect,and DC is obsessed with keeping its readers pissed
    And that applies to this too. Nightwing is his father's name. And flamebird is Clark's original sidekicks name. So he can give it to both Chris and Jon.the idea is that this a composite superman pulling from every era of his existence.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    No reason Chris couldn't go back to normal. It could be an interesting story having them deal with it and ond thing I loved was the way they showed that an adopted child can be as lived as a biological one. So having the three be like brothers: Kon, Jon and Chris, would be fun..
    I guess Jurgens no longer in charge so they can make some changes...