Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Well. Find this issue boring and uninspiring.

Looks like is basing on nostalgia on the characters and their previous interactions which looks like wants to continue here.

Not going to buy this book again.

I dug it. Loved seeing the band back together. Looking forward to seeing where this whole seven Crisis thing goes.

Spectacular Member

I liked it, it was plot light but it set up stuff with gem world and how DC's constant crisis's are affecting things beyond just the main ornery of worlds multiverse and their not happy about it.

But man im even more lost on what current continuity is, Cassie has her new 52 origin... but otherwise seems entirely to be Pre-Flashpoint Cassie who just took a break from heroing at some point to focus on her personal life. Somehow Tim and Cassie remember Bart just fine even though like Wally and Jay he was stuck in the Speed Force after all the universe altering shinnanigans and in fact it seems like this is just flat out a reformation of the old team which apparently happened and hell I think was it Tim who said "NOT WITHOUT CONNER!" at one point BEFORE they met up with him?
    Last edited by Mojo; 01-09-2019 at 09:20 PM.

I thought it was a great issue. DC hired a writer who has done right by Bart, finally. It was a fun, quick paced read. Seeing the team together again in one book was well worth it. Now if DC can just manage to keep any darkness from encroaching into the book, it might actually turn out to be a very fun series to read just like the original.
    Last edited by Mystrx; 01-09-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Okay guys a bit of help here. On another board I have someone asking me how Tim knows them when he claimed not to a year ago. And apparently saying that merging of their past memories dont count. And bart-torr and kon from lobdells run on TT were not them. So how do I say, in a nice way, to explain why they know one another.

Also loved this issues and need more of it.

I expected it to move fast so we could introduce the new characters.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 01-09-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Okay guys a bit of help here. On another board I have someone asking me how Tim knows them when he claimed not to a year ago. And apparently saying that merging of their past memories dont count. And bart-torr and kon from lobdells run on TT were not them. So how do I say, in a nice way, to explain why they know one another.
    I think it is mainly just Bendis doing whatever he wants with continuity. So like making Tim Robin again because he wanted to he can have all of these character know each other without really having a logical reason for it in the current continuity.

Incredible Member

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

Bendis thanks readers with a sneak peek for issue 2. Potential spoiler
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 01-10-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

Bendis thanks readers with a speak peek for issue 2. Potential spoiler
    Oh my gosh that is amazing! Tim is a special boy indeed! I love this!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    [Spoilers]Tim on a unicorn! Oh my gosh that is amazing![/spoilers]
    Lol your tag didn't work.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think it is mainly just Bendis doing whatever he wants with continuity. So like making Tim Robin again because he wanted to he can have all of these character know each other without really having a logical reason for it in the current continuity.
    @badou, and @kurenai24 thank you both for this information, it helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Lol your tag didn't work.
    Changed it.

I don't know if it's me reading too much into this, but I feel that Bendis's approach to DC is really based on his experience at Marvel : everything counts.

Which is kind of refreshing, since even the Crisis are now a part of the DC Universe internal story, not just reboot known to the readers. Which is refreshing, even if it introduces some problems (namely, if Cassie's Zeus grand-daughter, is her father still Lennox ? If yes, how come when all of New 52 Wonder Woman has been retconned as Diana tripping too hard?).

I don't feel too sold on this book, because it's purely resting on Nostalgia and the two new characters aren't catching my interest right now, namely Jinny and Teen Lantern, especially compared to Naomi which seems to be a really intruiging book.

So far, I feel that YJ is less for me than TT by Glass, but I can understand the appeal for this one. I just hope that DC won't cancel the other books I read or hope to read (TT, Outsiders) and let go of the already new heroes who needs a series, like The Signal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't know if it's me reading too much into this, but I feel that Bendis's approach to DC is really based on his experience at Marvel : everything counts.

Which is kind of refreshing, since even the Crisis are now a part of the DC Universe internal story, not just reboot known to the readers. Which is refreshing, even if it introduces some problems (namely, if Cassie's Zeus grand-daughter, is her father still Lennox ? If yes, how come when all of New 52 Wonder Woman has been retconned as Diana tripping too hard?).

I don't feel too sold on this book, because it's purely resting on Nostalgia and the two new characters aren't catching my interest right now, namely Jinny and Teen Lantern, especially compared to Naomi which seems to be a really intruiging book.

So far, I feel that YJ is less for me than TT by Glass, but I can understand the appeal for this one. I just hope that DC won't cancel the other books I read or hope to read (TT, Outsiders) and let go of the already new heroes who needs a series, like The Signal.
    well it also helps that continuity was pretty much thrown out of the window in 2018 when King and Snyder started bringing more pre-flashpoint elements that were never explored post flashpoint.

I believe the goal of the book is to retain fans as well as bring in new casual readers. This issue is very casual friendly and a lot of readers started becoming hardcore after reading teenage superhero books when they were young.