Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really like the jacket look. Would be a cool winter look or something for Jay.
    I don't think Jay really needs a "winter look" since he would be able to control the immediate environment around him with his vibrations.

Putting buttons on Golden Age characters that didn't originally have them always seems to me like they're "borrowing" the look from the original Captain Marvel outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think Jay really needs a "winter look" since he would be able to control the immediate environment around him with his vibrations.

Putting buttons on Golden Age characters that didn't originally have them always seems to me like they're "borrowing" the look from the original Captain Marvel outfit.

I was just saying it would be cool to have different outfits from time to time.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I was just saying it would be cool to have different outfits from time to time.
    With guys like Batman who don't have powers, I can maybe see a reason for dressing in ways more appropriate to the weather/season.
    But Jay can use his powers to regulate the environmental conditions around his body, so it's just an affectation to give him multiple outfits for the different seasons. (What would be next . . . constantly changing his costume to reflect the "in" color?)

AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Nice. I wonder who will play him. Although it won't happen I think John Wesley Shipp is pretty damn perfect.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice. I wonder who will play him. Although it won't happen I think John Wesley Shipp is pretty damn perfect.
    Definitely agree on JWS. He was criminally underused in the new show. However, I will look forward to seeing more Jay Garrick in live action!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

With guys like Batman who don't have powers, I can maybe see a reason for dressing in ways more appropriate to the weather/season.
    But Jay can use his powers to regulate the environmental conditions around his body, so it's just an affectation to give him multiple outfits for the different seasons. (What would be next . . . constantly changing his costume to reflect the "in" color?)
    Why are you looking at it so matter of fact like? It's comics, different looks happen. I'm not saying Jay needs it every time it's cold out or that it should be his new costume. Just that it's a cool visual that COULD be used every once in a while. You seem to be getting really worked up over the idea of Jay showing up in a jacket. It's just a neat little visual thing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I remember there were rumors or near confirmation about Alan too.

Be awesome if true .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember there were rumors or near confirmation about Alan too.

Be awesome if true .
    That would be amazing!! Definitely looking forward to this show.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I'm glad to hear this show is still happening.

Wasn't sure with all the turmoil at DC now. And especially since this is a Johns led project and with him being shut out by Didio now. Johns also deleted his Instagram account. Not good signs.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I'm glad to hear this show is still happening.

Wasn't sure with all the turmoil at DC now. And especially since this is a Johns led project and with him being shut out by Didio now. Johns also deleted his Instagram account. Not good signs.
    Well anything can happen.............so while I am very excited about this show, I'm not holding my breath and will believe it when it finally airs. Even then I won't be fully comfortable, look what happened to Swamp Thing.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Why are you looking at it so matter of fact like? It's comics, different looks happen. I'm not saying Jay needs it every time it's cold out or that it should be his new costume. Just that it's a cool visual that COULD be used every once in a while. You seem to be getting really worked up over the idea of Jay showing up in a jacket. It's just a neat little visual thing.
    And I repeat: in Jay's case, it seems stupid and pointless to have a different look to his outfit just for the seasons. He's not a vain fashion-conscious type of guy, is he?

And I repeat: in Jay's case, it seems stupid and pointless to have a different look to his outfit just for the seasons. He's not a vain fashion-conscious type of guy, is he?
    Well the god awful new 52 earth 2 version could be......
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Well anything can happen.............so while I am very excited about this show, I'm not holding my breath and will believe it when it finally airs. Even then I won't be fully comfortable, look what happened to Swamp Thing.
    Having not watched Swamp Thing I have to ask - what happened to Swamp Thing?
    It's like whether or not Superman has red trunks on any given run these days, or Batman's yellow oval or blue vs black cape and cowl. Sometimes minor costume changes are just fun despite being pointless, and frankly DC could stand to do that more often with characters. Have his main costume be ruined or destroyed for a spell so he has to wear a new one for a bit. Have someone give him a scarf or something and he incorporates that into his costume for purely sentimental reasons. There's just no reason to over analyze this stuff or ask if he really needs this, the fact that occasional costume changes are fun is the only reason needed.

Now for what brought me to this thread - not counting New 52 Earth 2 which I've heard was terrible, has any modern comic books (say this millennium) gone back to a younger Jay in his prime, beyond just a couple pages of flashback? Or is DC only interested in Garrick being the old guy and not digging into his old past and younger days?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Having not watched Swamp Thing I have to ask - what happened to Swamp Thing?
    Despite being well received it was announced as cancelled, after the first episode aired. They did show the rest of the season, but that was cut shorter than originally planned. Now with that being said, I understand the reasoning which was due to ridiculous cost to film per show. Still it does leave me a bit cautious in hoping that Stargirl will actually see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Now for what brought me to this thread - not counting New 52 Earth 2 which I've heard was terrible, has any modern comic books (say this millennium) gone back to a younger Jay in his prime, beyond just a couple pages of flashback? Or is DC only interested in Garrick being the old guy and not digging into his old past and younger days?
    Jay has not really appeared at all since the new 52. He appeared in a Flash/Batman crossover called, "The Button" for like a page and a half before disappearing into the speed force. He also appeared in a few panels of Doomsday Clock but they were all flash backs. He is supposed to be appearing in next months issue of Justice League by Scott Snyder, we will see how old he and the rest of the JSA are then.

Young or old, I don't really care I just want my favorite DC character back!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters: