Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    I like both versions enough, but the living-in-an-alternate timeline origin is not destructive to the original; it's a branch.

It reinforces time travel as a Flash theme, and the importance of the Barry-Eobard conflict throughout history.

Basically, it deleted nothing and adds a lot. Much like the post-Crisis Sinestro-as-Hal's-trainer retcon.
    This is pretty much how I feel. I just wish the writers would acknowledge that this is the alternate timeline for Barry and let him completely move on from his mom's death.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I like both versions enough, but the living-in-an-alternate timeline origin is not destructive to the original; it's a branch.

It reinforces time travel as a Flash theme, and the importance of the Barry-Eobard conflict throughout history.

Basically, it deleted nothing and adds a lot. Much like the post-Crisis Sinestro-as-Hal's-trainer retcon.
    Younger fans barely have any exposure to the original Silver Age origin, unless they do the work and seek out the older material. People being people, comparatively few do.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Younger fans barely have any exposure to the original Silver Age origin, unless they do the work and seek out the older material. People being people, comparatively few do.

Kind of sad to think most people think of Barry as a guy with a dead mom and imprisoned father as major aspects of his origin .

I hear you. But the "original origins" from decades ago tend to suffer revision suppression. If that's an expression.

In a way, Barry Allen as we knew him survived the crisis - they didn't bother to revise his origins because he was dead. Well, now that's no longer true. Now there's another mouse on that wheel, going round and round.

I hear you. But the "original origins" from decades ago tend to suffer revision suppression. If that's an expression.

In a way, Barry Allen as we knew him survived the crisis - they didn't bother to revise his origins because he was dead. Well, now that's no longer true. Now there's another mouse on that wheel, going round and round.
    The funny thing is that because of CONVERGENCE, there was a time when Silver/Bronze Age Pre-COIE Barry Allen and New 52 Barry Allen coexisted, though they never came face-to-face.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Never quite in love with all the lines on the suit...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never quite in love with all the lines on the suit...
    the lines seem ok if done on a sculpture...

johnny posted a cool video over at the hal boards.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    the lines seem ok if done on a sculpture...

johnny posted a cool video over at the hal boards.
    Agreed, they don't look half-bad here .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of sad to think most people think of Barry as a guy with a dead mom and imprisoned father as major aspects of his origin .
    I honestly didn’t know he had a different origin. That’s the only version I knew.

BANNED

The funny thing is that because of CONVERGENCE, there was a time when Silver/Bronze Age Pre-COIE Barry Allen and New 52 Barry Allen coexisted, though they never came face-to-face.

That would have been an interesting meeting between the past and new 52 Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I honestly didn’t know he had a different origin. That’s the only version I knew.
    Barry's original origin was fresh and simple: he was a young police scientist who had been working for the Central City Department for a few years, and had already been dating Iris West for some time. Both his parents were alive and well, living in their hometown of Fallville, Iowa while Barry lived and worked in Central City. A comic book geek since childhood, Barry idolized Jay Garrick and read about Jay's adventures in FLASH COMICS. One night, a bolt of lightning came through the window of his laboratory and changed Barry's life forever.

Within a few days of gaining superspeed, Barry had the costume, ring (both self-made), and the Flash moniker. A year or so into his career, Barry became one of the founders of the Justice League of America and took Wally West on as his sidekick, Kid Flash.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Same with GL I don't know much about The Flash so this is all I got from DC's new blurry timeline

Generation 2 The Space Age 15-year time window
    Year 1 Batman and Superman debuts
    Year 2 Barry Allen debuts as The Flash
    Year 3 Wally West debuts as Kid Flash
    Year 5 Something Flash of Two Worlds? I can only make out the "two"
    Year 11 Professor Zoom something?
    Year 13 Barry Kills Professor Zoom? - You guys need to confirm on this one. I think I remember Barry being tried right before Crisis but I'm not sure.
    Year 15 Crisis on Infinite Earths - Barry dies - Wally West debuts as The Flash

Generation 3 The Age of Crisis 15-year time window
    Year 6 Zero Hour
    Year 11 Infinite Crisis
    Year 15 Blackest Night - Flashpoint - Barry Returns

Generation 4 The Flashpoint Age 5-year timeline - confirmed as Didio posted a clear version
    Year 2 Wally and Bart disappear into Time Stream
    Year 3 Rebirth - Wally returns
    Year 4 Dark Nights Metal - Bart Returns

Astonishing Member

Thawne killed Iris, then a few years later Barry (accidentally) killed Thawne.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Thawne killed Iris, then a few years later Barry (accidentally) killed Thawne.
    Ah. "Professor Zoom kills Iris" fits the Gen 2 Year 11 number and size of words. Honestly, I can only make out "Professor" and conclude that it has to be Zoom.