Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Barry Allen: The Flash (Silver/Bronze Ages + current) Appreciation 2019

NOTE: This is a continuation of the previous "Sorry I'm Late!: Barry Allen Appreciation" thread, which can be read here:

From the original thread (started back in April of 2014 by Pharozonk),
    DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------

This thread is dedicated to the one and only Barry Allen, the Fastest Man Alive! As a staunch supporter of peace in Flash fandom, I thought this thread would be a good place for Barry fans to discuss the character without the stain of the recent Wally West controversy. To inaugurate this thread, some pictures!

And, if I may add,

from Who's Who Vol. VIII (October 1985)

Happy New Year Flash! Run Barry Run .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I saw Barry was him running away from Death Racer in Final Crisis. This was during the time where I was still asking which Flash is which. I knew one died but I didn't know who, and Wally being there was not helping XD

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The first time I saw Barry was him running away from Death Racer in Final Crisis. This was during the time where I was still asking which Flash is which. I knew one died but I didn't know who, and Wally being there was not helping XD
    was this it?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    was this it?

Is there another one? ^^

The second time I saw him was when he's already revived. He's confusing Robin Tim with Robin Jason since when he was alive Jason was Robin, but I forgot which book it was. Blackest Night, I think. He was talking to Hal in a cemetery.

1c5f94112b1313b6f7b16872a46d69b2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Yes.

Oh, it's Batman's grave.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Is there another one? ^^

The second time I saw him was when he's already revived. He's confusing Robin Tim with Robin Jason since when he was alive Jason was Robin, but I forgot which book it was. Blackest Night, I think. He was talking to Hal in a cemetery.
    Barry was so out of the loop when he first came back that he thought *Dick* was still Robin. It's true that Jason was Robin at the time of COIE when Barry died, but Barry had been so busy with his own problems (e.g. the death of Reverse Flash and Barry's subsequent trial for that death) in the months leading up to COIE that it likely completely escaped him that there had been a changing of the Robins. Barry didn't see much of Batman during those months, and at most, perhaps Wally might have mentioned something about Dick becoming Nightwing and a new kid (Jason) taking over as Robin.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Barry was so out of the loop when he first came back that he thought *Dick* was still Robin. It's true that Jason was Robin at the time of COIE when Barry died, but Barry had been so busy with his own problems (e.g. the death of Reverse Flash and Barry's subsequent trial for that death) in the months leading up to COIE that it likely completely escaped him that there had been a changing of the Robins. Barry didn't see much of Batman during those months, and at most, perhaps Wally might have mentioned something about Dick becoming Nightwing and a new kid (Jason) taking over as Robin.

it's crazy that barry's been dead for the longest time. he's probably one of the longest heroes both in dc and marvel that took the longest to be brought back.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    it's crazy that barry's been dead for the longest time. he's probably one of the longest heroes both in dc and marvel that took the longest to be brought back.
    Twenty-two years from 1986 to 2008. That's long, but Bucky still has him beaten. Bucky was gone for like four decades before returning as the Winter Soldier.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Twenty-two years from 1986 to 2008. That's long, but Bucky still has him beaten. Bucky was gone for like four decades before returning as the Winter Soldier.

that's 22 years. crazy.

and barry's been back since 2008? it doesn't feel like 10 years. funny how time flies unnoticed.

Barry Allen: The Flash from Alex Ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-15-2019 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

^ Speaking of that, we're even getting a figure of that version

145b8ed8-f77c-4f4f-948e-11c99ef01ba6.jpg
    Last edited by SpeedforceKj; 01-23-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedforceKj View Post
    ^ Speaking of that, we're even getting a figure of that version

145b8ed8-f77c-4f4f-948e-11c99ef01ba6.jpg
    i like the lightning bot ears pointing towards the back. it makes more sense.

the figures do seem to be inspired by the masters of the universe.