Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Has Williamson finished the other forces arc yet? I was enjoying the book until that mess took center stage.
    No, like most other plot points from the run it's relevancy comes and goes. It just recently went, but will undoubtedly be back.

I liked Fuerza and Pscyh well enough but I'm still not really sold on the other Forces or this "Force War."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Not really. I've never found that being the Flash was a measuring contest of who actually runs the fastest. Even during the Silver Age, I felt that Jay was a bit quicker than Barry (notice how in the classic "Flash of Two Worlds," it was Jay, not Barry who first reached the man who was in danger of being crushed by the falling steel beam). What made Barry special and unique was the scientific understanding that he brought to superspeed. He was also (Pre-FLASHPOINT) the master of time-travel, phasing through solid objects via superspeed vibration, and phasing into different parallel dimensions. Barry was the inventor of the Cosmic Treadmill and the costume ring. Jay and Wally were faster and had their own unique abilities and idiosyncracies, but Barry was Mr. Science (Flash Facts!) when it came to superspeed.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    THIS!

Flash Fact spouting, science nerd Barry is something that this series has completely missed the boat on.
    Barry NEVER cared about being the 'fastest'. That's childish.
    He loved having speed, but he also loved studying the science behind it too.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    If Barry's Flash is not the fastest man alive, does anyone else think it undermines The Flash as well as Barry Allen?
    Not really. In aggregate, Barry Allen is the Flash - "the Fastest Man Alive". That tagline will remain regardless of whatever technical contradictions stem from modern stories.

They'll throw bones to the other characters as consolation prizes or to hype new characters - calling a new Flash "even faster than Barry!!" to prop then up. But long term, it really doesn't (or shouldn't) matter.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Not really. In aggregate, Barry Allen is the Flash - "the Fastest Man Alive". That tagline will remain regardless of whatever technical contradictions stem from modern stories.

They'll throw bones to the other characters as consolation prizes or to hype new characters - calling a new Flash "even faster than Barry!!" to prop then up. But long term, it really doesn't (or shouldn't) matter.
    Heck, on the CW TV series, *every* speedster who shows up seems faster than Barry; it's become a running joke on the show.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

Are Barry and Iris still together in the current comics? And are they married or not?

Heck, on the CW TV series, *every* speedster who shows up seems faster than Barry; it's become a running joke on the show.

Yup. It's almost a rich DC tradition. You can tell who the main DC superhero is because it's the one they have to downplay or job to prop up the new or secondary characters.

Superman's gotta hold the record for this, but TV Barry is definitely climbing the list.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Are Barry and Iris still together in the current comics? And are they married or not?
    I think they're currently "on break."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're currently "on break."
    Seems like this has been a holding pattern since 2011.

Incredible Member

That's lame. These two were already married for so long, what's the objection to letting them of all people just be married?

That's lame. These two were already married for so long, what's the objection to letting them of all people just be married?
    You're preaching to the choir.

I don't know...except for Clark and Lois, DC has been very allergic to the idea lately.

Incredible Member

I don't know...except for Clark and Lois, DC has been very allergic to the idea lately.

I don't understand that at all...but for Barry and Iris especially, since they were like a known married couple for decades BEFORE Lois and Clark, that's really bizarre that they wouldn't just resume their original status quo.

I don't understand that at all...but for Barry and Iris especially, since they were like a known married couple for decades BEFORE Lois and Clark, that's really bizarre that they wouldn't just resume their original status quo.
    DC's editorial is under the belief that being single of just dating makes characters more relatable because you know no one can relate to married people.
    It's pretty much the same belief that destroyed Spider-Man's marriage.

To be honest, part of it is I think the feeling that Barry needs to constantly be miserable or face adversity just so he can try and regain his happiness and optimism for the umpteenth time.