Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 275
  1. #76
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    610

    Default

    That panel killed me. That and Barry being alone at the end.

    Is it too much to ask for a happy Barry Allen ?

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    That panel killed me. That and Barry being alone at the end.

    Is it too much to ask for a happy Barry Allen ?
    Right?! Tired of the grim dark DCU. The Flash as a character and it doesn't matter who is holding the mantle, is not a dark character!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Absolute Carnage, Justice League, & Shazam!

  3. #78
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    That panel killed me. That and Barry being alone at the end.

    Is it too much to ask for a happy Barry Allen ?
    I've been asking myself that question for a while now...

  4. #79
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    610

    Default

    I'm so tired of this. I don't care who's the Flash, I don't care who's the fastest, I just want The Flash to be The Flash, a nice guy doing the right thing with his family. If I want a Batman-like character in red suit, I already have Daredevil.

    I really want to give a chance to Year One arc but this is really sad to see what DC is doing to Barry Allen.

    Please, let him have a big win. Just for once.

  5. #80
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Now Barry can join Bruce in the 'broken hero who can't save anyone and makes everything word's club.

    DC is going out of their way to make their heroes look pathetic and incompetent.

  6. #81
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    610

    Default

    One a positive note, the Barry Allen I love :



    Can't stop reading and watching New Frontier because of Barry. He truly is the heart of the DCU.

  7. #82
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    One a positive note, the Barry Allen I love :



    Can't stop reading and watching New Frontier because of Barry. He truly is the heart of the DCU.
    I kind of always imagine Barry being a bit too OCD and a neat/organization freak to allow his apartment to get all messy like that, bachelor or not. Classic Barry was always meticulous about his clothes, his comics collection, etc.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    One would wonder what would Grant Morrison say about Barry Allen ?

  9. #84
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    One a positive note, the Barry Allen I love :



    Can't stop reading and watching New Frontier because of Barry. He truly is the heart of the DCU.
    Nevermind, didn't see bottom text.

  10. #85
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    What do y’all make of the epilogue of this week’s issue?

  11. #86
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What do y’all make of the epilogue of this week’s issue?
    Someone else is pulling the strings. Not sure if its connected to Bane's plan to break Batman, the mystery man from the future who Godspeed is working for or something entirely new.

  12. #87
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,260

    Default

    What Iris did here was completely out of character given the last couple of storylines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What do y’all make of the epilogue of this week’s issue?
    It softens the blow a bit to know all the major drama going on now isn't the characters fault but a higher power manipulating things, it does feel like a cheap way of excusing the writing though. It means nobody has to adhere to any guidelines. What's connective tissue without any real character consistency to go with it?

  13. #88
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I kind of always imagine Barry being a bit too OCD and a neat/organization freak to allow his apartment to get all messy like that, bachelor or not. Classic Barry was always meticulous about his clothes, his comics collection, etc.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Agreed. But I still love the artwork of Darwyn Cooke, and DC: The New Frontier is a modern-day classic.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-28-2019 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

  14. #89
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've been asking myself that question for a while now...
    If Williamson doesn't start fixing this soon then he has to go. I've enjoyed the last few issues but to have Barry alone and brooding at the end of this arc is too much. The biggest issue that I have had with Williamson is that there is nothing of lasting change with Barry. At the start of Force Quest he and Iris were happy and supposed to be together through thick and thin. This is just more of what he has done in the past with the character. A lot of backtracking with his character arc. It isn't dissimilar to how Manapul always talked about "moving forward" but then Barry would be brooding at the end of the arc again.

  15. #90
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    If Williamson doesn't start fixing this soon then he has to go. I've enjoyed the last few issues but to have Barry alone and brooding at the end of this arc is too much. The biggest issue that I have had with Williamson is that there is nothing of lasting change with Barry. At the start of Force Quest he and Iris were happy and supposed to be together through thick and thin. This is just more of what he has done in the past with the character. A lot of backtracking with his character arc. It isn't dissimilar to how Manapul always talked about "moving forward" but then Barry would be brooding at the end of the arc again.
    It's pretty clear to me the Barry and Iris drama is a Didio mandate. I would'nt be so quick to blame Williamson for this at all, we know the Green Arrow writers were instructed to end the book a certain way also.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •