Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I hate myself for doing it but after this week's HiC and Final part of the Crossover with Batman leaving Barry back at New 52 Status Quo I called up my LCS and dropped the Flash despite having relatively enjoyed Williamson's run for the majority of it, The fact that DiDio is infecting the DCU with his New 52 Status Quo again is becoming more and more obvious, infact I expect a Lois and Clark Formal Breakup by the end of the year.

Hoping that if we can get past the New 52 Status Quo again then I'll be able to read the rest of Williamson's Run
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-28-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I hate myself for doing it but after this week's HiC and Final part of the Crossover with Batman leaving Barry back at New 52 Status Quo I called up my LCS and dropped the Flash despite having relatively enjoyed Williamson's run for the majority of it, The fact that DiDio is infecting the DCU with his New 52 Status Quo again is becoming more and more obvious, infact I expect a Lois and Clark Formal Breakup by the end of the year.

Hoping that if we can get past the New 52 Status Quo again then I'll be able to read the rest of Williamson's Run
    Sad thing is, is that Rebirth was Geoff Johns' child, but now the only comics he has control over are Shazam and Doomsday Clock.

Short of DiDio getting the boot, and someone like Johns stepping back in, I sadly don't see this changing back to the hopeful side anytime soon.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If Rebirth was supposed to build toward Doomsday clock, weren’t things gonna get dark regardless of whose in charge?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If Rebirth was supposed to build toward Doomsday clock, weren’t things gonna get dark regardless of whose in charge?
    Geoff mde a point of this in the early promotion for Doomsday Clock. He said the characters would be "off" by the time you got to it, and the epilogue of this issue reveals something is causing DC heroes (and possibly even civilians in Iris' case) to act out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    If Williamson doesn't start fixing this soon then he has to go. I've enjoyed the last few issues but to have Barry alone and brooding at the end of this arc is too much. The biggest issue that I have had with Williamson is that there is nothing of lasting change with Barry. At the start of Force Quest he and Iris were happy and supposed to be together through thick and thin. This is just more of what he has done in the past with the character. A lot of backtracking with his character arc. It isn't dissimilar to how Manapul always talked about "moving forward" but then Barry would be brooding at the end of the arc again.
    That's the thing that gets me with Williamson is that everyime Barry seems to take a step forward in either his personality or personal life it always takes two steps back in a few arcs.

It just gets a little tiring after a while, especially with all the drama.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

In that other thread, we discussed how humor in Barry Allen's adventures as the Flash came more from the stuff that happened around Barry than from Barry himself. Here are some classic moments that prove it:

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Barry used to get into the weirdest fixes:

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Barry used to get into the weirdest fixes:

I think the TV show even referenced both of these covers at some point .

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post

sorry to hear that man. but i understand why you did it.

not sure if things will look up within the year...

anybody here thinks that barry's statement to batman would escalate? or will that direction be just dropped after heroes in crisis.

After all the force stories and The Price/HiC stuff, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Trickster arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    After all the force stories and The Price/HiC stuff, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Trickster arc.

And Barry gets to fight one of his old villains again .

^^^^ That’s tough right there.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Awesome pic .

Feels like it's been a while since we got a legitimate Superman/Flash race. The last one I can think of was that one-shot with Supergirl and Jesse Quick.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's the thing that gets me with Williamson is that everyime Barry seems to take a step forward in either his personality or personal life it always takes two steps back in a few arcs.

It just gets a little tiring after a while, especially with all the drama.
    I LITERALLY just wrote about this!!
    That has been my major gripe about Williamson's run. There's been a SERIOUS lack of joy in the book. For a bloke who can be anywhere in the world in a blink of an eye, he's pretty miserable all the time.
    When did we last see Barry use his power for something trivial like shooting across the globe for Chinese with Iris?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.