Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 275
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    Actor Ezra Miller is teaming up with comic book writer Grant Morrison to pen a new screenplay for the Flash solo movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Whether the new script meets Warner Bros.'s approval could determine if he remains on to star in the long-gestating DC project, reports the Hollywood trade.
    https://www.newsarama.com/44339-erza...pt-report.html

  2. #107
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    It would be kind of hilarious if the movie is where we finally get Grant Morrison's Flash .

  3. #108
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    This would be encouraging except reports are that Ezra rejected the last script because it wasn't dark enough. He wants a darker movie. I don't want dark, moody Flash. The tv show veers down that road way too often as it is.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  4. #109
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This would be encouraging except reports are that Ezra rejected the last script because it wasn't dark enough. He wants a darker movie. I don't want dark, moody Flash. The tv show veers down that road way too often as it is.
    Or the comics. I miss non-depressing Barry/The Flash .

  5. #110
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    I guess the question is what does "dark" mean. If it just means darker themes and tones then I'm with everyone rejecting it. If he just wants the character to be treated and act a bit more seriously and mature since he's playing Barry Allen and not a Peter Parker knockoff then I'd agree with him.

  6. #111
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or the comics. I miss non-depressing Barry/The Flash .
    Bowtie-wearing, late-for-his-dates, comics-collecting Barry.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  7. #112
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I guess the question is what does "dark" mean. If it just means darker themes and tones then I'm with everyone rejecting it. If he just wants the character to be treated and act a bit more seriously and mature since he's playing Barry Allen and not a Peter Parker knockoff then I'd agree with him.
    I mean...that's kind of what they've already setup Miller's Flash as being like. If he's conscious enough to be aware of the issue, then great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Bowtie-wearing, late-for-his-dates, comics-collecting Barry.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    (Thumbs Up) .

  8. #113
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department H
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Anyone else excited for Barry to finally get the year one treatment? What are you hoping to see covered?

    I'm hoping for early battles with Captain Cold and Mirror Master and some Jay Garrick love. Maybe even some sort of Flash of Two Worlds adaptation for the finale.
    This sounds amazing. Who’s the creative team for this?

  9. #114
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of hilarious if the movie is where we finally get Grant Morrison's Flash .
    That is the encouraging part of this news for me. I'm worried that he is already clashing with the directors. However if we get a Grant Morrison influenced Flash story then that is encouraging. I just really hope we get a different version than what we saw in JL. Something more evolved and confident. With subtleties... LIKE not running like someone almost handicapped. It will be interesting to see how much space they give Miller. He isn't Margot Robbie. Although it is starting to seem like his ego might just be as big.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean...that's kind of what they've already setup Miller's Flash as being like. If he's conscious enough to be aware of the issue, then great.

    (Thumbs Up) .
    He seems like a smart guy but he is also seems a little set in his ways. Everyone always said that he was suited to "darker" roles... which he excels at. But how dark can the Flash get?

  10. #115
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I LITERALLY just wrote about this!!
    That has been my major gripe about Williamson's run. There's been a SERIOUS lack of joy in the book. For a bloke who can be anywhere in the world in a blink of an eye, he's pretty miserable all the time.
    When did we last see Barry use his power for something trivial like shooting across the globe for Chinese with Iris?
    I've said this TOO! Which I why I enjoy the run at times but see the flaws for sure. It isn't character development if no change happens and he backtracks to what he was doing/thinking right before the arc. I think Williamson's stories need to move at a faster pace. The only exception was probably Flash War.

  11. #116
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This sounds amazing. Who’s the creative team for this?
    Williamson and Howard Porter. From the solicitations I think The Turtle might be the main villain.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  12. #117
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    He seems like a smart guy but he is also seems a little set in his ways. Everyone always said that he was suited to "darker" roles... which he excels at. But how dark can the Flash get?
    I think it can get pretty dark, but the more you dwell on that the less it feels like The Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Williamson and Howard Porter. From the solicitations I think The Turtle might be the main villain.
    Although it seems like we'll see the start of The Rogues as well.

  13. #118
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it can get pretty dark, but the more you dwell on that the less it feels like The Flash.

    Although it seems like we'll see the start of The Rogues as well.
    Yes, definitely. Personally, I like the idea of The Turtle or Turtle Man as the main villain. Williamson hasn't used him yet (and can't really with Snyder using him in the present day) and he was the first villain Barry fought, so it feels thematically appropriate.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  14. #119
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yes, definitely. Personally, I like the idea of The Turtle or Turtle Man as the main villain. Williamson hasn't used him yet (and can't really with Snyder using him in the present day) and he was the first villain Barry fought, so it feels thematically appropriate.
    I think he's definitely looking to be the ovearching villain of the Year One book, fittingly as he was the first villain Barry ever fought.

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,665

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •