Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I guess the question is what does "dark" mean. If it just means darker themes and tones then I'm with everyone rejecting it. If he just wants the character to be treated and act a bit more seriously and mature since he's playing Barry Allen and not a Peter Parker knockoff then I'd agree with him.
    WORD.

One can only hope. . That being said I would love it if they re-cast the part, so we can see more of the Barry Allen from the Flashpoint film I fell in love with.

wait, march 19 was barry's birthday?

Mighty Member

I know some people were feeling frustrated with the direction of the title after The Price (and rightly so), but I am absolutely loving this new Trickster arc. Happy, smiling, Trickster zombies are a fun threat. And the dourness of The Price has gone away.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

LOL! looking at old issues, just came by this, from Flash #229 (1974) three years before Star Wars , Flash meets Princess Leia from another dimension.

Darolla Kan of Alkomar.
    She's actually a pretty great idea, and a charming character; shifted from another dimension, where super-speed is the norm, so to her, everyone here just seems eerily slowed down, except Barry.
    They quickly become friends, and allies, her fascinated by how he uses his speed. Although for her to interact in (be part of) our dimension, she must slow down. Unfortunately they discover, her vibrating and maintaining a slower speed, has a side effect of causing random explosions which put civilians in danger.
    Barry suggests that they can find a solution, but I don't know that she was ever brought back to find out?
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-01-2019 at 09:15 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

That might have been a reprint. I think the Darolla Kan stories first appeared during the early to mid-1960s. And there's no doubt that Princess Leia's notorious hairstyle from STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE was inspired by Darolla Kan.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    That might have been a reprint. I think the Darolla Kan stories first appeared during the early to mid-1960s. And there's no doubt that Princess Leia's notorious hairstyle from STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE was inspired by Darolla Kan.

The idea of something from a Flash comic inspiring Star Wars is like the ultimate full-circle moment for a geek like Barry Allen .

That might have been a reprint. I think the Darolla Kan stories first appeared during the early to mid-1960s.
    The Flash #145 (June 1964) to be precise. scans above are from #229 just in case there is a difference)
    Curious, other than the reprint, did she ever return, or was referenced again?

And there's no doubt that Princess Leia's notorious hairstyle from STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE was inspired by Darolla Kan.
    Curious has he ever referenced it directly? Or Flash at all? There certainly is a chance he saw it and just subconsciously retained it.
    I believe both he (and McQuary) do reference Flash Gordon specifically (Alex Raymond's and the Movie serials) as influence.

And of course there was this quote, as to her hairdo. And the image(the one with her father) in the Lucas archives.

Last edited by Güicho; 04-03-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    The Flash #145 (June 1964) to be precise. scans above are from #229 just in case there is a difference)
    Curious, other than the reprint, did she ever return, or was referenced again?
    I don't think she has. It would be interesting to have her return to the comics today...or, better yet, have her appear on the FLASH TV series, complete with Princess Leia hairdo, and have Cisco (assuming he's still going to be around after this season) make smartass geeky remarks about STAR WARS.

The beginning:

So many ironic images...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post