Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Say you were a police officer in Gotham...

Would you work with The Batman or would you try to bring him in for his taking the law into his own hands ways? Would the Joker, Mr. Freeze, and Two-face scare you enough to work with a vigilante? So I am guessing what I am asking are what are your thoughts on The Batman?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"I'd say, old boy, let the freaks fight the freaks."

I'd put in for a transfer. Aside from named cops like Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock, cops don't have the best life expectancy in Gotham. Too many willing cop-killing psychos running around. Maybe get a job in Metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'd put in for a transfer. Aside from named cops like Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock, cops don't have the best life expectancy in Gotham. Too many willing cop-killing psychos running around. Maybe get a job in Metropolis.
    I'm with you. I'd transfer out of Gotham the first chance I had.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    This, i'm not gonna get murdered by some wacko that has a fetish for ballpoint pens and stuffed animals.

Honestly ?

I would try to find a way to ditch the country.

98% of metahuman events happen in the U.S. and the remaining 2% happens in foreign capitals, so moving to another country and avoiding the capital cities, you're pretty much safe from costumade freaks, aliens and other dimensions invading your home.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm going to answer given the pretense that I can't just leave.

Honestly? I'd probably cave and shoot the Joker in his smug skull, however cold blooded the act, just to finally be rid of him. Murder? Absolutely. Would I be guilt-ridden for doing it? Probably. Would I be glad he's finally gone? Sure.

Considering how the law works in Gotham, I may just walk for it too. That said, it's comics. The only way the universe would allow him to actually catch that bullet is if it had someone worse waiting to fill the vacuum.

As for what a cop would think about Batman? I'm sure it's conflicted given how awful Gotham is, but ultimately he's friends with Superman, who is essentially the moral compass of the DCU and it's primary champion. If Superman vouches for Batman, I'd probably be alright with him running around in Gotham. We have to operate within the DCU's rules, because otherwise he's a lunatic who is guilty of larceny, breaking and entering, aggravated assault (often with deadly weapons), obstructing justice, public endangerment and a whole host of other laws. This is before we consider he's a obscenely rich, heterosexual white man distributing his wealth to the destitute and mentally ill through five knuckles with extreme prejudice instead of positive reform programs that would actually help the people of Gotham. If Batman existed in the real world, I'd want him locked up. He's a terrorist and menace to society who answers to no-one.

But pretty much any superhero stops being fun when you apply the real world to them.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If the strange guy wearing a bat in his chest he wants to throw hands with the insane clowns, DAs, and other nut jobs so that I don’t have to, I say let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If the strange guy wearing a bat in his chest he wants to throw hands with the insane clowns, DAs, and other nut jobs so that I don’t have to, I say let him.
    A good answer lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Hey if he can keep me from being killed by those wackos I say let him have at it.

Along these lines, what would be the DA's view, if you had that job, on the Bat family. Or a regular civilian?

If I was the da I would hate The Batman. I mean its not like he is showing up in court to testify against the joker.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Hey if he can keep me from being killed by those wackos I say let him have at it.

Along these lines, what would be the DA's view, if you had that job, on the Bat family. Or a regular civilian?
    If I was the DA publically I’d be against them but in private id be glad somebody is there to stop them.

If I was a civilian I’d just be glad they were there to stop them.

Fantastic Member

Look the other way he is doing the job the corrupt politicians or other officers if you are honest on the take of the criminals are not doing. Though publically you just give the standard anti vigilante spiel and privately support him if you are an honest cop but the corrupt ones would hate him

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Would you work with The Batman or would you try to bring him in for his taking the law into his own hands ways?
    What is the actually effectiveness of Gotham PD? If Gotham police are capable of arresting these villains then yes I am trying to bring in Batman. If Batman is proven really only way of capturing these guys then I would leave him alone

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Would the Joker, Mr. Freeze, and Two-face scare you enough to work with a vigilante?
    Would Batman villains scare me enough to work with vigilante? Clayface, Man Bat, or Killer Croc maybe but Humans dress up costumes who have committed multiple crimes not really. Joker,Two Face, Penguin are pretty much deathly force whenever they show up. The fiction has to play up that cops are somewhat ineffective but think about real cops shoot people who are running away from them.Joker would drown in bullets on sight from the police

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The fiction has to play up that cops are somewhat ineffective but think about real cops shoot people who are running away from them.Joker would drown in bullets on sight from the police
    Yeah, but this thread is about you being in the fiction. Not bringing the joker into the real world.

Imagine being a new cop and being transfered into gotham, youll be doing foot patrols in a low income neighborhood, good luck!!

PS: dont forget your baton.