Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInQueens View Post
    At the time Adventure 462 (?) came out, was anyone surprised they killed of the Earth Two Batman?
    "Surprised"?
    Trying to remember back to Adventure Comics #461-462, I don't really think so. At that time, Bruce was essentially retired in his role as Batman. Dick had taken over the job (but was still "Robin") of costumed crime-fighter (though he wasn't always based out of Gotham City) and Bruce was now the Police Commissioner in Gotham City.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

From DETECTIVE COMICS #36. Batman knocks out Hugo Strange.

Bathugo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    August, Feb, August, Feb, September... those are pretty long intervals but not much delay for Vol. 5. No news on february solicitation?
    By the way, amazon.com currently has a listing for Volume 6 being available in September 2019:

Batman: The Golden Age Vol. 6 Paperback – September 17, 2019

The adventures of Batman and Robin reach the mid-1940s with these fast-paced tales.

The adventures of Batman and Robin continue into the mid-1940s with these stories, collected in trade paperback for the first time. In these stories from the pages of Batman #21-25, Detective Comics #82-92 and World's Finest #12-14, the Dynamic Duo head out west to stop a gang of cattle rustlers, untangle the upside down crimes of The Joker and face a gang of crooks who use football plays to inspire their crimes.
    ISBN-10: 1401294162
    ISBN-13: 978-1401294168
    List Price = $24.99

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, amazon.com currently has a listing for Volume 6 being available in September 2019:
    Great to hear. I'm reading the Golden Age for the first time. Right now I'm on volume 3. Should be done with 4&5 by September though. I'm just shocked at how different this Batman is. Where I'm at right now there is no Alfred, no Wayne Manor, no Bat-Cave, very little relationship with Gordon, Clayface isn't a shapeshifter, etc. It's been an interesting read so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan Beyond View Post
    Great to hear. I'm reading the Golden Age for the first time. Right now I'm on volume 3. Should be done with 4&5 by September though. I'm just shocked at how different this Batman is. Where I'm at right now there is no Alfred, no Wayne Manor, no Bat-Cave, very little relationship with Gordon, Clayface isn't a shapeshifter, etc. It's been an interesting read so far.
    In case you weren't already aware, Alfred wasn't quite the Alfred we've come to know when he's introduced in Batman #16 (April-May 1943):

Amazing Member

In case you weren't already aware, Alfred wasn't quite the Alfred we've come to know when he's introduced in Batman #16 (April-May 1943):

I remember reading somewhere that the 40's serials were responsible for creating the Alfred we're all familiar with. Idk if that's true.

When I just checked, the listing on amazon.com now has the date as "January 21, 2020".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan Beyond View Post
    My opinion, Basil Karlo was far more terrifying a Clayface when he was just wearing fright makeup to startle and petrify his victims into fear, before hacking them up with a giant knife.

I'd suggest either Batman Archives, which went up at least for Batman in Detective Comics up to 1951, or this looks really good, contains both Detective and Batman up to 1951.

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...-omnibus-vol-7

Incredible Member

As for "preferably cheap", that I can't help you with. All depends on what format(s) / what price(s) you're willing to go with.
    How about the issue, Secret Origins #6 in itself? I've got one myself, usually the standard late eighties Secret Origins issues are usually found a few dollars each, possibly even a dollar each if can be found in a lucky Comic Book Convention bin.
    Last edited by ngroove; 05-12-2019 at 09:34 PM.

In honor of Memorial Day 2019 here in the U.S. today,

Batman #12 (August-September 1942)

Batman #17 (June-July 1943)

Batman #30 (August-September 1945)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 06-03-2023 at 08:20 AM. Reason: replaced missing images

The adventures of Batman and Robin reach the mid-1940s with these fast-paced tales.

The adventures of Batman and Robin continue into the mid-1940s with these stories, collected in trade paperback for the first time. In these stories from the pages of Batman #21-25, Detective Comics #82-92 and World's Finest #12-14, the Dynamic Duo head out west to stop a gang of cattle rustlers, untangle the upside down crimes of The Joker and face a gang of crooks who use football plays to inspire their crimes.
    ISBN-10: 1401294162
    ISBN-13: 978-1401294168
    List Price = $24.99
    When I just checked, the listing on amazon.com now has the date as "January 21, 2020".
    About three months later, the January 21, 2020 date is still listed for amazon.com and also on Penguin / Random House International.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

A page from The Brave and The Bold #200.

B&Bpanel200.jpg

It seems like there should only be one more omnibus to come - maybe? - before the omnibuses move from the Golden to Silver Age?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Omg Robin looks so cute. Is that Cliff Chiang? Kinda remind me of Cliff Chiang from afar. The coloring and style look a bit more modern compared to the previous cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Omg Robin looks so cute. Is that Cliff Chiang? Kinda remind me of Cliff Chiang from afar. The coloring and style look a bit more modern compared to the previous cover.
    Don't know who did the art for the Vol. 6 cover, but Vol. 4 and Vol. 5 are listed as having covers by Evan "Doc" Shaner on Previewsworld.