Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    xavier chose scott because he was the best. warren, hank and bobby would be terrible and, i like jean as a leader but scott is better. no one will be written better than scott as leader though at this point. unless for the next 30 years they don't have scott as leader and someone protects them from extinction and fends off nimrods and risks everything to make sure more mutants are born. scott is the leader because he makes the hard decisions jean and kitty wouldn't. he doesn't need to be liked
    Xavier choose Scott because writers wanted it to be. It's not a natural decision. I think Jean has better comunication.
    maybe one day Marvel will recognize there is other leaders beyond Scott

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Scott was chosen as Xavier's successor since the Roy Thomas stories maybe even the Stan Lee stories.

He was Xavier's first student and unlike the other four students he had no else outside the academy until Alex was introduced so the school was his life.

So again it was natural story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Scott was chosen as Xavier's successor since the Roy Thomas stories maybe even the Stan Lee stories.

He was Xavier's first student and unlike the other four students he had no else outside the academy until Alex was introduced so the school was his life.

So again it was natural story telling.
    i don't think you know what Natural means...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Those last two weren't natural in any way, shape, or form. In addition to those two things being written horribly as well.
    At least with Schism, we see that his position on using the “students” (who were already considered X-Men at that point) never really changed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think leadership in general is overrated. Anybody can give orders to others, that being said one of the things that makes Scott stand out is that he is allowed to mess up, to look bad and make serious mistakes.
    that is not exactly good but it can give place to conflict and controversy. I personally don't like it, i would like him to be more like Cap but conflic and adversity are the base of many stories.
    I think people wouldn't care about leadership so much of cyclops wouldn't have obtained so much glory and popularity because of it, these days everyone is saying that their favorite character should lead, and that's fine, but it's mostly because of the glory, and that's an horrible reason to lead. Leadership is about taking the decisions people don't like, weighting the lesser evil, receiving scorn from people that don't understand your position, being the receiver of everyone hatred when everything goes to hell, etc. It's a thankless job and only few truly achieve glory and it's due to many sacrifices... Leadership is tailor made for Scott because as a character he's been the receiver of everyones hatred so he can take it, imagine if Jean or Storm received the amount of scorn and hatred Scott receives from fans in a daily basis, I honestly would not wish that upon their fans

Stop selling it weekly. Place great artists on the book. Give those artist more time to work on the book. Otherwise I think Uncanny X-men is pretty good. Instead of turning heroes into villains use the villains. Marvel has plenty of good villains. Also I bet the weekly schedule hurts the writing as much as the art.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You're the one going around saying the writers made Xavier choose Scott and then say it wasn't a natural decision.
    You remember Xavier really isn't a real person like Patrick Stewart, right?

BANNED

Cyclops was the one that grew up with Xavier without outside influences, Xavier molded him into what the X men needed and he had no family, dreams or desires of his own, just to fight for his mentor dream without question or hesitation, he's the one less likely to leave and most likely to stay thus Xavier trained him into leadership, and Xavier has admitted that cyclops has skills as a leader since he's young, because he's ready to make difficult choices without being emotional about it

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Cyclops should've never died in the first place. I'm not saying that as a fan who likes Cyclops. Anyone who works in fiction should be able to realize why killing him off was a boneheaded move. Post AvX and Bendis, he was the line's most interesting and unpredictable character. It's like if after Civil War, they killed Iron Man until Siege. That would be so stupid. It doesn't help that the stuff Scott died for wasn't even worth it. So now that he's coming and new brains are in charge, they should be trying to recapture that lost momentum, but no -- From his costume to his role, he's already BAKC 2 TEH GOD OL DAYZ and back with Wolverine, with none of it being earned. And O5 Cyclops got screwed too, because he had to live under a different character's shadow. Just. Rubbish.
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I think people wouldn't care about leadership so much of cyclops wouldn't have obtained so much glory and popularity because of it, these days everyone is saying that their favorite character should lead, and that's fine, but it's mostly because of the glory, and that's an horrible reason to lead. Leadership is about taking the decisions people don't like, weighting the lesser evil, receiving scorn from people that don't understand your position, being the receiver of everyone hatred when everything goes to hell, etc. It's a thankless job and only few truly achieve glory and it's due to many sacrifices... Leadership is tailor made for Scott because as a character he's been the receiver of everyones hatred so he can take it, imagine if Jean or Storm received the amount of scorn and hatred Scott receives from fans in a daily basis, I honestly would not wish that upon their fans
    The lack of "like" button on this site is killing me. You're right.
    85336463e92fcbd59244187162a51b0a.jpg

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Cyclops was the one that grew up with Xavier without outside influences, Xavier molded him into what the X men needed and he had no family, dreams or desires of his own, just to fight for his mentor dream without question or hesitation, he's the one less likely to leave and most likely to stay thus Xavier trained him into leadership, and Xavier has admitted that cyclops has skills as a leader since he's young, because he's ready to make difficult choices without being emotional about it
    Not only that, but he was the only one who couldn't control his powers. That made him aware of the need to demonstrate control and act in a safe and responsible manner. Otherwise, well said.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Not according to Astonishing X-Men. He was made leader cause he had nothing else. But sure he turned out grand

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You're the one going around saying the writers made Xavier choose Scott and then say it wasn't a natural decision.
    You remember Xavier really isn't a real person like Patrick Stewart, right?
    Nor scott is a real person that things just keep happening to him

Scott changing for the better and becoming his own person under the tutelage of Emma Frost was seamlessly done over 14 years

Nor scott is a real person that things just keep happening to him
    Okay? That still doesn't clear up what's your definition for a natural decision.