Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glass 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Unbreakable is the only MKS movie I still enjoy watching. But I had not seen Split yet, so plan on seeing that and then seeing this one.

Though the movie trailers make it seem like the entire movie is going to be cuckoo.
    Split's a lot better than Unbreakable. I never really liked Unbreakable much until seeing Split, then rewatching Unbreakable afterward due to the films being connected. It made me appreciate Unbreakable a lot more.

I will say I originally had no intention of watching Split because the trailers looked lame. Multiple personality disorder as the premise didn't seem too appealing, but a coworker insisted I watch it and it's a damn good movie.

I'm looking forward to Glass, but I'll be honest....I don't know what to make of the trailers, and if I hadn't seen Split, beforehand, I'd have absolutely no interest in this film.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 01-07-2019 at 01:11 PM.

After I saw Wanted, it made me more interested in seeing Split. McAvoy does crazy very well!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    So am I, I haven't seen Split but Unbreakable is one of the best films I've seen.
    You should give it a try , it's really good.

Spectacular Member

Good movie. Can't wait to see it again. Very satisfying third movie in the trilogy. Many twists, reveals, ties to comic lore...awesome.

And yes, The Whisperman comic I mentioned and posted above did have a part to play in the movie...

Retired

I'd like to see a comic book that used the ideas developed in GLASS.

Looks like the film was tracking $75m and breaking records but only made $40m. Still made it's budget back (due to it was cheap to make at only $20m however not sure of ad and promotion cost) but word of mouth really hurt it. Next week will be the real test on if it has legs.

Tracking.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...eekend-a165533

Box office. Note that dragonball has more news and is getting talked about more then glass!

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4477&p=.htm

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

That’s actually what Split made on its opening.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like the film was tracking $75m and breaking records but only made $40m. Still made it's budget back (due to it was cheap to make at only $20m however not sure of ad and promotion cost) but word of mouth really hurt it. Next week will be the real test on if it has legs.
    You'd really have to stretch the truth to argue that GLASS is some kind of financial failure.

It could well fall a lot in the second weekend, but it's made so much money already that it doesn't matter. Although I'm sure M. Night would like to have more money to make other movies. But if he was really in it for the money, he wouldn't make such quirky films.

Ideally this would have been the kind of movie that comes out to little fanfare and audiences discover it on their own and it becomes a sleeper hit and a cult classic.

I love the movie but, for selfish reasons, I wouldn't want GLASS to be a huge monster hit. That would mean it had sold out and become just another super-hero blockbuster action movie. It references those kinds of movies, but it's playing a different game.

It can't be accessible to everyone, because it's slow moving and demands a lot of attention to figure out what's really going on underneath. It has lots of exposition but that doesn't actually help the viewer to figure it out--because much of the exposition is leading you to think one thing is going to happen when something else will happen.

You don't need to have seen the other movies, but it certainly helps in any deeper understanding of the themes and character motivations.

I didn't say it was a bomb. It made $40m on a $20m budget. It's not a bomb. Not sure about the ads budget but i'm sure they made that back but this film was tracking $75m and was going to break records. Then the reviews come out and the film only made $40m. Yes it's a hit but not the hit they were tracking. Plus word of mouth could hurt this film. I know people who HATED this film and ranted online over it. I also know people who really liked it and say it's a great movie. That's fine for both. Everyone has their own taste. But how will it do next week? Will the good reviews give it legs or the bad reviews sink it next week?

I kind can't wait to see how it goes.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-21-2019 at 12:54 PM.

From what I've read from people Bruce Willis sleep walks through the whole movie and while McAvoy did amazing in Split here hes just hams it up too much.

Will these people show up in 4? :P :P
    celestials poster.jpg

To be honest it was a great movie, intertwining character relationships from mother to son with glass , from father to son with Unbreakable and between former hostage / friend and kidnapper with Split .

The ending took my breath away and it was an incredible truth that M. Night Shamalan struck on.

That there are those amongst us with abilities at times more than the average man or woman .

That at times we can be gifted in fields in greater ways than most .

And I think also the heroism aspect was also a way of expressing ones inside as well as a sense of pride through right and wrong choices we make developing ourselves personally ona quest of individuality.

Gosh sorry that was a hell of a thing lol

Extraordinary Member

I was gonna see it till I heard about the ending. Think I'll wait on it now. Really like unbreakable and enjoyed Split tho.

Retired

I think if someone watched UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT, then GLASS is the natural follow-up to those movies. Willis, Jackson and McAvoy and the rest of the actors from the two previous movies are in character. The kinds of things M. Night does in the two previous movies, he does in this one. The three movies fit together quite well.

If people are disappointed then they either didn't see the other two movies or they forgot what those movies were like and had built up an expectation that this movie would be completely different from the other two.

It's better to go into the movies unspoiled and not listening to what other people have said about them. That's why I went to GLASS on the Friday it came out, becauae I didn't want to take the risk of someone spoiling the movie for me before I got a chance to see it. And I don't just mean spoiling the endings, but spoiling what other people feel about the movies.

Mighty Member

Looks like **** like the last M Night movie