Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glass 2018

BANNED

Default Glass 2018

OK I have enormous respect for Samuel L. Jackson, and zero respect for M. Night Shyamalan and so-so respect for Bruce Willis. But this Glass movie seems to me like a lot of talent wasted on a talentless director. There is nothing about the trailers that looks remotely interesting. What do you think?

What is the premise? Superheroes/super powers? For the few seconds I saw, I could not tell.

Retired

Have you seen UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT?

Spectacular Member

VERY excited for this film. Unbreakable is one of my all time favorites.

I've not seen mention of this....pretty much anywhere online (and I've searched). At the 2018 NYCC, there was a booth promoting "Glass" that was made to look like the comic books store from the move. Complete with actual real comics on display.

But...the centerpiece was a fake comic in a glass case, called "The Whisperman". The cover was done by Alex Ross, who also did the great movie poster for "Glass". The Whisperman cover also says "Who are his parents?".

I've not seen ANYTHING about this, but I'm very curious to see if somehow this character fits into the movie. Here is a photo of the comic from the booth.

EDIT: Pardon the photo being sideways. Cant' seem to get it to upload upright.

20181007_154720 (Medium).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jtd; 01-06-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacular Member

Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Thanks man!
    You're welcome!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Retired

Y'see, it's impossible to reply to the comments by AJBopp and Phoenixx9 without knowing if they've seen UNBREAKABLE or SPLIT. If they haven't then any reply would be a major spoiler.

Suffice to say that GLASS is one of the few movies I will make an effort to see on the opening weekend--but I can't explain why.

I have not seen either of the movies you list.

Retired

You should see those two movies, then you might want to see GLASS. UNBREAKABLE (2000) was the movie he made after THE SIXTH SENSE. Of the Shyamalan movies that I've seen, it's the one I like best and I always think of it when I go to see other comic book movies. Characters from that movie return in GLASS (as shown in the trailer, so that's not a big spoiler).

OK, thanks.

Split taught me love. Unbreakable taught me patience. Glass taught me pain. Because it is taking too long to release. I'm really excited for it.
    Last edited by VGCinema; 01-06-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by VGCinema View Post
    Split taught me love. Unbreakable taught me patience. Glass taught me pain. Because it is taking too long to release. I'm really excited for it.
    So am I, I haven't seen Split but Unbreakable is one of the best films I've seen.

Unbreakable is the only MKS movie I still enjoy watching. But I had not seen Split yet, so plan on seeing that and then seeing this one.

Though the movie trailers make it seem like the entire movie is going to be cuckoo.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'm curious about it but it's not a must-see film yet. I liked Split so I'm curious to see where it goes from there etc.