Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Avengers #127 Sep 1974
    "Bride and Doom!" Guest-starring the Fantastic Four and the Inhumans.
    Gorgon and Lockjaw arrive at Avengers Mansion to take Earth's Mightiest Heroes to Attilan for the wedding of Crystal and Quicksilver!

Just one small problem though…the Avengers much less the Scarlet Witch never received an invitation from Pietro!
    Nonetheless, the Avengers are happy to go and minutes later reunite with the Inhumans and the Fantastic Four in the Hidden Land!
    Will Wanda and Pietro make peace before the wedding?

How about Crystal and the Human Torch? Or Mantis and the Swordsman?
    Unfortunately, any and all reconciliation attempts are interrupted by Maximus' Omega, and the rampaging Alpha Primitives!

And shortly thereafter the wild free-for-all begins! But the Avengers, Fantastic Four and Inhumans should
    have enough firepower to stop these wedding crashers! Unless there is one more lurking in the shadows!

Script by Steve Englehart. Art by Sal Buscema (breakdowns) and Joe Staton (finishes).

I thought Mantis had killed Quicksilver because of Thor's statement!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    So long Fox Quicksilver I have my fingers crossed that Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness will feature the ressurection of the MCU Quicksilver.
    I really hope so. They need him in the Avengers along with Wanda.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I would be pleased if Aaron Taylor-Johnson took up the role again. He’s a good actor that not only looks like Pietro, but is also Jewish. If Marvel acknowledges that heritage on screen, as well as that Magneto the Jewish Holocaust survivor is his father, that would be better. I’ve read the rumors as well, about showing up in either WandaVision, or Doctor Strange in the Universe of Electric Bugaloo, but until I see set photos, I can’t get too excited. From the plethora of articles that breathlessly monger Pietro’s return since he died, it at least let’s me know that he is still on people’s minds despite only showing up in one movie.

Still no sign of Quicksilver in the comics. I can’t help but wonder what Pietro’s reaction to Krakoa would be. Would he feel uneasy thinking it could end like Genosha did, or yearning to be a part of mutantdom once more and finally feel like he belongs somewhere? Would he bring Luna with him? It’s terrible knowing Pietro should be a part of this story but isn’t.

Also, Steve Englehart was so determined to make Pietro into a complete monster, I can’t help but wonder if someone named Pietro ran over his dog or something.

BANNED

Fantastic Four #150 Sep 1974
    "Ultron-7: He'll Rule the World!"
    Story continues from Avengers 127.
    It was supposed to be a glorious day in the Great Refuge for Crystal and Quicksilver's wedding,
    but an uninvited guest, a certain adamantium guest, has crashed the party!
    The Avengers' long-time foe, Ultron, possesses the body of Omega and captures the bride!
    Next the evil robot attacks the Fantastic Four, the Inhumans and Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
    It's an all-star showdown as 16 super-heroes challenge the might of Ultron-7!

Can anyone... man, woman, or child...save the day?
    Wedding of Crystal and Quicksilver.

Watching from afar via video link is the Whizzer, whom everyone believes to be the father of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

Written by Gerry Conway. Pencils by Rich Buckler. Inks by Joe Sinnott.

These issues were the best!! The artwork, bright colors, the stories, even the fill-in-tge-missing-pieces stories (like the next issue with Thundra)!

I loved the wedding scene of Crystal and Pietro. Beautifully captured!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Fantastic Four #150 Sep 1974
    "Ultron-7: He'll Rule the World!"
    Story continues from Avengers 127.
    It was supposed to be a glorious day in the Great Refuge for Crystal and Quicksilver's wedding,
    but an uninvited guest, a certain adamantium guest, has crashed the party!
    The Avengers' long-time foe, Ultron, possesses the body of Omega and captures the bride!
    Next the evil robot attacks the Fantastic Four, the Inhumans and Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
    It's an all-star showdown as 16 super-heroes challenge the might of Ultron-7!

Can anyone... man, woman, or child...save the day?
    Wedding of Crystal and Quicksilver.

Watching from afar via video link is the Whizzer, whom everyone believes to be the father of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

Written by Gerry Conway. Pencils by Rich Buckler. Inks by Joe Sinnott.
    This technically made Pietro the prince of the inhumans.

Well, at this time, Black Bolt and Medusa were still only dating, so it only made Pietro a noble until they did. Then he was a prince consort(?) of the Inhumans. If he was still a mutant, he would be a prince in his own right, as the Son of M.

In today’s edition of ‘is he or isn’t he?!’, Quicksilver is referred to as a mutant in the Marvel Future Fight ad for his T3 uniform. Ironically, it’s the uniform Pietro was wearing for the Axis retcon in Uncanny Avengers.

84B4A1BE-7624-4B52-8A69-FF4A4B4E4266.jpg

More and more cracks appear in the retcon, but it’s clearly going to take a while.

As far as I'm concerned, Quicksilver is still a mutant, both him and Wanda. Not only that, I still associate them as the children of Magneto more so than Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Quicksilver is still a mutant, both him and Wanda. Not only that, I still associate them as the children of Magneto more so than Lorna.
    Most people do, honestly. I didn’t even know who Lorna was supposed to be when I originally read House of M, and thought she was made up by Wanda like Layla Miller (originally). It didn’t help that when I did remember her, it was her appearance in Age of Apocalypse, then the original X-Factor stories. I still think of her more as a friend who is as close as a sister to Pietro, than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    In today’s edition of ‘is he or isn’t he?!’, Quicksilver is referred to as a mutant in the Marvel Future Fight ad for his T3 uniform. Ironically, it’s the uniform Pietro was wearing for the Axis retcon in Uncanny Avengers.

84B4A1BE-7624-4B52-8A69-FF4A4B4E4266.jpg

More and more cracks appear in the retcon, but it’s clearly going to take a while.
    Son of M would've made no sense if he weren't a mutant. I wouldn't take the High Evolutionary's word. I'm curious as to how Hickman is gonna make them mutants again.

BANNED

Avengers #188 Oct 1979
    "Elementary, Dear Avengers!"
    The Avengers take Quicksilver home to Attilan.

Most of the team are dazzled by the sight of the futuristic city.
    Crystal is on hand to greet her husband and the team upon their arrival.

She reveals the news that she is pregnant to a very stunned Pietro.
    Although Wanda is happy for Crystal, she is suddenly plagued with doubts about her own
    potential for motherhood -- could she and the Vision have a child? Should they even try?

Cameo appearance by Crystal, Black Bolt, Gorgon, Karnak and the Darkhold.
    Avengers Lineup: Beast, Captain America, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man and the Wasp.
    NOTES: In this issue Crystal reveals that she is pregnant. Quicksilver and Crystal's baby, Luna, is born in Fantastic Four 240.
    The Elements of Doom return many years later in Thunderbolts 6.

Plot by Jim Shooter. Script by Bill Mantlo. Art by John Byrne (breakdowns), Dan Green (finishes) and Frank Springer (finishes).

That dumb founded expression on Pietro’s face is priceless. But then I guess I would be if I found out via surprise press conference that you’re supposed to give. John Byrne also drew a really lovely Wanda.

art by christian vieira