Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I've somehow missed this haha but I'm not sure even Deadpool would be up to the task.

Sort of... in this teeny tiny panel in Infinity War # 2. Yes, I'm that sad.

Thanks! I never saw this before. So they had briefly met...and there is Aurora blocking them, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks! I never saw this before. So they had briefly met...and there is Aurora blocking them, lol!
    I see it as Auroras pushing Northstar towards him, and Spideys not reading the room and doing the blocking! jibber jabbering

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I see it as Auroras pushing Northstar towards him, and Spideys not reading the room and doing the blocking! jibber jabbering
    Hahaha, you may be right!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I think of both cinematic depictions as incomplete. The MCU had Pietro’s base personality, Wanda, and his Avenger’s ties, while the XCU had his power, Magneto, and his X-Men ties. Hopefully, with the Fox deal going through, MCU Pietro will inherit his XCU counterpart’s traits and make him feel like the definitive cinematic version of Quicksilver.

That’s the long answer version of ‘I’m torn because I love both for what they are ‘. In any case, all I know is if any version of Pietro doesn’t get to run around to ‘Oh! You Pretty Things’ by David Bowie, then this has all been for nothing.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 02-25-2019 at 05:24 PM.

I'm liking this

[Edit]Tut, It was a gif of Pietro running up debris TK'd by Famke Janssen, ops no, sorry Sophie Turner playing Famke as XM The Last Stand Dark Pheonix.

a still
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-28-2019 at 03:37 AM.

I just saw the trailer. Thanks for posting the gif, Ultimate Rogue! This is the first real hint of QS’s involvement. While it looks like the rumors of Mystique being killed were true, it could still go bad considering the last time Peter went up against an omega mutant didn’t end well for him. At the very least, we will get a cool scene out of it. Of course what I really want to know is if this will finally see Peter having a talk with Magneto after two whole movies!

BANNED

Talking Happy 55th Anniversary 616 Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver 1964-2019

Uncanny X-Men #4 Mar 1964
    "The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants!"
    The X-Men are in the middle of their latest training session. Marvel Girl is given the task of lifting a lid from a box using her telekinetic powers.
    Once it is opened she finds a birthday cake stashed inside. Professor Xavier explains that it has
    been one year since classes first started at the school, and he felt that the date should be celebrated.

Meanwhile four other mutants (Toad, Mastermind, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch) are seen having dinner.
    Mastermind tries to impress the Scarlet Witch, but she is not interested in him. Mastermind threatens her but Quicksilver intervenes to protect his sister.
    Magneto is elsewhere, seen stealing a freighter and returning it to his secret headquarters somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.
    When Magneto returns, Toad informs him that Quicksilver and Mastermind were fighting.

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch tell Magneto that they do not want to be members of his group anymore,
    but Magneto informs them that they are forever in his debt. The group has a flashback to a town in Europe where
    Magneto saves the Scarlet Witch from an angry mob that wants to kill her for burning down a barn with her mutant powers.

Magneto and his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants use the stolen freighter to attack the small nation of Santo Marco in South America.
    Professor Xavier learns of the attack and contacts Magneto on the astral plane using his telepathic powers.
    Professor Xavier and Magneto dispute their different views on mutant and human relations;
    Professor Xavier believes that they should coexist with one another, while Magneto believes that homo-superior should rule the world.
    Mastermind creates an imaginary army to frighten Santo Marco's populace so the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants can easily take over the country.

Professor Xavier and the X-Men travel to Santo Marco using the story of an American professor and his students on a goodwill mission.
    Once they are in the country, the X-Men change into their costumes and attack the Brotherhood.
    Mastermind tries to scare the X-Men away by creating an illusion of a fire wall in the X-Men's path.
    Professor Xavier realizes that the fire is not real, so he enters it to show his students that there is nothing to fear.

The X-Men devise a plan to attack the Brotherhood, but do not realize that the palace door has been booby trapped with a bomb.
    Just before Beast opens the door, Professor Xavier senses the danger and hurls himself in front of the X-Men to protect them.
    The Brotherhood escape from the palace, but not before Quicksilver disarms a second bomb intended to destroy the entire nation along with the X-Men.
    Professor Xavier regains consciousness only to learn that his telepathic powers were damaged by the explosion.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Paul Reinman.

Quicksilver had a cameo in Marvelous X-Men #2.571D178F-1D99-43EF-81B7-01FC788787AB.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 03-16-2019 at 02:40 PM.

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man #71 Apr 1969
    "The Speedster and the Spider!"
    Trying to redeem himself after his recent career with Magneto, Quicksilver decides to bring in the menace known as Spider-Man

but discovers he isn't the villain the Bugle has painted him to be.

Script by John Romita (plot) and Stan Lee (script), pencils by John Romita (layouts) and Jim Mooney (pencils), inks by Jim Mooney

I love those old stories. They usually showed clever ways characters utilized their powers that were lost in later stories because writers don't know the characters or put enough interest/imagination into them.

Long time no see. A little bit of news before Dark Phoenix comes out. Pietro is a playable character in the mobile game Marvel Super War. Here’s what he looks like in it.

EBAD418A-1476-488A-8E31-DE4D727204FD.jpg

FC06E284-36D7-4068-9965-A614320E359C.jpg

I found it interesting to see that Quicksilver’s ultimate move is called ‘Spatial Relativity ‘, which allows the player to create a temporal field that slows down opponents while speeding up Pietro. It’s great when creators explore his power potential for time manipulation. I’d love to see it in the comics, like building on what Saladin Ahmed did in his mini.

BANNED

Magneto Rex #1 May 1999
    "Ascendance"
    Continued from X-Men #88.
    Magneto arrives in Genosha and assumes control despite worldwide controversy.
    He is attacked by Magistrate forces but is saved by a mutate who takes him to meet with the existing leadership.
    Magneto incorporates this diverse group of Genoshan nationals into his new cabinet, though he truly trusts none of them.
    Quicksilver discovers that Amelia Voght has been spying on him under his father’s commands and demands to be taken to Magneto.
    He is surprised to learn of Magneto’s new role in Genosha and decides to look into the state of affairs there.

He is quickly captured by The Zealot, the leader of a mutate rebellion that opposes Magneto’s ascension to the throne in Genosha.
    Magneto recruits Fabian Cortez into his cabinet to help him maintain his former power levels.
    Rogue arrives to try and talk some sense into Magneto and discovers The Zealot

and his plan to sacrifice Pietro as the opening salvo in his war to reclaim Genosha from Magneto.

Written by Joe Pruett. Art by Brandon Peterson and Matt Banning.

Magneto Rex has always been one of my favorite books. That era of Marvel was really good to Pietro. With all this return to 90s nostalgia, you would think QS would be doing much better than he is. If/when the retcon is reversed, maybe that will change.

Also, there is now news about possible father son reveals in Dark Pheonix. Spoiler following the link.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/x-men-...e-went-2504669

spoilers:
    While I’m very disappointed that there will never be any resolution despite Peters and Kinberg intimating otherwise, it does bode well for Dark Pheonix focusing on Jean and hopefully being a better movie for it.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Magneto Rex #2 Jun 1999
    "Into Darkness"
    The Zealot plots to use the captured Quicksilver to draw the new “Lord of Genosha” out.
    Rogue discovers that Pietro is in peril and forms an uneasy alliance with Amelia Voght to try to save him.
    Their appeals to Magneto to help them fall on deaf ears as the Master of Magnetism is
    too busy threatening the United Nations who have been keeping a watchful eye on Genosha.
    Magneto claims he no longer cares for Rogue or Pietro, but gives Rogue enough time in Genosha to try and rescue Quicksilver.

Rogue and Amelia succeed in freeing Quicksilver but are quickly intercepted
    by the Zealot who has determined that Pietro is of no further use to him.
    Before he can kill Quicksilver, the rest of the Genoshan cabinet arrives including Magneto.
    Magneto openly challenges the Zealot and declares that when he is done with him, the Zealot will acknowledge his rightful rule of Genosha.

Written by Joe Pruett. Art by Brandon Peterson and Matt Banning.

Want MCU Quicksilver Marvel legend figure why they never make one?