Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

For those who celebrate, happy thanksgiving! To those who don’t, good morning!

In response to the rumors that Quicksilver will be in WandaVision or Doctor Strange and the Multiverse if Madness, Aaron Taylor-Johnson says that he’s not currently in talks to come back as Pietro, but would if they asked him. While he could be keeping mum on any involvement with either project, it would seem there are still no plans for our boy to return to the MCU.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng..._campaign=test

Marvel Future Fight is having sales for Black Friday, and the advert has Quicksilver in his various costumes.

D79E730C-7FE2-4242-B5D6-F061F9F00396.jpg

Lastly, here’s a wholesome picture of Grampneto in a lovely sweater coming to spend Thanksgiving with the fam.

2EC6BF4D-F7F3-4A06-8F86-678BC312BD4B.jpg

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

When will he arrive on Krakoa where he belongs?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Avengers #380 Nov 1994
    "Errand of Mercy"
    Quicksilver and Crystal journey to Wundagore Mountain to visit Pietro's dear friend Bova the cow-woman.
    Bova raised Pietro and his sister many years ago after they were born atop the snowy Balkan mountain.
    Once the two avengers enter Bova's cottage, they find her in very poor health

and perhaps near death. But Bova's caretaker has an idea for Quicksilver!
    Go to the top of the mountain and convince the High Evolutionary to cure his very first creation!
    However the mutant speedster knows that little good happens atop that mystic mountain after dark!
    Yet for Bova's sake, he will make a run to the summit! Godspeed Pietro!

NOTES: Bova previously appeared in X-Men Unlimited 2.
    This issue begins Mike Deodato's 2-year run as the primary penciler of the Avengers title.

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by Mike Deodato. Inks by Tom Palmer.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    When will he arrive on Krakoa where he belongs?
    Good question. I can only hope it will be sooner rather than later. Maybe he’ll do a reverse Kate and accidentally run into a gateway and end up in Krakoa. Of course, knowing Marvel, they’d rather make it an over the top soap-y event like ‘Mutants Once More’ Or ‘The Trial of the Pretender Wanda Maximoff’ or some such thing.

Of course the question then becomes, what then? Does he join X-Force and Jean, or the Marauders with Kate (yes please)? Or would he be more more closely aligned with his father, as an advisor and heir of the House of M? Goodness knows, a lot is going on, and I’d love Pietro be involved at all. Especially since as usual, when the Avengers don’t need him to be a heel for Wanda, they leave him in limbo until they do. Duggan’s Uncanny was the last time where that didn’t happen. Sure, the mind control bit was old hat for Pietro, but at least Duggan thought of him as his own character that could contribute to the team (instead of getting knocked out instantly) and getting along with his team (instead of hissing and snarling for no reason beyond the writer knows that ‘jerk’ is one of his personality traits). It’s one of the reasons I would love to see him on Marauders.

As always, thank you 616 for the scans. Pietro really does love his cow mom. I imagine if Magda had lived and raised the twins, he would have been such a mama’s boy. This is the softer side that rarely peeks out from the armor of salt and shade everyone sees.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 11-28-2019 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

Avengers #381 Dec 1994
    "Sacred Ground"
    After surviving their tussle with the Animutants, Crystal and Quicksilver plead their case to the High Evolutionary!
    However inside his majestic citadel, the master geneticist is highly suspicious of Pietro's visit,
    because of recent trouble on Wundagore Mountain involving the Magneto-worshipping acolytes!

Nevertheless the two avengers allay his fears, and the High Evolutionary comes down from the mountain and attends Bova!
    In the presence of her creator, Bova's spirits are suddenly lifted and everyone feels the worst is over.
    But then someone evil makes an entrance or perhaps better stated…an Exodus!

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by Mike Deodato. Inks by Tom Palmer.

Oh my goodness, just started PAD's X-Factor and I think I'm going to fall madly deeply in love with Pietro. Suddenly Jim Lee's sexy Savage Land Magneto burns a bitter desire in me to go very fast and recklessly someplace out of Daddy's kingdom. How dare he with that hair and those muscles!
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote