Default Thought about episode 9's Leia use and a lost scene from TFA.

In the second trailer to the Force Awakens, there's a short scene showing Maz handing Luke's lightsaber over to Leia. (In the finished film, it doesn't seem to leave Finn's possession until he drops it in the fight). Apparently Maz was going to accompany the group back to the resistance base, instead of presumably staying to repair her bar/castle or whatever she was doing in "The Last Jedi") and would give Leia the weapon for some reason in scene that was ultimately dropped.

Wonder if this is some of the footage that will be somehow reworked into Episode 9's plot? Maybe Maz somehow fixes the saber (She was, after all, in possession of the weapon for many years and might have some technical know-how). Lupita has been confirmed I think to return as Maz....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Dunno. Guess it depends on what they want Rey to do with the broken saber. I've also been wondering if they'll use the footage to put Leia "in the flesh" in some scenes or if it'll just be holograms. Also wonder if they'll have Leia pass away somehow to explain why her appearances are sparse. (That would be interesting if each sequel film showed the final actions of each original hero).

Either way, I hope that Kylo's relationship with his mom (or lack thereof) is explored in some fashion; I mean, she was the one who initially thought they could get him back and seems to be at the crossroads in TLJ of whether to write him off as gone forever or still having a chance to repent. That's really interesting stuff I've been curious about.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

And of course Kylo hesitated on destroying the bridge, leaving his squadmates to do it.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Dunno. Guess it depends on what they want Rey to do with the broken saber. I've also been wondering if they'll use the footage to put Leia "in the flesh" in some scenes or if it'll just be holograms. Also wonder if they'll have Leia pass away somehow to explain why her appearances are sparse. (That would be interesting if each sequel film showed the final actions of each original hero).

Either way, I hope that Kylo's relationship with his mom (or lack thereof) is explored in some fashion; I mean, she was the one who initially thought they could get him back and seems to be at the crossroads in TLJ of whether to write him off as gone forever or still having a chance to repent. That's really interesting stuff I've been curious about.
    The only rumor on the saber has been Rey reforges the broken kyber crystal with her AT-AT staff and gives the mended Skywalker saber to Leia as a gift.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium